Blade Review with Lily Zhang | JOOLA Nobilis PBO-c

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
What's up guys, today I'm joined alongside US Olympian Lily Zhang to review the blade she uses, the JOOLA Nobilis. Lily is awesome and was a great lot of fun!

Enjoy the review :)

Have you tried this blade yet? Any questions let us know in the comments.

This user has no status.
I’ve got a Nobilis and like it a lot so far. Extremely comfortable handle too. So far it has a nice balance of speed and control for me when looping and blocking. I do however understand what Dan is talking about the ball popping off quick during passive play.

Originally I had a sheet of Omega V Asia sitting in my basement that I decided to experiment with (2.0 mm) and I liked it way more than I thought it would.

My normal setup is a Stiga Infinity with Rhyzer 48 & 43, so I’m going to glue that on the Nobilis tonight and see how it goes.

@yogi_bear Have you tried the Butterfly Amultart blade? It has the same composition. I’m wondering how the two blades compare.

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Was she using Joola Rubber or Tenergy ?

Yeah Lily was using the Rhyzer 50 on both sides, she said she preferred the hardest version as it gets her more spin.

I’ve got a Nobilis and like it a lot so far. Extremely comfortable handle too. So far it has a nice balance of speed and control for me when looping and blocking. I do however understand what Dan is talking about the ball popping of quick during passive play.

Hey Bryan, nice! Yeah it's very comfortable extremely smooth finish. Yeah it's a pretty reactive blade, nice!

Reactions: BryanY

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Also, LiLy’s backhand is really quick! I need to switch coaches. LoL [emoji12]

(Or just train more)

Aha yes lots of training. Multi ball is also a great way to improve the backhand. Also I like doing backhand counter to backhand counter this is a good way to improve the backhand, if you can play your backhand in this situation, it becomes a lot easier to execute against a normal blocked ball :)

Very good review

Thanks Konrad! :)

Reactions: Dr Evil