Big problem with Tibhar MX-P how to use it ?

This user has no status.
Hello , I have many problems , I just changed my FH rubber from Rakza7(max) to Tibhar MX-P(2.0) . My blade is DHS 301 Innercarbon not too fast easy control. I always use sticky - semi sticky rubber on FH lsuch as DHS H3neo(tuned) , Rakza 7 (use it more than 2 years)

Please guide me how to use it , Please see my problem

1. I can't slow loop against heavy back spin . When I use Rakza7 ball sink into to rubber very easy control drop point butt with MX-P ball usually out and throw angle very low.
2. Short play (touch) hard control the ball , sometimes long ball your opponent easy to attack.
3. When hit the ball very hard , ball usually direct to the net, I meant that throw angle.

Could you please guide me how to use it , I will try , Thanks all comment ;):D

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
It is not as easy to make the same quality heavy spin slow openers with MX-P compared to other rubbers, but it still can be done. It is a matter of adjusting the touch.

I cannot say "move this finger this way" to get you to get the magic touch, but I CAN say that you can get on the path to discovery if you SLOW DOWN your power and stay loose.

I call it "Loose 50" where you are using 50% of your power while staying completely loose. Your shot will not dominate, but it will land more often.. then with time, you get unconsciously accustomed to the impact required and are ready to increase the power at impact.

Sure this way takes time, but there are very few rubber you can suddenly change and expect everything to be the same.

My recommendation is not the only way to go, you could of course pay hundreds of dollars to a top coach to give you multiball and feed you like a robot and cuss at you for failing LOUDLY and long, which should motivate you to get there, right?

Reactions: shat1478
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
The change from Rakza shouldn´t be so dramatic.

Try re-glueing the rubber first, sometimes a bad glue job causes all sorts of oddities.

Yes, I would try to re-glue first. I do find that Rakza 7 does offer more dwell than many comparable rubbers. For slow spinny loops it for sure "lifts" the ball more than say M-2 and G1. It is also easier to do slow spinny loops. I am not sure if it generates more spin than say Fastarc G1, but it does seem lift the ball more (at least is easier to lift with) and allow for a slower, slow and spinny loop.

Try the re-glue and if that does not help work on your strokes. Maybe just slight adjustments to timing and bat speed/angles will get you where you want to go. I have tried MXP on a friends paddle, and I don't think it should be giving you this much trouble.

A question for you, why are you changing from Rakza 7?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Yes, I would try to re-glue first. I do find that Rakza 7 does offer more dwell than many comparable rubbers. For slow spinny loops it for sure "lifts" the ball more than say M-2 and G1. It is also easier to do slow spinny loops. I am not sure if it generates more spin than say Fastarc G1, but it does seem lift the ball more (at least is easier to lift with) and allow for a slower, slow and spinny loop.

Try the re-glue and if that does not help work on your strokes. Maybe just slight adjustments to timing and bat speed will get you where you want to go. I have tried MXP on a friends paddle, and I don't think it should be giving you this much trouble.

A question for you, why are you changing from Rakza 7?

Thanks for your reply I will re-glue.

I changing to MX-P because I stay with Rakza7 more than 2 years and before Rakza 7 was DHS H3neo(tuned).
I read many reviews about MX-P so , it too interest new generation rubber design for 40+ plastic ball .

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
MX-P has been out a long time, like maybe 6 years. Still, it is a decent option for the new ball.

On the other side of the coin, I find many older rubbers to be perfectly serviceable with the new ball. I mean no one is on a campaign to IMPEACH T05, right?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yep. MXP should not be too hard to adjust to.

Also, MXP was not designed for the 40+ ball. It was out before the 40+ was in the works. But MXP does work well with the 40+ ball.

If it is not the glue job, do a few hours of training and drills. If you leave off matches and just do some training drills for a few hours, you will feel the touch of how to use the rubber.

Reactions: shat1478