speed glue vs. booster

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I have used boosters: FTL, Kailin. Dandoy Bio. Never used any speed glue. I am asking for a friend (and my own curiosity) the differences between the two , aside from the length and quality of the effect, in terms of if SG will permanently alter the playing characteristics of latest rubbers (that mostly come boosted) like some boosters - what happens to the rubber's playing characteristics if you do not reglue Does SG make the rubber curl like boosters and do you wait till the rubber somewhat flatten before sticking it to the blade. what are the adhesive properties of the SG compared to Elmers? Thanks.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Speed glue has less longevity in terms of effect but has a more profound effect than boosters. There is even a huge difference between a speed glued h3 and the one with booster only.
thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
the way top pros are boosting it clearly makes the rubber as fast as old speed glue.

problem is in the past you would put speed glue and you were doing the same thing pros were doing.

these days you put 3 layers of falco or seamoon because you saw it in a youtube video from chinawongpongtt.....but there's no proof that this is what the top pros are doing.
most likely it's not.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
the way top pros are boosting it clearly makes the rubber as fast as old speed glue.

problem is in the past you would put speed glue and you were doing the same thing pros were doing.

these days you put 3 layers of falco or seamoon because you saw it in a youtube video from chinawongpongtt.....but there's no proof that this is what the top pros are doing.
most likely it's not.

Boosting doesn't even come close to speed glue, nowhere near.

I'm in China these days, more people speed glue than not. Speedglued Mark 5 is still faster than Tenergy.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I wasn't playing during the speedglue era but health risks and all that messing with your rubbers for only 3-5 hours performance? Just not worth it IMO.

You can play at an intermediate level just fine without tuning at all. But if you're looking for an edge, then boosting will do. Safer & less hassle in having to do it so much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019

I'm in China these days, more people speed glue than not. Speedglued Mark 5 is still faster than Tenergy.

you can never know, unless you are part of the CNT and you know exactly how they are boosting.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
It is considerable that health issues are so bad
let's not risk our lifes for a game :)

if it was so bad all the pro players would be dead by now.
in the ittf tournaments they even had a room called "gluing room" or something like that where they would all go for gluing.
sometimes the players would stay in this room for a long time talking, etc.

for me it's all just a lie.

Reactions: Sticky
This user has no status.
Speed glue has less longevity in terms of effect but has a more profound effect than boosters. There is even a huge difference between a speed glued h3 and the one with booster only.

The effect is indeed profound in the way that feel remains consistent, but all aspects of speed/spin/control are increased. And the rubber does not gain as much weight like with booster use. Speed glue is a great way to prime new h3 so that it does not require as much break in time.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Speed glued Mark V is a monster while boosted Mark V is not even close.

About 7-8 years ago I compared Tenergy to a speed glued Joola Mambo which is the same class of rubber as Mark V and Sriver. Without question, the Mambo with speed glue felt notably better than Tenergy.

The VOC fumes from the speed glue were not good for you. But they were not as bad as the ITTF made it out.

Artists use rubber cement which has the same VOCs as speed glue and are totally fine. People used to use use Tip Top tire glue as speed glue. That stuff really got the rubbers to expand. The people who do tire repairs are fine. It does say to use the stuff in a well ventilated area.

And if your put the glue in a bag and put the bag over your nose and mouth and inhale for a few minutes the fumes from the glue would get you high and if you do it enough, it would kill a lot of brain cells. But you really have to be doing something stupid to have it be as dangerous as the ITTF was presenting it to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: RidTheKid and lasta
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
We used to experiment and mixed hosts of other chemicals with speed glues. Toluene worked and stank like hell. That stuff really killed your brain cell if you inhaled it. Mix of Ecolo Effect (Juic) and toluene was really popular amongst university and high school players. In fact, if you soak sponges with toluene then use normal glue, it'll give very similar effect to speed glue.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Back in the speed glue legal era, used it, more spin, more speed, more control, more hastle, than the present boosting.

I remember back in speed glue era, before the competition you could smell your way in TT club :)

Really? didn't know speed glue is still that popular. Maybe in China, but not in EU I suppose.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Are you talking about the Guoyuehua glue or something else?