Dima Ovtcharov's quality loss

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think Donic, his Sponsor, claims he is using their stuff and not he himself. misunderstanding here if so.

I actually went to google, there is a dima official website.
I highly doubt that site is run by Dima himself.

There is a part for material - and guess what, have links to a shops website
http://www.dimitrij-ovtcharov.de/en/dima/
Why would Dima link items on his site to a shop called Schreiner. Doesn't seem like he is sponsored by this shop.
This shop only sells Donic by the looks of it. Maybe this is a Donic program

Secondly, looking at the current club info, this information doesn't seem updated.
Dima doesn't only play for a Russian club.
Maybe this site was up when he was using M1 when it first came out +/- 5 years ago.
There is maybe more content on a Dima facebook fan page, then this official site

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
And the truth is that he is not that far from the top, he is losing to mostly the best players in the world. On the tour, Lin Yun Ju has been his biggest hurdle. IMO, he was supposed to beat Lin Gaoyuan, but the result was what it was. In the European games, he lost to Jonathan Groth, who only lost to Timo Boll in *all* the matches he played there. Dima also beat every other player other than Groth in *all* the matches he played there, including Freitas and Falck.

I think Dima just needs more time to find himself completely. I would be more concerned about Pitchford losing to defenders so consistently.

Yeah, I see nothing wrong with Dima

his fall in the world ranking is partially got to be blamed by the silly world ranking system
Should Dima face a top 10 level player in a very early round, and if he looses, then he will not get much ranking points - causing him to drop his ranking

in the old method, the win-loss is by player's rating, so loose to equal level players won't hurt as much.
and now, you have high rated players in unseed or low seed position due to incorrect seeding due to wrong world ranking list due to the way the new system calculated points....

I still remember when Ding Nigh became 60 in the world, she knocked out a high seed in the first round.
so sad for that higher seed player lol

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think his high may have been a bit of overreach, and his implied low a bit exaggerated.

He’s a fine second tier pro, and wuite constant at that, barring periods of injury and subject to slight form conjectural fluctuation.

agree,
if I recall, his high got to do with many CNT players getting "lows", so he went up to 1
I think he is at best, top 3 to 5 material.
was lucky to get to 1.

I guess a true 1 will remain 1 for many months

Reactions: vvk1
This user has no status.
I actually went to google, there is a dima official website.
I highly doubt that site is run by Dima himself.

There is a part for material - and guess what, have links to a shops website
http://www.dimitrij-ovtcharov.de/en/dima/
Why would Dima link items on his site to a shop called Schreiner. Doesn't seem like he is sponsored by this shop.
This shop only sells Donic by the looks of it. Maybe this is a Donic program

Secondly, looking at the current club info, this information doesn't seem updated.
Dima doesn't only play for a Russian club.
Maybe this site was up when he was using M1 when it first came out +/- 5 years ago.
There is maybe more content on a Dima facebook fan page, then this official site

DONIC is a brand by Sport Schreiner Tischtennis.