ITTF Korean Open 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Since Korea Open is a fertile breeding ground for surprises and upsets, I'm actually looking forward to seeing Ito best WMY. WMY started off very strong in 2017 and dominated 2018 for a while. There was a period of time whereby she seemed invincible (within and outside of CNT) until CM (and SYS it seems) experienced an epiphany and became her nemesis. However, she has struggled quite a bit against allegedly 'lesser' opponents in recent matches (e.g. Samara, Nagasaki) and hasn't always had the easiest time against Ito. So I would be praying for a tight match later on. And okay, just maybe, Jeon might have a chance against DN too? Perhaps more ambitiously, Jeong can oust ML? I recall that Jeong did well against the Grand Slammer the last time they fought as well?

Reactions: Vlad Celler
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
SYS is definitely one of the best chinese players now. She has beaten LSW two Times in a row and easily took down ishikawa last Time. I take this result as something new coming from Ishikawa. Maybe next Time she can beat some chinese player.

Ishikawa actually beat SYS 4-1 in the Korea Open last year, in their 1st encounter. Ishikawa led 3-1 that time as well but closed it out, though the atmosphere was way more hostile to China that time.

As for beating LSW twice in a row, SYS said in the interview LSW was tired from playing 3 events.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I think Korea is my favorite open. The crowd is absolutely incredibly and you can tell how much it helps their players to push things to the max.
I really hope Jeoung Youngsik can win against FZ and who knows - maybe with the magic of the Korean support more fantastical things could happen.

But right now it's 5-5 while JY is 3-2 up, so things can still end soon. We'll have to see.

EDIT:
HE REALLY DOES IT! Jeoung Youngsik wins with 12-10 in the 6th over FZ. Absolutely Amazing! Let's hope to see more of the Korea Open Magic in the Semi's against ML (most likely)
Missed the whole action, but it's not that surprising I'd say. His last encounter with Ma Long was also very strong. Dictator only escaped closely.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

Jan 2018
Big shout out to Karlsson for upholding the "World" Tour.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Ishikawa actually beat SYS 4-1 in the Korea Open last year, in their 1st encounter. Ishikawa led 3-1 that time as well but closed it out, though the atmosphere was way more hostile to China that time.

As for beating LSW twice in a row, SYS said in the interview LSW was tired from playing 3 events.
Last year ishikawa was in much better form, she beat some chinese players and also SYS was at the begining of her international career that time. This year was quite disaster for kasumi, she was beaten by all chinese players very easily, she just won 2 sets in 5 matches. Also SYS beat her twice 4:0. So todays result is quite unexpected and little promising.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 17.52.15.jpg

Reactions: PatriciaPinheiro
Jan 2018
After 2 11:9, Qin told ML to go for the kill on the FH, even if he ends up missing, than letting Karlsson counter it back.

Stop talking during the TO, Bobrow. I'm trying to listen here.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndroidRX93
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Wrong. I like watching the highest TT possible. Something you obviously hate. Nothing about your posts tell you have any passion for the sport whatsoever, hardly even like the sport. I don't care about upsets if the champion loses because of an suspected injury. The champ has to be dethroned by an improved player, a better player. As long as ML stays fit with his head in the game no one will dethrone him.

Upsets. Something you clearly don't like.