Amount of spin revolutions per minute in pro shots vs club players

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I got a new robot that I can set the level of spin in revs per minute in topspin and backspin etc.
I was wondering what amount of revs per minute a typical club player produces vs a pro player in both topspin and backspin?
The robot can set up to 17150 rpm which I expect is much higher than any pro player.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018

This video is taken with 500 Frames Per Second and we see it as slow motion, but for me its very hard to judge the slomo percentage and count the rotations.

Anyway I think that the 285 rps the robot is able to produce are about 2 times more than a pro player can achieve in reality.
Lets say that the extreme spin is something around 150 rps, though I believe that its hardly achieved even in top tournaments.
At club level 100 rps should be considered as Master Class.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I purchased the Tenirobo robot. I had a lesson with a ex pro coach and I set up a max spin side spin serve with the robot and he tried to return it. It kicked violently off the side of the table. His first 10 attempts were out but he started to get a handle on it after this. I could start to return it with a side swipe going with the spin type of stroke.

Last edited:
Reactions: TenniRobo and Simas