A disgraceful act.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Basically this guy from the company Tak9.com destroyed the W968 Jang Woojin version blades to make the blade more valuable and rare. It's upsetting to see anyone doing that to tt equipment. It's a total disgrace. He could have decided not to show it to the public on any platforms instead of making everyone upset by snapping off the blades in a vid. What he does not realise is, any table tennis stuff are invaluable and precious to all the tt fans. no matter the reputation or price of the blades, any tt stuff we own have our passion and love stored in them. He does not have to destroy things to make them higher in value when they are already highly regarded and appreciated.

For me it is not upsetting at all.
It's just a piece of wood.
I can get a bit sentimental over my blade but why would anybody be upset over watching someone breaking his own blades? That guy bought them, he can do whatever he likes.
It's not food that he could donate it to poor people. That would be disturbing.
If he put those pieces of wood in recycle bin after destroying them I'm fine with it.

Btw what's wrong with artificially raising value of some rare collector items?
If someone wants to spend big money let them. As long if money is from legal sources why not? I find it silly but it's not immoral.

Also why do people complain about Tenergy price as if that is some primary human need and corrupted companies don't let poor tt basement players to play super spins?
Don't like the price of T05? Play with something else instead, hundreds of cheaper choices available.

Do you see me complaining about price of Ferrrari? No, I drive Citroen.

Reactions: Simas
Capitalism is funded infueling scarcity by limiting supply and fanning (often baseless) demand. Planned obsolescence is part of that, wanton destruction another.

And this is how we keep food from the starving while also letting kilotons go to waste.

Keeping the food from the starving, or giving the food to starving is a decission of the society.
In my society ithis problem has been discussed and a solution was found. The main problem was that even a company wants to give some extra-marketable quantity of food for charity, it had to pay the VAT anyway, which here is 20%, so instead of loosing that money the compine prefered to destroy it as unuseble in which case no VAT is due. So changes to the law were made and now no VAT is due for charity food, provided the process is executed through a legal charity organization.
So, as you see, your problem is not entirely global and it can be salved easily if the society wants to.

But the problems with the fake products is absolutely different.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
What about morals? Those blades are very expensive. Why not do something good with that money instead of destroying perfectly good blades? They could donate them to clubs or whatever.

You don't seem disturbed by people lying or destroying value, how come?

When did we talk about the price of a Ferrari?

For me it is not upsetting at all.
It's just a piece of wood.
I can get a bit sentimental over my blade but why would anybody be upset over watching someone breaking his own blades? That guy bought them, he can do whatever he likes.
It's not food that he could donate it to poor people. That would be disturbing.
If he put those pieces of wood in recycle bin after destroying them I'm fine with it.

Btw what's wrong with artificially raising value of some rare collector items?
If someone wants to spend big money let them. As long if money is from legal sources why not? I find it silly but it's not immoral.

Also why do people complain about Tenergy price as if that is some primary human need and corrupted companies don't let poor tt basement players to play super spins?
Don't like the price of T05? Play with something else instead, hundreds of cheaper choices available.

Do you see me complaining about price of Ferrrari? No, I drive Citroen.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
What about morals? Those blades are very expensive. Why not do something good with that money instead of destroying perfectly good blades? They could donate them to clubs or whatever.

You don't seem disturbed by people lying or destroying value, how come?

When did we talk about the price of a Ferrari?

Well, the point would be that this is creating value. Much like the owner of the last three Stradivarius violins might choose to destroy two to make the last remaining one nearly infinitely valued - “priceless”.

The essence or the matter being there’s worth and there’s value. The value of food is to feed, but scarcity determines value. A loaf of bread will feed, but the value of one loaf of bred in Leningrad, 1943, is quite different than that of one of many hundreds at the baker’s in downtown Chicago.

And yes, immoral. But the amoral will not admit so, and neither will those that have embraced this mechanism as if it were a law if physics rather than a societal , man-made choice.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I would argue that fewer can play TT by them destroying the blades which makes the world a worse place.

Well, the point would be that this is creating value. Much like the owner of the last three Stradivarius violins might choose to destroy two to make the last remaining one nearly infinitely valued - “priceless”.

The essence or the matter being there’s worth and there’s value. The value of food is to feed, but scarcity determines value. A loaf of bread will feed, but the value of one loaf of bred in Leningrad, 1943, is quite different than that of one of many hundreds at the baker’s in downtown Chicago.

And yes, immoral. But the amoral will not admit so, and neither will those that have embraced this mechanism as if it were a law if physics rather than a societal , man-made choice.

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I would argue that fewer can play TT by them destroying the blades which makes the world a worse place.

I agree, and more generally disapprove of destroying goods and letting things go to waste intentionally. If only because there’s only one world, which we’re depleting at an insane pace already.

This user has no status.
Bringing politics into this is quite funny for me as this is no different to a kid breaking a toy on purpose, this isn't food for the starving this is a high end table tennis bat. A toy for adults with too much money if you will.
Some parallels here are almost funny? Food for the starving?????

thats like saying if you'd wee into a toilet of water then you would wee into the only well in a village, its just a mad extrapolation?
this guy is having fun thinking he will make more value. If he was aware that breaking these blades are the cause of starving children and the failures of capitalism i'm sure he wouldn't do it....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Bringing politics into this is quite funny for me as this is no different to a kid breaking a toy on purpose, this isn't food for the starving this is a high end table tennis bat. A toy for adults with too much money if you will.

thats like saying if you'd wee into a toilet of water then you would wee into the only well in a village, its just a mad extrapolation?
this guy is having fun thinking he will make more value. If he was aware that breaking these blades are the cause of starving children and the failures of capitalism i'm sure he wouldn't do it....

wastefulness is the issue
if it is food, or burning cash notes, or breaking items, or wasting water, because one have money, its just being a bad human.
Already the planet do not have enough resources for every one.
Many societies are encouraging greener, recycle, reuse habits.
If you don't need it, don't break it - donate it type of habits
I'm not sure what the UK is like, but many 1st world countries are pushing such cultures.

Of course guys who is selfish, will not really care about starving childrens. They only care about themselves and self enrichment.

I actually wonder if I can start a TTD campaign where forum members can donate used/unwanted equipment to me, and I can distributed to kids that needs them.
I already gave away 300+ bats the past 3 months. I wish I have 3000+ bats
The move I give away, the more I see the little I provide is way too little....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
wastefulness is the issue
if it is food, or burning cash notes, or breaking items, or wasting water, because one have money, its just being a bad human.
Already the planet do not have enough resources for every one.
Many societies are encouraging greener, recycle, reuse habits.
If you don't need it, don't break it - donate it type of habits
I'm not sure what the UK is like, but many 1st world countries are pushing such cultures.

Of course guys who is selfish, will not really care about starving childrens. They only care about themselves and self enrichment.

I actually wonder if I can start a TTD campaign where forum members can donate used/unwanted equipment to me, and I can distributed to kids that needs them.
I already gave away 300+ bats the past 3 months. I wish I have 3000+ bats
The move I give away, the more I see the little I provide is way too little....

I cannot agree anymore than now
This makes a very good feeling when you help someone. Despite the feeling that you get no benefit out of it personally, knowing the fact that your help might make a dream come true feels damn good.
I decided the day I get rich, I keep something like 60 percent of my money-the rest is too much, and no one knows when I get rich -this makes me feel way better when I do good things and I hope this turn into a culture world wide :)

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis

He may not be directly causing the starving of children, but he is buying into and perpetuating the principle that causes it.

Whether or not he will actually increase the value of remaining blades enough to recoup his losses (I am highly sceptical), the point is that he is wasting material resources and human labour required to make those bats.

Even if he did increase the prices of remaining blades enough to come out on top, he's only profitting off the failure of our economic system to correctly model scarcity, rather than being, by any definition of the word productive.

This fetishization of the market, is exactly what i find so offensive. The "market" is the mechanism, or our understanding of the mechanism to model and manage scarecity. When you do something that clearly creates more overall scarecity, eg by destroying something, and "the market" rewards you for it. It is clearly a failure of the market, and you are profitting off this failure. It's not some neat trick you've found that makes everything more efficient, it's just being a parasite on our imperfect economic system.

Table tennis bats may not be something people need to live, but it is something that requires material and human labour to produce. To destroy them in an attempt to profit (if that's what he's doing, because that reasoning is... flawed) is exactly the same principle as throwing away vast quantities of food, where it is clearly required elsewhere.

This user has no status.
We are just making sweeping judgement that make no sense. If a man will punch somone in a boxing match it doesn't mean he will assault somone just because he enjoys boxing. Outside of this exact act we do not know this man outselves when we made these judgements.
He may be the most eco conscious humanitarian man on the planet. Maybe he personally planted more trees than will ever be used by him in table tennis breaking to offset this. Maybe he has relocated hundreds of refugees across the world.
all i see is a man breaking a toy in his own fun way. Please don't tell me you are mad about this while driving a car which is much less renewable than wood.

I don't ness disagree with your point and if you can make the world of today a better tommorow then go ahead I will appriciate it as I live in this world. But if snapping some plywood is enough for you to be the enemies of humanity I hope the future is not that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
so your logic equates to a doctor who saves people for a living is okay to murder...

If some one is wasteful and is happy for the world to see (he posted the video himself, i'm sure it wasn't a spy cam), then such act is asking for criticism

This user has no status.
so your logic equates to a doctor who saves people for a living is okay to murder...

If some one is wasteful and is happy for the world to see (he posted the video himself, i'm sure it wasn't a spy cam), then such act is asking for criticism
No thats the whole point. Morals change depending on impact.
wasteful with small resources doesnt = wasteful with big resources.

Eg:
I will search for vouchers on big purchases where 5-10% is a large amount of money but I paid £1 into a £0.80 car meter yesterday for work parking. Because I wasted 20p doesnt mean I will waste £200

or like how a doctor saving lives doesn't automatically mean he doesn't enjoy hunting and killing animals.
morals are not always fixed.
My entire point was there is nothing more than a man breaking his own toys and that's it at face value. And now we have people decrying that actions like that are why humanity will fail, when in the scheme of things as I said, wood is renewable and this is a very minor thing. the recent complaints here bear almost no resembelence other than morally to the original act:
"is exactly the same principle as throwing away vast quantities of food, where it is clearly required elsewhere." this was my point. These types of sweeping statements are the thing that make no sence unless you don't beleive in moral relitivism which really is a type of discussion for the off topic section?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Keep speculating, I'll stick to what we know. Sticking to facts, the guy doesn't seem to be planting any trees, is he?

We are just making sweeping judgement that make no sense. If a man will punch somone in a boxing match it doesn't mean he will assault somone just because he enjoys boxing. Outside of this exact act we do not know this man outselves when we made these judgements.
He may be the most eco conscious humanitarian man on the planet. Maybe he personally planted more trees than will ever be used by him in table tennis breaking to offset this. Maybe he has relocated hundreds of refugees across the world.
all i see is a man breaking a toy in his own fun way. Please don't tell me you are mad about this while driving a car which is much less renewable than wood.

I don't ness disagree with your point and if you can make the world of today a better tommorow then go ahead I will appriciate it as I live in this world. But if snapping some plywood is enough for you to be the enemies of humanity I hope the future is not that.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Here in Sweden lots of food from food chains which are still good gets thrown in a container and locked with a key until it's transported away and destroyed. Why not share that food with people who need it? The world is wasteful, don't you agree?

No thats the whole point. Morals change depending on impact.
wasteful with small resources doesnt = wasteful with big resources.

Eg:
I will search for vouchers on big purchases where 5-10% is a large amount of money but I paid £1 into a £0.80 car meter yesterday for work parking. Because I wasted 20p doesnt mean I will waste £200

or like how a doctor saving lives doesn't automatically mean he doesn't enjoy hunting and killing animals.
morals are not always fixed.
My entire point was there is nothing more than a man breaking his own toys and that's it at face value. And now we have people decrying that actions like that are why humanity will fail, when in the scheme of things as I said, wood is renewable and this is a very minor thing. the recent complaints here bear almost no resembelence other than morally to the original act:
"is exactly the same principle as throwing away vast quantities of food, where it is clearly required elsewhere." this was my point. These types of sweeping statements are the thing that make no sence unless you don't beleive in moral relitivism which really is a type of discussion for the off topic section?

You miss the point. While breaking some table tennis bats is certainly wasteful in itself, and nothing to be lauded. It, to me is no big deal. People do plenty of things that are unproductive, it's a part of life. Honestly, if breaking things brings you joy, then we live in a world where we can afford for you to break some things.

It's the profit motive behind it (specifically the mechanic of how he expects profit to be generated) that offends me.
The video's own title suggest that he is doing this specifically to increase the prices of remaining bats.

That is to say, he is intentionally trying to create a failure of the market's ability to model scarcity, in order to obtain profit.

That is the same principle as fixing prices of food or medication beyond the means of people, in order to profiteer.

As I said originally, it's not the act that offends me, but the principle.

This user has no status.
I guess you just are just more morally motivated than me?

I don't really believe this is going to have a real world impact so I don't care about the morals behind it.

Morals are important but again I guess I just have been lucky enough to not need to worry about morals all that much because most people I know are genuinely doing their best when it comes to humanitarian issues even if they are sometimes wasteful people I am around generally try to do the right thing most of the time so maybe thats why I feel that it's probably a bad taste act but doesn't mean he uses these reasonings on all issues.