ITTF Korean Open 2019

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Ishikawa couldn't have asked for a better draw.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I'm sure HAYATA will give a decent challenge to LIU Shiwen.

Hayata could.easily be on the Chinese national team. I have no doubt in my mind. Watching her this morning (in my time zone), I felt the opponents want to go change her uniform so they could relax and play their best shots without the pressure of playing a foreigner.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Hayata BH is on par with the Chinese or even above in terms of speed and spin. Maybe she's not as consistent YET. Her FH is also very good, much more powerful than Hirano or Ishikawa. She's really got better in serve/receive as well. I would see mental game and consistency is what she needs to work on most

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
....I would see mental game and consistency is what she needs to work on most..

!!!!!!!!!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
“Easily”? Seriously?

Yes, easily and seriously. Watch the matches this morning, you don't make CNT players look like that without being on the CNT. The shot quality is easily as high as the very best. Consistency and placement maybe not always.

I will quote one expert who is 16 and a Male top 5 player : "Her quality is like the men..."

It is also easy to forget that she turns 19 this month...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hayata BH is on par with the Chinese or even above in terms of speed and spin. Maybe she's not as consistent YET. Her FH is also very good, much more powerful than Hirano or Ishikawa. She's really got better in serve/receive as well. I would see mental game and consistency is what she needs to work on most

Her push is very heavy, sometimes Chen Ke just attacked an easy looking ball into the net.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Yes, easily and seriously. Watch the matches this morning, you don't make CNT players look like that without being on the CNT. The shot quality is easily as high as the very best. Consistency and placement maybe not always.

I will quote one expert who is 16 and a Male top 5 player : "Her quality is like the men..."

aren't there over 30 players in the CNT?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018

...I will quote one expert who is 16 and a Male top 5 player : "Her quality is like the men..."

Yes.... HT....
His opinion can be trusted!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Depends on how you define it. But I am thinking most of the A team which should be the top 6 to top 12, depending on how strict you want to be.
ok, I just wanted to better understand what you meant by the CNT statement.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Hayata, too slow for recover own power, stiff with weird technique ala Benedict Duda, propably she would be better with old balls...

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
...I will quote one expert who is 16 and a Male top 5 player : "Her quality is like the men..."

Yes.... HT....
His opinion can be trusted!

That was a compliment from TH after an XD match with HH. She dominated in it and he was truthful in his compliments.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Actually, JNT is struggling to find a doubles pairing that works. Because doubles is the first match and the strongest players meet in the next match, you can lose a match pretty quickly if your doubles pairing is not competitive unlike before when you had two singles matches to figure it out and you didn't have to face your best player vs the beat player on the other team.

And none of the JNT doubles pairings are working for the men's team. So he doesn't need Mizutani to play singles. He just needs to partner well with Niwa if he gets a chance. The doubles is going to drive a lot of things and Mizutani will likely not make it if he doesn't get in directly.

Looks like Mizutani is trying to get serious.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
D63F9E19-3080-46D5-A7B3-C8C479CC68CD.jpg
These two took out CIC-LYJ :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Yeah, that's surprising. Three (Lee/Jeon, Yoshikawa, Lin-Cheng) out of the four pairs (leaving only Wong/Doo) whom I thought were serious contenders have been ousted. Perhaps ItoMizu will be the dark horse this Open.