ITTF Korean Open 2019

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Despite the same straight game defeat, Ito put up a better fight here than in Hong Kong Open. She kept trying to come up with a solution on-the-fly, but dropping the 1st 2 games having the lead hurt a lot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
painful to watch, happy it's over...

Singles SF, 7 Chinese. Only JEONG Youngsik managed to sneak in and avoid one of those usual all-Chinese Sundays

Pretty ready not to just come to the sunday final during australian open.

Between all chinese finals and the annoying CNT fans yelling when a good rally is happening, i might as well do anything else other than be there

Last edited:
Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Pretty ready not to just come to the sunday final during australian open.

Between all chinese finals and the annoying CNT fans yelling when a good rally is happening, i might as well do anything else other than be there

:)
(Secretly, I personally do not watch the purely Chinese women's semi-finals or finals on the ITTF Pro or Grand Finals ...Here is the Chinese Super League, Marwellou-12 - there is another thing ... It's interesting to watch there ....)

(I will add one more personal opinion .. The tournament will be won by Ding Ning ... Must win ...:))

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Hello guys, New guy here, I'm glad to be here. I hope to learn from y'all

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Sure you expect opponents to improve but watching ML's trend the past month struggling in Japan Open and not looking himself in Korea, it's not about his opponents level.

Yeah, but I am not a believer that Ma Long can beat his opponents in any manner he chooses - at least not anymore. I think in his recent struggles, he has needed more time to find the optimal way to play them because he keeps playing them initially as if he is faster than them, then has to back off and use spin to control them. He probably has lost a gear and needs to adjust to that.

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
(I will add one more personal opinion .. The tournament will be won by Ding Ning ... Must win ...:))

Naa, tbh I would love that LOL since I'm a fangirl of her, but CM will be crowned on this one, DN may fall short for SYS, if not I don't think she is in shape to beat CM (who is playing very well and consistently lately)

Reactions: Vlad Celler
Jan 2018
Well, it's not just them. I feel sluggish subbing these interviews here.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I'm not ruling out ML losing a gear or two and that he is in decline now. It's just that his body language when he lose points sends signals that he is maybe not having as much fun playing these tournaments like he used to. Like he wants to progress without actually doing the hard part, playing these "lesser" opponents. You know what I'm reaching for? I think he'd be very happy if OG was in 3 months instead of a year from now. With the decline we might be witnessing I think it's gonna be quite a feat if he wins in Tokyo.

Yeah, but I am not a believer that Ma Long can beat his opponents in any manner he chooses - at least not anymore. I think in his recent struggles, he has needed more time to find the optimal way to play them because he keeps playing them initially as if he is faster than them, then has to back off and use spin to control them. He probably has lost a gear and needs to adjust to that.