Dima Ovtcharov's quality loss

This user has no status.
So, despite not being honest with his fans about things such as equipment, let's not be kids and respect the fact that he could use whatever he likes. I still can't find a better idol for myself, so I stick to him. If you take a look at his gameplay, since becoming the world no.1, he didn't really shine as much as expected. I mean, beating Europeans is easy(of course, for Dima:)) but, let's not forget that he freaking beat FZD and really deserved it. Nowadays, we see him lose to players we don't expect. Such as Pucar and Groth(I know their good, but not Dima good) and I don't know if it's injuries or lack of desire. Ma Long had injuries with his knee and in a short time after that, he overcomes everyone. Do you think it's because of injuries or lack of desire?

This user has no status.
I think OP is saying Dima is lying
I don't think Dima every said he is using Donic, so I don't know how Dima can be honest or not honest on something he never said.

you can go to his official website. There's a part named Material where he says he uses Ovtcharov Original senso carbon with bluefire m1 rubbers.
Anyway, that is not thebpoint of the thread. So, let's protend that was not said :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I’m wondering if players like Dima, Harimoto, Ito etc did exceptionally well in the beginning because of some unconventional element in their play. With Dima it could be his backhand for example. Then the rest find ways to meet the new style and things become complex again. Note that this in no way takes away any accomplishments, it’s rather an attribute to innovation and, given that these players are still at the top, continued dedication.

Reactions: whocarez
This user has no status.
I think OP is saying Dima is lying
I don't think Dima every said he is using Donic, so I don't know how Dima can be honest or not honest on something he never said.

I think Donic, his Sponsor, claims he is using their stuff and not he himself. misunderstanding here if so.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Dima’s setup for 2nd European games was w968 with Donic handle + Dignics 05 both sides.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
IMO, DO's lack of results is a direct consequence of his inability to adapt to the new poly ball. He just cannot stay at the table and bang the ball off the bounce like the younger players. And he's no XX to play powerfully away from the table with the poly ball.

correct me if i'm wrong
didn't he get to world number 1 in the Poly ball era?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
yep, this is probably the most fact to his below par performance of late.
Hope he gets to full form in time for Tokyo

And the truth is that he is not that far from the top, he is losing to mostly the best players in the world. On the tour, Lin Yun Ju has been his biggest hurdle. IMO, he was supposed to beat Lin Gaoyuan, but the result was what it was. In the European games, he lost to Jonathan Groth, who only lost to Timo Boll in *all* the matches he played there. Dima also beat every other player other than Groth in *all* the matches he played there, including Freitas and Falck.

I think Dima just needs more time to find himself completely. I would be more concerned about Pitchford losing to defenders so consistently.

Reactions: phorkyas