ITTF Korean Open 2019

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Why are you saying this as if she was suppoused to win this match? Hayata was clearly the favorite.

Why are you asking this as if she was supposed to lose this match? Shi Xunyao was clearly the favorite.

This user has no status.
Men Singles Preliminary Round 1

Upset

China WR #273 Yingbin Xu 4-0 Truls Moregard Sweden WR #90

I am not saying it isn't an upset (although on paper it certainly is), because I don't know anything about YX, but in my mind it's REALLY hard to see any not-absolute-top-player from outside China as a favorite against any CNT player. Even if that CNT player is one of their B or C team players.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
I am not saying it isn't an upset (although on paper it certainly is), because I don't know anything about YX, but in my mind it's REALLY hard to see any not-absolute-top-player from outside China as a favorite against any CNT player. Even if that CNT player is one of their B or C team players.

A man with your tt knowledge might do well here.

https://www.10bet.com/sports/table-tennis/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
no i don't think Yoshimura is back in JNT, anyway not for the Olympics, maybe next WTTC if he is in form.

Or some minor competitions like Team World Cup in November (in Tokyo)

Pity. The Yoshikawa XD pair is a strong contender and I think Maharu is a good sport (from the various matches and post-game interviews).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yoshimura quite surprisingly beat Sun Wen who two weeks ago defeated many top players inlcuding Harimoto.
Even some youtubers did good analysis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDDLaTo5CBw
Is yoshimura coming back to JNT???
People take a lot of stuff from one match or tournament, I have learned the hard way that you have to wait for trends. I was one of those who jumped the gun on Yu Ziyang after he beat Mizutani years ago and was a WJTTC. Sun Wen has a wide range/level as do most of the non-first team CNT players.

This user has no status.
A man with your tt knowledge might do well here.

https://www.10bet.com/sports/table-tennis/

Not sure what tt knowledge has to do with anything of that. It could just be because of the nature of the internet, but your response seemed a bit passive agressive, in which case I am not sure why you would be (?). I was merely sharing my opinion as an amateur .

On a different not: It's always nice to see Hyata's attitude on and off the table. So bubbly. You can tell she genuinely enjoys playing table tennis.
Congrats on beating 2 Chinese players in a row!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
The note...

Already five Japanese women between the ages of 14 and 18 have entered the main grid (Hayata is the oldest of them ...)

Last edited: