Viscaria-Innerforce?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
hi folks,

is there in the meantime a blade on the market that complements the construction of the Viscaria, but with the difference that the fibers applied dirctly on the core? A Viscaria-Innerforce-Clone with Koto-Limba-ALC-Kiri-ALC-Limba-Koto construction?
One blade witch comes close to that is the DHS 301, but this has an Ayous core instead of the Kiri core...

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Treiber ci off is directly to core, but it's limba outer also, instead of koto according to a german forum.
Looked up some compositions, closest I could find was:
Vodak Havlik RC OFF.. is basically what you asked for. But with normal carbon.
Koto Limba Carbon Kiri Carbon Limba Koto

With that said, you should rather look for the characteristic change you want, instead of just composition.
I swapped from Andro Treiber Z (fo ish) to Treiber Fi, and it's a bigger change than to Fo (which is microscopically faster, whereby I wanted a tiny tad slower with a similar feel)
and due to it, I'm considering to get Fo instead (after test hitting it). As the slower feel and pinch of it (fi) was not entirely what I imagined it to be. - Whereby close to the table is fine, but mid distance not so. (I enjoy stepping back :v..)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Tibhar Samsonov Stratus Carbon has ALC correspondent -kevlar carbon on a kiri core , limba and ayous outer layers . Accordingly to "ttgearlab" measurements it is indeed a slower Viscaria with a stronger repulsive reaction on passive shots .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Thanks for alle the replies. But most suggested blades have Limba outer or Ayous core...

I'm looking for a blade with a tad more woody feeling and a notch more catapult.
But if possible with the same crisp touch and overall feeling of the Viscaria.
Want to change as less as possible.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Treiber ci off is directly to core, but it's limba outer also, instead of koto according to a german forum.

I find that hard to believe, looking at pictures of that blade (and of the CO version, which is supposed to be a straight Viscaria type blade). It really looks like koto to me.

Another blade that comes close is the Kinetic CF Carbon Off-. It's an inner type composite with a kiri core and koto outers, but layers 2 and 6 are spruce, not limba.

I have a custom koto/limba/alc/kiri/alc/limba/koto blade and an older custom koto/limba/alc/kiri/alc/limba/anegre blade. I've been playing these for the last two years or so, and am very confident in their qualities. Crisp, powerful, but engaging a bit further up on the power curve.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Clipper?

Thanks for alle the replies. But most suggested blades have Limba outer or Ayous core...

I'm looking for a blade with a tad more woody feeling and a notch more catapult.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Viscaria is anything but crisp.

If you want something of similar response characteristics (ie Ec/Ep, captive vs repulsive etc) look into hardwood outer blades:

Stiga Ebenholz/rosewood
Cornilleau Gatien Absolum

Crisp touch (MUCH crisper than Viscaria), pronounced inflection (catapult???).

If you don't want to go that far, then the 301 is a good bet. If anything, ayous core blades feel slightly denser and more crisp, better than kiri.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
A custom blade is your best bet.

IIRC, I read somewhere that Ayous is the preferred middle wood for inner carbon blades and Kiri for outer carbon.
Many good blades have this type of composition:
Innerforce ALC: L L ALC A ALC L L
Apolonia ZLC: L L ZLC A ZLC L L
Liu Shiwen: L L Zylon A Zylon L L
Viscaria: K ALC L K L ALC K
Tornado King Power: K A ALC A ALC A K
W968 (?): L A C A C A L

* A=Ayous, L=Limba, K=Kiri inner and Koto outer
https://stervinou.net/ttbdb/index.php

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
Looked up some compositions, closest I could find was:
Vodak Havlik RC OFF.. is basically what you asked for. But with normal carbon.
Koto Limba Carbon Kiri Carbon Limba Koto

With that said, you should rather look for the characteristic change you want, instead of just composition.
I swapped from Andro Treiber Z (fo ish) to Treiber Fi, and it's a bigger change than to Fo (which is microscopically faster, whereby I wanted a tiny tad slower with a similar feel)
and due to it, I'm considering to get Fo instead (after test hitting it). As the slower feel and pinch of it (fi) was not entirely what I imagined it to be. - Whereby close to the table is fine, but mid distance not so. (I enjoy stepping back :v..)

So you moved from Treiber Z to Treiber FI and are now thinking of FO?

Isn't Treiber Z pretty much the same as FO?

This user has no status.

DHS Hurricane King lll or XIOM Azxi could be what you looking for