Giving away ideas

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Good day all.

Following a thread about "disgraceful act" (destroying equipment), I was thinking if TTD or it members can drive a collection of used/unwanted/old equipment giveaways AKA a Graceful act :)
The donations collected can circulate towards certain nominated beneficiaries across the globe.

I would understand logistics is normally a major concern. Sometimes the costs could be more than the value of the goods.
But some ideas arises, is if you are at a club with many members, it might be easier to collect and distribute to a central point
I would assume majority of users here are from Europe, so maybe a hub in Europe.
For the ones in Asia, a hub in Asia etc?

I have engaged some pros, but they already have a distribution/donation pathway already for they used rubbers.
I would assume a lot of club members would do the same. But for the ones who would be throwing it in the bin - would you want to donate towards a graceful act?

Is there any ideas, suggestion, advice on how this can work?

Reactions: RidTheKid
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
We might distribute the effort to combat logistics.

I’ve already been collecting equipment to make stuff that would otherwise get thrown out or collect dust in a storage box available to the inprivileged, for whom any expense is a significsnt barrier. That’s an isolated, and hence limited and small-scale thing. What would it take to grow it out?

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis