ITTF Korean Open 2019

This user has no status.
FZD complaining about his BH. Well stop switching rubbers so much. T05H to D05 to H3 in a span of 3-4 months. There is probably reasons for the switching and regardless it is not an excuse.
FZD is an EJ just like most of us. Since 2013 the style of fan has been changed to a classic chinese forehand player. I think that the fan's style at 2013 china national games was way better than this one.
He used to play more with backhand and chiqita, and play closer to the table.
There is an old interview made by Dan, where he asked to Fan if he prefer backhand or forehand, Fan answered that he prefer backhand. While in a recent interview made by ITTF(I'm not sure) he said that he prefer forehand. So this mean that during the last years his own way of playing table tennis is changed. T
his Could explain why it is not as stable as before with its backhand

Is it fair/right to use a table with a different surface from what players are used to? Can't the ITTF stop crap like this?

Yes, but what is the solution?
Differen't players are used to different surface.
Different models of one and the same brand have different surface too.
If we get a much more tight ITTF certification the surface will differ less, but anyway most of the players should have to train on new tables and would find them different and not used to. Something like the new ball situation. And speaking of surfaces its the same with the different balls.

This user has no status.
Ohne Titel.jpg

Ding Ning switched to an Apolonia ZLC blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Yes, but what is the solution?
Differen't players are used to different surface.
Different models of one and the same brand have different surface too.
If we get a much more tight ITTF certification the surface will differ less, but anyway most of the players should have to train on new tables and would find them different and not used to. Something like the new ball situation. And speaking of surfaces its the same with the different balls.
Tennis seems to thrive with different surfaces. Brings out different styles and and different abilities. It might be interesting to see even more variation - slow, fast, maybe even slightly grippier - might bring out more variety in play and different expertise.

FZD is an EJ just like most of us. Since 2013 the style of fan has been changed to a classic chinese forehand player. I think that the fan's style at 2013 china national games was way better than this one.
He used to play more with backhand and chiqita, and play closer to the table.
There is an old interview made by Dan, where he asked to Fan if he prefer backhand or forehand, Fan answered that he prefer backhand. While in a recent interview made by ITTF(I'm not sure) he said that he prefer forehand. So this mean that during the last years his own way of playing table tennis is changed. T
his Could explain why it is not as stable as before with its backhand

Actually not suprised he's complaining about his backhand, his backhand seemed very obviously in transition this tournament.

Both in singles and doubles, he's been playing these massive whipping backhands like he used to while younger. I think may people have remarked that he seems to play with less power than he used to a few years ago, especially on the backhand side where he's been using a shorter, quicker action for a while now (though still pretty powerful).

I'm honestly glad he's trying to capture some of that previous style, and frankly whatever he's using on the backhand now seems to be working with that stroke. I think he just needs to stick with what he's using now and just get more used to it, integrate the new/old backhand properly into his overall game again.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Naa, tbh I would love that LOL since I'm a fangirl of her, but CM will be crowned on this one, DN may fall short for SYS, if not I don't think she is in shape to beat CM (who is playing very well and consistently lately)

A DN fangirl I am not, but I found her bounce-back and closeout in the SYS match very convincing and don't expect a walk in the park for CM later today, and definitely would not be surprised to see DN pull out a hard-fought victory.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
ML missed many signature shots, he's just not playing to his potential atm. Be it mental or physical or a mix I have no idea. Rumor has it he was injured again in Japan Open.

Ma Long couldn't push Xu Xin's serves short. That made the match a joke. Not sure whether to celebrate the victory or blame the table.