Forehand rubber upgrade advice

This user has no status.
Hi all.

Current setup is donic coppa on fh with xiom all-round classic blade. I'm currently going into my second season of local league play consider myself low level intermediate.

I'm lacking a bit of bite in my FH and also I caught the rubber on the edge making a tear so I may as well upgrade before the new season starts.

My play an all-round style. Mainly drives and loops a lot of pushes some chops. Donic coppa does everything well but nothing exceptional. It's easy to control however which is great.

Lots of people I know have recommended tenergy 05 and I've played with it at the club and found my shots go long very frequently though it is extremely easy to hit a kill shot with. I'm told you get used the control element.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Yes, control is subjective and you can get used to any piece of equipment. However, before springing the moolah for the T, try Xiom Vega Pro and decide if you like the "type". Much cheaper, and I would say 90% similar in performance characteristics.

Reactions: Beastwood
Xiom Vega Pro is more easy to play with if You use loops and pushes mainly.
A good alternative may be Bluefire JP02.
These are the harder versions of my favourite fh rubbers (XVE, BF JP03), and imo fit better to an elastic wood like yours.
Tenergy 05 i think is more for advanced or pro players.
Regards.

Reactions: Beastwood
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
donic coppa - tenergy 05

Several worlds between them.

You may want to upgrade to an entry level Tensor like XIOM Vega Intro or GEWO NeoFlexx.

You could also look for something like GEWO Proton series, a controlled Tensor rubber, with medium sponge (450/475).

As for tenergy, you would really find XIOM Vega Pro being a fine alternative for less than half the money. If you find this type of rubber really suits you you can go for tenergy after all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Several worlds between them.

You may want to upgrade to an entry level Tensor like XIOM Vega Intro or GEWO NeoFlexx.

You could also look for something like GEWO Proton series, a controlled Tensor rubber, with medium sponge (450/475).

As for tenergy, you would really find XIOM Vega Pro being a fine alternative for less than half the money. If you find this type of rubber really suits you you can go for tenergy after all.

I actually prefer Fastarc G1 (or C1) to Vega Pro as a T05 alternative.

Reactions: laistrogian