Help - hard and tacky BH rubber

well Tenergy Hard and Dignics aren't tacky rubbers. What Tenergy Hard has -is a harder sponge (obviously :) ), but not a tacky topsheet and what Dignics has -is a bigger price :D. But Stiga Genesis does have a tacky topsheet.

Yes, exactly. That's why tacky Chinese rubbers go on your FH and tensors go on your BH. As said, for Chinese rubbers you need more power to properly use the rubber and tensors do not need that much to get good speed out of it because of spring effect.

Hi,
the thing is, a tacky rubber really works well for me on BH. I am able to flick and spin better, and more consistently, than I ever could with tensor rubbers, except perhaps the slowest of them. I can also produce a lot power by myself on BH side, but too hard Chinese rubbers really need consistent effort to produce proper spin. Boosted H3 Neo grants my BH a really good speed. Stiga Genesis II M is easier to spin with on different gears, but the top speed could be better. anyways, I am going to try Nittaku Fastarc G-1 today, which is a tensor, but it might be what I need.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
You may like Loki GTX-Pro. This is a tacky Chinese rubber, but easier to play than H3, thus allows more speed to be applied. It is difficult to say it will suit you though, and it is unlikely that you will find it being used by friends who will let you try it.

It takes skill to fully optimize tacky rubbers in the bh. You need to brush the ball actively always.
I am quite skilled in brushing the ball on BH, and it allows me to lift the ball over the net, with a lot of spin, considerably easier compared to any non-tacky rubber. Perhaps only except Fastarc G-1 that I have recently tried. It has really grippy topsheet, I can spin the ball well with brushy strokes, but it is also easier to activate sponge, and it's not that springy compared to latest tensors.. and my loops are faster with a lot of spin, and it is also no difficult to surprise my opponent with flat hits. however, you can guess the downside.. short game is becoming a challenge, and especially actively blocking heavy spin, which is my weapon when using Chinese/hybrid rubber, becomes a weak point. i know, I can adapt to the rubber later, but only to some extent.

Can someone perhaps advise me the best way to boost Genesis II M?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I liked Tibhar K1 (the Asian version that can be found quite cheap on AliExpress) better than Stiga Genesis II M back in the day when I used to fiddle around with Hybrids. Only used it on the FH but I found it quite a bit faster. It's a quite cheap experiment compared to buying tensors.

This user has no status.
um other useful rubber h3 37 degree boosted prov or national , Tinhar K2 used it a few days ago not bad( h3 replacement)
Battle 2 is another one , my coach uses battle 2 over tenergy 05 boosted of coz its faster and spinny as hell but a learning curve . maybe rozena? or victas v15 extra or limba? or target gt 47?

um other useful rubber h3 37 degree boosted prov or national , Tinhar K2 used it a few days ago not bad( h3 replacement)
Battle 2 is another one , my coach uses battle 2 over tenergy 05 boosted of coz its faster and spinny as hell but a learning curve . maybe rozena? or victas v15 extra or limba? or target gt 47?

Tried v15 Limber and Rozena. The best working tensor for me was Fastarc G-1, very good to excellent on almost all active strokes, very fast yet veru controllable, except for blocks, both active and passive, unfortunately. Too much of a difference compared.to Stiga Gen II M.

I'd.like to try Battle 2

Reactions: 729B2
I liked Tibhar K1 (the Asian version that can be found quite cheap on AliExpress) better than Stiga Genesis II M back in the day when I used to fiddle around with Hybrids. Only used it on the FH but I found it quite a bit faster. It's a quite cheap experiment compared to buying tensors.

It will surely be worth trying!

What do you use on your forehand?

I reckon Nittaku Hurricane 3 Pro Turbo Orange is what you're after on your bh.

Yes that might be it! Or it can be an option instead of a H3 Neo I used, boosted ofc. Fantastic for counters. Then, I also used MX-P, a different beast especially close to the table, sometimes hard to tame.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
@darkmoor1
If that can help i film myself quite a lot; I don't know what your level is, I'm at an intermediate level.
my BH is better than my FH and as I said earlier i stay at the table with a short stroke which seems to be your style as well

In this video
https://youtu.be/QXhGdxoecyk?t=422
you can see me just doing BH to BH or a 2FH + 2BH drill

If you click on my name FG R below the video, you can see all the videos I've posted and look at some match play or training videos. Some recent training videos is against chopper so you can see me doing BH against backspin.
or you can see me doing opening loops , blocks , receive etc... as well in matchplay. Usually i put in comment section the highlights so you don't need to see all the video entirely to look for BH play.

I'm sure there are many rubbers fitting your description, but definitely among all Butterfly products, SpinArt is exactly what you are looking for, and its an excellent rubber.

Last edited:
@darkmoor1
If that can help i film myself quite a lot; I don't know what your level is, I'm at an intermediate level.
my BH is better than my FH and as I said earlier i stay at the table with a short stroke which seems to be your style as well

In this video
https://youtu.be/QXhGdxoecyk?t=422
you can see me just doing BH to BH or a 2FH + 2BH drill

If you click on my name FG R below the video, you can see all the videos I've posted and look at some match play or training videos. Some recent training videos is against chopper so you can see me doing BH against backspin.
or you can see me doing opening loops , blocks , receive etc... as well in matchplay. Usually i put in comment section the highlights so you don't need to see all the video entirely to look for BH play.

I'm sure there are many rubbers fitting your description, but definitely among all Butterfly products, SpinArt is exactly what you are looking for, and its an excellent rubber.

Thank you, I had a look at your videos. I'd say I'm perhaps a notch or two better player at the moment, but I'm also a different type of player, very much BH oriented, getting most winners from there, and trying to be unpredictable to my opponents, with mixed results :) Your game nevertheless look good, and you can surely improve a lot and not in a long time, given the effort you make.

Your BH looks very similar to mine when playing with power. I brush the ball more at times when closer the table, for spinny slow or medium fast strokes. I also play more direct, with just enough spin to lift the ball over the net, or simply flick-smash.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi