Help - hard and tacky BH rubber

Hello folks,
my first post here, although I've been following this forum for quite some time.

I'd like to ask for your suggestions on a BH rubber that would suit my style, and can improve my game.

Currenly, I use Stiga Genesis II M, which is a hybrid rubber with a tacky topsheet and a pretty firm sponge. Not very bouncy and not too fast, which is becoming a problem.It suits my playing technique quite a lot. However, due to my wristy stroke close to table, it is strenuous to consistently send the ball to the other side with power, and even then, the speed could often be higher. Tried a booster, it makes the rubber bouncier, easier to flick and topspin, but that top speed is still lacking.Tried also Tibhar Evo MX-S, but I lose a lot of control on certain strokes.

Last edited:
Mantra M (and H) is very bouncy and spinny, but not sticky. But if your strokes are too wristy, perhaps invest in some coaching to bring your body into the stroke?

I use my body too, depending on game situation, and my forearm together with wrist, but mainly my wrist, and the wrist almost solely when close to the table with little time to react.

Bouncy rubbers don't suit me, as I miss the table too often.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I Do not like hybrid rubbers. Difficult to have hard and sticky rubber on backhand because they tend to be slow. Do not have the room to create power with the body in the backhand like you Do in forehand. I think you should try a regular tensor rubber.

This user has no status.
I Do not like hybrid rubbers. Difficult to have hard and sticky rubber on backhand because they tend to be slow. Do not have the room to create power with the body in the backhand like you Do in forehand. I think you should try a regular tensor rubber.

I don't think one can say SpinArt, Tenergy 05 Hard and Dignics are slow rubbers....

to OP: i don't know your level
but the 3 mentioned rubbers are very good BH rubbers to play close at the table [thats my style as well] and have the characteristic that you desire.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

This is the best info posted so far.

I tried about a dozen of different tensor rubbers, but none of them worked well on my BH. I would often send the ball over the table when attacking with close to table fast topspin, and also when going for a slow, spinny topspin. It is much easier for me to do generate slow top spin BH strokes using tacky rubber with a hard sponge, and attacks with power are also much more consistent for me using such rubber, since i am able to generate the necessary power to activate the sponge - it, however, means quite a strain to my wrist.

It is true these rubbers tend to be slow, hence I hope to find one that can give me higher top speed.

I don't think one can say SpinArt, Tenergy 05 Hard and Dignics are slow rubbers....

to OP: i don't know your level
but the 3 mentioned rubbers are very good BH rubbers to play close at the table [thats my style as well] and have the characteristic that you desire.

Never had a chance to try SpinArt or Dignics, 05 Hard was still somewhat bouncy when I didn't need it, but surely better than 05 FX I tried before, which was close to a disaster.

Have you considered Yasaka Rakza 7 or Nittaku Fastarc G-1 (firmer than R7)?

Hi, Rakza 7 is the bouncy kind that doesn't work for me. I heard good things about G-1 - not so bouncy, some tackiness. I've been thinking of trying it on my FH actually.. I will definitely give it a try!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
TTD member erm, who has had more blades than you or I have grown hairs on our bodies over the last year tossed me many a rubber to try and use.

Amazingly, many of the old school control rubbers can still work well on BH and really rip it when you let the shot go.

Nittaku Mosrristo is SO OLD and it was awesome on BH, spin... control, and I could let it fly on a power stroke.

Go a year with a control rubber and get a good stroke, then later, you can use almost anything on BH given it is similar type and sponge hardness in the range you like.

says Footwork footwork footwork
Hi, Rakza 7 is the bouncy kind that doesn't work for me. I heard good things about G-1 - not so bouncy, some tackiness. I've been thinking of trying it on my FH actually.. I will definitely give it a try!

Yeah, I’m finding G1 to be a better fit for me on the BH lately. The Rakza you can easily hit flat with but it’s very bouncy in comparison to G1. Both very spinny, where I think G1 has more spin potential.

Very spinny / safe banana flicks are possible. R7 is much more direct and you can flick with speed.

Good luck on your search!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
black colored DHS goldarc-8 50 deg sponge (with medium thickness) has served me extremely well as a hard and grippy backhand rubber. medium throw angle with great blocking capability, spin potential on flicks. its durable too. I have been playing with it for over 8 months now.
my blade is DHS hurricane-301, and the rubber suits it extremely well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I’m currently playing with G1 on both sides of a Primorac. Compared to Chinese rubbers and Genesis it’s not tacky at all. The spin comes from engaging the sponge. It’s very linear and can be super fast but in a non bouncy way. It needs good technique or you will just overshoot or hit the net. Definitely worth trying, but will need some dedication.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017

well Tenergy Hard and Dignics aren't tacky rubbers. What Tenergy Hard has -is a harder sponge (obviously :) ), but not a tacky topsheet and what Dignics has -is a bigger price :D. But Stiga Genesis does have a tacky topsheet.

Yes, exactly. That's why tacky Chinese rubbers go on your FH and tensors go on your BH. As said, for Chinese rubbers you need more power to properly use the rubber and tensors do not need that much to get good speed out of it because of spring effect.