BH for Timo Boll ALC

Hi all, sorry to bother you all again i know i have had a thread similar to this im just in 2 minds on a more Controlled BH rubber than T05fx for blocking, Looping etc. Im buying a new one in coming weeks so whatever you lot suggest i may try.

Thanks in advanced and sorry for the thread again :)

This user has no status.
I'd never buy tenergy when it's that expensive. Cheaper options exist that do as well as tenergy. Maybe it wasn't the case 5 or 6 years ago, but now, too many products exist which can rival tenergy and easily outperform tenergy with more lifetime. I suggest you to try donic products and see what ends up happening.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I wouldn’t know rubbers that rival/outperform tenergy ánd are more durable at a lower pricepoint.

Vega Pro comes close to, but does not eclipse, T05, and lasts well. In some aspects MX-P outperforms T05 — for a couple of hours. Rozena comes close, but not at the extreme ends of the scales of speed & spin, and is durable as long as you’re cautious/lucky. Something similar goes for the Fastarc family, the Nanoflexes, the Rasanters, Bluestorms etc.

The Gewo Nexxuses come to mind, but haven’t proved their durability. Yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Donic bluestorm is definitely a good choice. Even if it is less durable, it's at the same spin and speed of tenergy and you pay half price. As far as I know, bluestorm can play for 6 months, but even if less, you could change it once in every 3 or 4 months and get more utility out of it than you get out of tenergy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Thanks for the responses guys. Think i may go with Rakza 7 then. Can i ask why you would suggest a 2.0 thickness than a max (2.2) coming from a 05fx 2.1. Also would the Rakza 7 rubber be good on the Timo Boll Spirit as a backup cheers again

I play mostly close to the table, so the R7 in 2.0 worked better for me than the R7 Max. The R7 Max had a tendency to go long and it just did not seem to work for me on my Viscaria.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Maybe rakza x soft is both faster and spinnier than 7?
Also, if rakza 7 max is too fast for you, you might want to adjust instead of decreasing the thickness. Max thickness is always the best unless you wanna boost your rubber.

I tested Tenergy 05 max, Fastarc G1 max and R7 max and R7 2.0. For what ever reason I liked the R7 max the least out of all 4. Not only did the ball go long, but it was overall less consistent and I was less confident with it. Anyway, I switched out the R7 for Fastarc G1 on my backhand because I like the increase in speed.

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Max thickness is always the best unless you wanna boost your rubber.

Well, I certainly prefer playing one or two notches under max, and in my experience there's no single best solution for all playing styles and all personal preferences.

Yes, for Werner Schlager, Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Wang Liqin, Kong Linghui, Timo Boll, Vladimir Samsonov max thickness is probably optimal (but I'm not even sure of all of them). Maybe it's not for Matthias Falck, Mima Ito, Gionis Panagiotis, Ruwen Filus, Oh Sang Eun, Tomokazu Harimoto (at this point), and certainly not for Evgueni Chtchetinine.

And not for me. I'm a mix of both-wing looping and direct over-the-table play, and at some point in rallies (4th, 5th ball...) a more direct hit, through the sponge and engaging the full power of the blade, is likely. All that sponge just gets in the way of that power. Spinning's nice, but it's not everything. I play with Rozena (max) now, but I miss a bit of directness on my BH with it and will replace it with FAG1 at 1.8mm in a couple of weeks, for this reason.

Last edited: