ITTF Korean Open 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Impressive, the total h2h has Ma Long in favor with 30-27.
What I can see Total wins against other chinese players is 92 out of 130,
Best is Wang hao then XX

HAO Shuai: 1
MA Lin: 4
MA Long: 92
WANG Hao: 12
WANG Liqin: 3
XU Xin: 8
ZHANG Jike: 6
SHANG Kun: 1
FAN Zhendong: 3
Total: 130

Reactions: kalc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I meant total vs Wang Hao.

What I can see Total wins against other chinese players is 92 out of 130,
Best is Wang hao then XX

HAO Shuai: 1
MA Lin: 4
MA Long: 92
WANG Liqin: 3
XU Xin: 8
ZHANG Jike: 6
SHANG Kun: 1
FAN Zhendong: 3
Total: 130

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
3-0 in favor of you-know-WHo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Ma Long couldn't push Xu Xin's serves short. That made the match a joke. Not sure whether to celebrate the victory or blame the table.
Celebrate the victory. XX's RPB is looking very stable and strong now. ML couldn't exploit XX's BH and then play wide to his FH as he previously could. XX's RPB put a lot on pressure on ML.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Eh it was 2-1 to XX in sets so not quite. And if you watched the match you'd get the comment.

Yeah man i obviously watched the match.
When I checked your comment, it showed "14 minutes ago", and i checked it close to end of the match, so I thought you were deeper than 2-1 in match.
But I realized now that maybe the "minutes ago" was not accurate or updated or something...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Celebrate the victory. XX's RPB is looking very stable and strong now. ML couldn't exploit XX's BH and then play wide to his FH as he previously could. XX's RPB put a lot on pressure on ML.
Yes but it isn't fun to see a match where one player can't return the other's serve like he usually does. The balance of XX definitely played a role and hopefully they will get a chance to do this again in Australia.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I can't find the table as an excuse for losing or playing badly. Everyone uses the same table. Perhaps this particular table suits XX better, but most tournaments are played on DHS tables with a little more bite on the top. Ma Long is clearly not in his greatest form. Hopefully he'll get back to being on top. But XX is also playing much better than in the past, he's more solid all around, no way of exploiting that former weak bh.

Yip I had no idea that he had family relations in Korean TTA.
Anyways, a fast table in general must suit Xu Xin because he is always far from the table...

Reactions: matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Still I See this
Wins
MA Long: 11
Total: 23
Maybe you have different stats including china super league matches
Ma Long is 30-27 vs Wang Hao including CTTSL.

Ma Long is 11-12 vs Wang Hao in ITTF events.

The first 10 ITTF matches they played (2005 - 2008) Ma Long is 4-8 vs Wang Hao.

Last 10 matches they played in ITTF events (2009 - 2013), Ma Long is 6-4 vs Wang Hao. 3 of those 4 wins by Wang Hao were in 09, 11, and 13 WTTC Championships semi-finals.

Ma Long won the last ITTF match they played 4-0 in 2013 China Open semifinals.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
No I'd like a total for every h2h, why wouldn't one count all matches played? They are official competitive matches, not matches during practice. By your logic, Wang Hao fans never want to count all matches played.

Yes, Ma Long fans like to count those matches that were played in Super League for practice.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
No I'd like a total for every h2h, why wouldn't one count all matches played? They are official competitive matches, not matches during practice. By your logic, Wang Hao fans never want to count all matches played.

It is like counting friendly matches in soccer. ITTF results already include continental championships. No need to count domestic events as if they say something special.

Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I disagree, you define competitive matches in the toughest TT league like "friendly matches", absurd.

It is like counting friendly matches in soccer. ITTF results already include continental championships. No need to count domestic events as if they say something special.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Yes but it isn't fun to see a match where one player can't return the other's serve like he usually does. The balance of XX definitely played a role and hopefully they will get a chance to do this again in Australia.
Generally, ML hasn't been as clinically sharp in the last couple of Pro Tours, certainly not close to his WTTC Budapest and China Open form. But then, no one can maintain their peak for months on end (not even ML who stated in a translated interview he doesn't know what his peak is.)

Despite ML's dominating record against everyone, the margins between these guys isn't as great as it seems sometimes. Small things/points here and there can make all the difference, which to me makes ML's dominance even more amazing.

Regarding the table, I also noticed that ML couldn't/didn't keep his serve receives as tight and several of XX's loops dipped below ML's racket indicative of a fast, skidding table. But XX played on the same table and his RPB was the significant differentiator in this match. We will never know, but even if ML had kept his serve receives tighter, the RBP was enough today to swing the match XX's way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I disagree, you define competitive matches in the toughest TT league like "friendly matches", absurd.

Yeah I do. Does anyone track Dima or Boll'a records playing for Orenburg or Borussia Dusseldorf seriously? Just because it is the toughest league in the world doesn't make it anything other than a league. It isn't the kind of thing you peak for, you usually use it to peak for other things. The Chinese started having those leagues when they saw how it helped the match fitness of Europeans.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Or you can celebrate XX's short game which didn't "suffer" as much on this table. Maybe his short game is better than ML's or he was just better on this day. Still, good (or in this case great players) should be able to adapt and XX is perhaps better than ML at this as well this moment in time. But I seem to repeat myself; ML is not in form, and that explains his play atm.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I care for all matches h2h between Federer and Nadal, not just the ones in the Grand Slams.

Yeah I do. Does anyone track Dima or Boll'a records playing for Orenburg or Borussia Dusseldorf seriously? Just because it is the toughest league in the world doesn't make it anything other than a league. It isn't the kind of thing you peak for, you usually use it to peak for other things. The Chinese started having those leagues when they saw how it helped the match fitness of Europeans.