Help needed for rubber

This user has no status.
Hey everyone, I'm looking for decent rubbers on both sides of the hurricane 301 blade and I've got some options in my Liverpool(I hate arsenal xd)
Forehand:
Dhs and Nittaku Hurricane turbo 3 pro blue sponge
DHS Hurricane 8
Xiom Omega 7 Asia
Donic BlueGrip v1
Donic BlueGrip r1
And here are the things I want from my forehand rubber:
-must be grippy
-nice durability
-high speed without losing feeling or control
-low throw angle
And the rubbers I found for backhand:
Stiga Mantra M
Stiga Mantra H
Butterfly Dignics 05
Donic BlueStorm Z1/Z1 turbo
Donic bluefire M1/M1 turbo
Xiom omega 7 tour
Xiom omega 7 pro
And here are the things I want for the backhand rubber:
-must be tensor
-durability matters
-high speed without losing control or feeling

Also I want to get both sides at max thickness
Please provide your reasons and list them from your most recommended to the least one again with reasons :)

Last edited:
Omega 7 Asia, though if you have played with T05 you'll find it very very different, but ok - its alternativeq not a substitute. You may feel closer to t05 the Omega V Asia. Anyway my choise would be O7Asia - better in all aspects and with more options /depending on level/ than T05.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Xu Xin's Dynasty carbon is stiff therefore should pair with a FH rubber with at least medium throw. If you want to play Xu Xin's style without boosting, Hurricane 8 would be the best choice for FH. The second best would be Xiom omega 7 pro.

Hey everyone, I'm looking for decent rubbers on both sides of the hurricane 301 blade and I've got some options in my Liverpool(I hate arsenal xd)
Forehand:
Dhs and Nittaku Hurricane turbo 3 pro blue sponge
DHS Hurricane 8
Xiom Omega 7 Asia
Donic BlueGrip v1
Donic BlueGrip r1
And here are the things I want from my forehand rubber:
-must be grippy
-nice durability
-high speed without losing feeling or control
-low throw angle
And the rubbers I found for backhand:
Stiga Mantra M
Stiga Mantra H
Butterfly Dignics 05
Donic BlueStorm Z1/Z1 turbo
Donic bluefire M1/M1 turbo
Xiom omega 7 tour
Xiom omega 7 pro
And here are the things I want for the backhand rubber:
-must be tensor
-durability matters
-high speed without losing control or feeling

Also I want to get both sides at max thickness
Please provide your reasons and list them from your most recommended to the least one again with reasons :)

Xu Xin's Dynasty carbon is stiff therefore should pair with a FH rubber with at least medium throw. If you want to play Xu Xin's style without boosting, Hurricane 8 would be the best choice for FH. The second best would be Xiom omega 7 pro.

Maybe some players /or maybe a lot of players/ would like the Xiom Omegs 7 Pro on a stiff /and hard/ blade, but I don't.
My feeling is that the Pro lines in all Xiom families have very strong catapult and at least for me it doesn't suit with such blades.
But maybe its just for me, others may feel different.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I have played Omega7 Pro on Ma Long 5. Very good control with huge speed and spin.

Like I said H8 will pair well with Dynasty carbon.

Maybe some players /or maybe a lot of players/ would like the Xiom Omegs 7 Pro on a stiff /and hard/ blade, but I don't.
My feeling is that the Pro lines in all Xiom families have very strong catapult and at least for me it doesn't suit with such blades.
But maybe its just for me, others may feel different.

@TheKhan123

You have in your BH list the Xion Omega 7 Tour.
Its a very FH rubber and I would not recommend it as a BH rubber, unless you have some very particular reasons.
You may try O7Tour on the FH with O7Asia on the BH. O7A is better as a FH, but if you find O7Tour good for your FH, the Asia will suit the BH. Or you may just use same rubbers both sides. If you use hard tacky chinese rubbers on your FH, there is a good reason to use non-tacky tensors or tenergy on your BH. But if you are decided to use tensors or tenergy both sides, you have to think what is the reason to choose different rubbers for FH/BH. Don't do it just because you see that some or many others do it.
For example I play with same rubbers both sides and I don't feel the need to change it. Others do, but for a reason. My advice is first to find the rubber for your better and more import wing /if you have H8 in your FH list it should be the FH/, and to look for a BH rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Play unboosted first. If you feel your skills have plateaued and could use a little extra speed, get a faster blade. Then consider boosting.

Reactions: RidTheKid
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Man, we get 5 threads like this a week over analyzing a gazillion criteria. There are many great amateur players and coaches in Iran, one of locally can educate the OP better in person than the OP can get from an internet forum.

Now if the type likes to agonize publicly all long and drawn out for weeks on end, then forums are the right place.

Get option A, or b, or C, or D, or E, or F.

Too confusing? Can't make up mind? Want some of all of them?

The buy them all like Pokémon. Become an EJ and never find what you are looking for.

Very likely you gunna get something unsuitable, so why worry about it so much? Just buy something ridiculously expensive and brag about it to whoever you play with and make then burn with envy.

If you really don't know jack about equipment, take a trip to a TT club and offer free chicken and drink to whoever knows, it is less expensive than paying cash and you would get 10x better help.

Don't know how to boost or is it too much a hassle? Drop off 20 rubbers with someone who knows and pay them chicken dinner and sit down with them and eat. Do that twice for that many rubbers. They will work for you better than cash.

Reactions: lasta
This user has no status.
Instead of zx2, get the ice cream azxi if you are going for xiom.

Well,that seems to be a good idea. But,at the same time, this feeling that I have to make too much adjustment to a hybrid blade kinda bothers me.
Does it really need too much adjustment ? If not, how should I pick the rubbers for it? If yes, isn't that better to go with Feel?

This user has no status.
It still depends upon your adjustment actually. Why did you choose the zx2? The zx2 i think is faster than azxi

Remember the Persian website I mentioned earlier?
It gave these scores to the two blades:
Feel zx2:
Speed 9.4
Control 9.3
Ice cream azx I:
Speed 9.5
Control 9.1
It's not a perfect review because it didn't score the ice cream based on the fact that it's a hybrid blade. But, I believe both sides of ice cream might end up being faster
Obviously, I haven't tried either of them. But, that person is a coach as far as I know
You can go to www.ttshop.IR and read the scores in English . Definitely worth of trying