A disgraceful act.

says Hi I'm new here I would love to be kept up to date about...
Nov 2014
Read 4 reviews
Disgraceful. He deserves all the blames from the tt fans from all over the world. The title of the video says the purpose of such an act was to higher the value of the W968 with a portrait of Jang Woojin at the bottom of the handle but he could have just archived them instead. The way I see it is he rather succeeded in making everyone upset. A common sense: Blades that have been snapped off like that hold a hec lot lower value. Yes, it's a fact. The value of those blades would stay high if you kept them to yourself and decided to never show them in any public platforms. Duh.

Video link below

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
you get stupid people out there.

monetary value is nothing if human can't be human.

To me, this is like wasting food or resources.
there is so many kids out there (in Africa campaign) that don't have a blade.
If you don't want it, don't fully destroy it, someone else can use it and treasure it.

The guys must google philanthropist

cache.php

Counterfeit goods destruction in China.

You can find tons of pictures and articles about destruction of fakes.
I don't think that its a good idea to use Fakes for Charity.
Using Fakes for Charity would stimulate Fakes production and even corruption.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Counterfeit goods destruction in China.

You can find tons of pictures and articles about destruction of fakes.
I don't think that its a good idea to use Fakes for Charity.
Using Fakes for Charity would stimulate Fakes production and even corruption.

Agree
your photo shows law enforcement doing such action.
Do we have any evidence that the video is of fake blades, or is that speculation?

I once have a kid who threw a tandem and threw his bat on the floor.
I took his bat (that luckily wasn't broken) and said since you don't want it any more, i'm given it away to some poor kids that can't afford one.
the kid respect his bat a lot since then.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Capitalism is funded infueling scarcity by limiting supply and fanning (often baseless) demand. Planned obsolescence is part of that, wanton destruction another.

And this is how we keep food from the starving while also letting kilotons go to waste.

I would say Human is the cause of such action and result.

Do you know that a melon in Japan can go as much as USD5000 per melon?
If those guys who stop buying stupid pricing melon, the price will become cheaper.

Just like if people stop buying Tenengy, the price will drop
But the moment more and more people support high profit products, the cycle won't stop
You can't blame the seller all the time, a lot of the time is the consumer who is brainwashed.

I don't know how different a 5000 USD melon is in Japan compared to my 1-2USD melon here in South Africa.
I still continuing living the same after consuming the cheaper one

This user has no status.
I would say Human is the cause of such action and result.

Do you know that a melon in Japan can go as much as USD5000 per melon?
If those guys who stop buying stupid pricing melon, the price will become cheaper.

Just like if people stop buying Tenengy, the price will drop
But the moment more and more people support high profit products, the cycle won't stop
You can't blame the seller all the time, a lot of the time is the consumer who is brainwashed.

I don't know how different a 5000 USD melon is in Japan compared to my 1-2USD melon here in South Africa.
I still continuing living the same after consuming the cheaper one

I agree with stoping tenergy purchasing, but there's a few problems:
1: it's a safe option. Other manufacturers can't make you sure that they have such a good quality
2:the pricing convinces you that there has to be a reason for such a high price, or else, what's the difference between this one and something like Donic Bluestorm?
3:this strong marketing and the fact that the majority of pros use tenergy, and the fact that people wanna be a copy of their tt idols, makes them go with the same equipment as them.
4: for a regular one like me, I don't get to understand the life of a super rich. and for a super rich, they can't understand my life to see why I don't afford tenergy. So, they use it full of pleasure and don't give a damn about me.
Idk how true my reasons are, but from my POV, these are the bigest reasons.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I agree with stoping tenergy purchasing, but there's a few problems:
1: it's a safe option. Other manufacturers can't make you sure that they have such a good quality
2:the pricing convinces you that there has to be a reason for such a high price, or else, what's the difference between this one and something like Donic Bluestorm?
3:this strong marketing and the fact that the majority of pros use tenergy, and the fact that people wanna be a copy of their tt idols, makes them go with the same equipment as them.
4: for a regular one like me, I don't get to understand the life of a super rich. and for a super rich, they can't understand my life to see why I don't afford tenergy. So, they use it full of pleasure and don't give a damn about me.
Idk how true my reasons are, but from my POV, these are the bigest reasons.

I agree with your POV
I see the same issue in South Africa
South Africa's playing level is not that high. Yet alone in some rural areas, the level is lower.

I have been involved heavily with development, as well as provided a lot of free bats to assist with development.
A lot of coaches is grateful for my assistance and also support my shop.

My shop is a funny one, most of my pricing is the "cheapest in the world", that is because I am focusing equally on development than purely on profit.

So now there is budget coming, and a lot of players want butterfly.
I can sell a lot of ESN products at half the price of a butterfly, but the players is asking for tenergy.
The coaches tell them that they level is not good yet to get ZLC blades with T05 on both sides.

I saw them training once, and I told the coaches, I would give them allround blades with entry level esn (the classics Allround + Mark V type of setup).

so there is some branding advantage in butterfly - there is no doubt.
But the one thats knows this would say, buying the most expensive isn't the best for you.
Especially if a) these kids are all beginners, a expensive setup would do more harm than good and b) they need to understand how to spend money:
I advised them I can provide a setup that is 1/2 to 1/3 of the price of what they want, for the balance, invest in training balls.

Personally as an equipment expert and a coach, most of the people I see are using setups way too advance for they skills.
But they are happy and not that serious in results, so it doesn't matter for them, it doean't matter to me

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKhan123
Nov 2014
Read 4 reviews
I don't get what's going on here, can someone explain ?

Basically this guy from the company Tak9.com destroyed the W968 Jang Woojin version blades to make the blade more valuable and rare. It's upsetting to see anyone doing that to tt equipment. It's a total disgrace. He could have decided not to show it to the public on any platforms instead of making everyone upset by snapping off the blades in a vid. What he does not realise is, any table tennis stuff are invaluable and precious to all the tt fans. no matter the reputation or price of the blades, any tt stuff we own have our passion and love stored in them. He does not have to destroy things to make them higher in value when they are already highly regarded and appreciated.

This user has no status.
Basically this guy from the company Tak9.com destroyed the W968 Jang Woojin version blades to make the blade more valuable and rare. It's upsetting to see anyone doing that to tt equipment. It's a total disgrace. He could have decided not to show it to the public on any platforms instead of making everyone upset by snapping off the blades in a vid. What he does not realise is, any table tennis stuff are invaluable and precious to all the tt fans. no matter the reputation or price of the blades, any tt stuff we own have our passion and love stored in them. He does not have to destroy things to make them higher in value when they are already highly regarded and appreciated.

Why sould there be Jang Woojin version on it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

people with money or for money will do stupid things

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I expected the fabled W968 to be stronger :D

Nov 2014
Read 4 reviews
Why sould there be Jang Woojin version on it?

Jang Woojin has his portrait on his own one instead of the photo of ma long. The company bought legit ones from the DHS itself. They were the ones that put the blades on sale for a very limited quantity and now they are saying they want to make the blade more valuable and rare by snapping off those w968s. If they wanted to make them high in value that much, why make them available for purchase for even a limited quantity at the first place? LOL. duh.