Equipment help/advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Hi guys, this is my first post so sorry if i missed or did something wrong.

Need an advice to choose correct blade and rubbers. I read a lot of threads regarding to blades and rubbers and that confused me more than before. I play tennis about 2 years, 5-6 hours per week in clubs/workstation with people similar to my level. Never been trained or participated in any tournaments. As for me I'm an intermediate amateur who still need to improve his skills. I usually played with some premade 10-15$ paddles, until I bought Stiga Evolution, which has broken my game... I'm not good in tennis terminology but the feelings were very bad and the paddle was very slow. Than I bought again premade Stiga Carbon pro, which was a bit better but still not what I wanted maybe it was bouncy or had too much vibration. I also tried paddle of cooworker: Butterfly M.Maze with Sriver FX and Tenergy 05. The weight and feeling was good but as rubbers were old(2-3 years) I was still not ok but blade seemed nice. So what I want is probably something between Stiga Carbon and Butterfly m.maze. and never ever something close to Stiga evolution. I'm playing mid to close range. Probably All+ or Off-.
I found lot of recommendations about Yasaka Sweden Extra with Mark V but afraid to be mistaken again. Could it be right choice? Or try something else? Initial budget is 100$ (blade and rubbers) but if I could be sure that my new paddle will be perfect for feeling and learning then there is no budget limit =)

Thanks in advance! And sorry for my english(not native)

Last edited:
says Thanks for the suggestion Splasher! I was going to try...
says Thanks for the suggestion Splasher! I was going to try...
Apr 2019
I have the Yasaka Sweden extra with mark V hps. It’s good but nothing amazing at least in my hands. I also have a Stiga allround with cheap Chinese rubber (729 fx super) and I like it much more, probably it’s the Chinese rubber that I like more, and it was a third of the price of the markV hps.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Thanks a lot for replays.
Is there any trusted online shop where I can order both blade and rubber and receive already glued racket?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
XIOM Vega Pro both sides 2.0mm
I also like this combo, much better than Mark V. I think it can work pretty well, especially if you get a little coaching or are serious about improving your technique. Maybe choose a blade for it that is not too fast, some good options has been mentioned in this thread already like Sanwei Fextra etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
+1 for Vega Pro both sides. But I recommend and off/off- blade instead of allround. Many people recommend allround blades for beginners, but rarely does anyone stick with it for long. Off- blades doesn't take too much longer to get used to and should stick with you much longer.

Xiom Offensive S
Andro Temper tech Off-

Are two I've tried and find no major weaknesses with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
I decided to go on with Korbel. I read about every your recommended blade but probably buterflies marketing is good enough that's why I saw it almost in every forum)) and of course few days ago I tried primorac carbon off+ and that was kind of fast for me so korbel will be good for me.

And about rubber, dosen't XIOM Vega Pro good for advanced players who has good control and speed? Maybe XIOM Europe? Mostly I would like to generate speed with blade and wist/hand and not with rubber. But little dwell and spin are also important). Something thin and medium to hard rubber?

Then try Xiom Vega Asia DF. Its a little bit softer than Vega Pro, but harder than Vega Euro. Asia DF has less catapult effect and is better than Pro if you want to develop a full swing stroke. And it has better spin.
2.00 mm is good. I would not recommend thinner than that. Too much bottoming and too much wood will not give you propper experience. They have to be ballanced.

Vega pro is ok at 2.0mm. Europe version is also good but softer.

QUOTE=sergeyh;279818]I decided to go on with Korbel. I read about every your recommended blade but probably buterflies marketing is good enough that's why I saw it almost in every forum)) and of course few days ago I tried primorac carbon off+ and that was kind of fast for me so korbel will be good for me.

And about rubber, dosen't XIOM Vega Pro good for advanced players who has good control and speed? Maybe XIOM Europe? Mostly I would like to generate speed with blade and wist/hand and not with rubber. But little dwell and spin are also important). Something thin and medium to hard rubber?[/QUOTE]

Reactions: whocarez
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Any suggestions please - about ST/FL handles? I play better BH than FH if it's matter)) I heard Korbel ST has small and thin handle even for medium hands?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
You should try before you buy. Borrow a friends ST/FL or visit a TT store and get a feel. The handle feel is important I think.

Any suggestions please - about ST/FL handles? I play better BH than FH if it's matter)) I heard Korbel ST has small and thin handle even for medium hands?