says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Ishikawa says "TAKE THAT ZEIO"

cxdwxLx.gif

Jan 2018
Ishikawa's disastrous handling of crucial points struck again.

On her 2 match points, she tried to score using the same setplay for the previous point. The exact same backspin serve to SYS' FH and opening with her BH. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I think Korea is my favorite open. The crowd is absolutely incredibly and you can tell how much it helps their players to push things to the max.
I really hope Jeoung Youngsik can win against FZ and who knows - maybe with the magic of the Korean support more fantastical things could happen.

But right now it's 5-5 while JY is 3-2 up, so things can still end soon. We'll have to see.

EDIT:
HE REALLY DOES IT! Jeoung Youngsik wins with 12-10 in the 6th over FZ. Absolutely Amazing! Let's hope to see more of the Korea Open Magic in the Semi's against ML (most likely)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
+1
Definitely the crowd helped a lot JYS to make this great performance. He played a really great match.

Its a tough defeat for FZD. I can't help feeling that his mental strength has been affected by his recent defeats to his young teammates and a few ones against foreign players. People said he would be the next great champion after Ma Long, but the truth is he hasn't one a big title yet, and he did worse at WTTC this year than in 2017. A year or so ago, it was impossible for a JYS to beat FZD.

FZD might not even be in Tokyo 2020

Reactions: Michal_Z
This user has no status.
Congrats to JYS but FZD played way below par. May it is his normal level now. FZD used to thrash JYS everytime they used to play. Since JYS did not improve a lot , it is quite obvious FZD has a massive dip of form and confidence.

probably both a mix of form and confidence, they go together, but I'd say its mostly confidence and motivation.

Reactions: drunix80
Jan 2018
No longer the invincible pair. That is how you handle crucial points. Ishikawa could take a page.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Oh lots of incredible results in Korean open .. wow . Congrat to JYS . Beating FZD is not easy but FZD recently has shown shaky form , Also wondering what has happened to Zhu Yuling ? She's not the same player she used to be . Chen meng her friend has improved a lot but Yuling is in downhill ....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
yes ZHU Yuling is going downhill fast alas for her

a few bad losses, resulting in not going to WTTC2019. The pressure coming from many talented younger teammates, and the fear of not being able to qualify for the big events... Thats clearly affecting her game, her confidence and her motivation. FZD case is a bit the same (to a much lesser extent for the time being).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Ishikawa's disastrous handling of crucial points struck again.

On her 2 match points, she tried to score using the same setplay for the previous point. The exact same backspin serve to SYS' FH and opening with her BH. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
SYS is definitely one of the best chinese players now. She has beaten LSW two Times in a row and easily took down ishikawa last Time. I take this result as something new coming from Ishikawa. Maybe next Time she can beat some chinese player.