Thinking about buying Tenergy 25

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hello everyone.

I am currently playing with Stiga Azalea Allround with Yasaka Rakza 7 on both sides, but recently my backhand rubber got cut when I was trying to do a chop close to the table. Since I never played with Tenergy before, I thought about buying one and trying it out. I am thinking about Tenergy 25 because my style of play consists of doing a bit of everything but my specialty is forehand smashes and finishing with backhand topspin close to the table or in mid-distance. From what I've gathered, Tenergy 25 has specific pimple structure for blocking, smashing and topspin close to the table. Is Tenergy 25 the right choice or would other Tenergy be better ? Has anyone here played with Tenergy 25 and can provide some impressions about it ?

Thank you in advance :)

This user has no status.
I think Rakza 7 is a phenomenal BH rubber in 2.0mm. It excels close to the table power play. If I were to change anything it would be your blade, which imho does not really suit the playing style you're describing. Maybe look into the Yasaka Goiabao 5 or if you have the cash, a composite blade with koto outers. You could put the Tenergy on the FH then but I've never played it so I don't really know if that would be a good choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amaken23
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
BEWARE OF FAKED RUBBERS/

Be sure you have a new design of Butterfly logo, both pinky ellipsoides same size/
The older design of the logo is mostly a counterfeit product.

This user has no status.
So T25 is a specialty rubber. I would not recommend it to anyone unless I actually know they are suited for it. From reading your post, I believe either t05fx or tenergy 64 would do much better. T25 is pretty hard to block with if you are still learning how to block consistently. Along with it, it is hard to generate power from mid distance. The only thing about t25 is counter right off the bounce style. So koki niwa style. I would be glad to help you find your choice of rubber if you are looking for a 'better' rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
In which aspect?

It is a little more direct and suits a close to the table game best. You would possibly find it on the rackets of players with a block and counter game. On higher levels, the game tends to be off the table and in mid-distance, where t05 excels.

On a basic player level, the difference would be less noticeable I think (and felt when I tested 25 shortly ages ago). But since the popular example is 05, people follow that.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
It is a little more direct and suits a close to the table game best. You would possibly find it on the rackets of players with a block and counter game. On higher levels, the game tends to be off the table and in mid-distance, where t05 excels.

On a basic player level, the difference would be less noticeable I think (and felt when I tested 25 shortly ages ago). But since the popular example is 05, people follow that.

I would, if only out if curiosity, like to hit a few balls with T25.

If only anybody used it, that would be possible. But I have yet to find anyone that does, and the national Butterfly shop has a lot of BTY gear to try — but not T25. It’s a nonstarter for that reason.

Descriptions make it sound like T80 taken a few steps further. If true, that’s enough to make it rather unattractive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I bought 2 sheets of T25 back in 2012 or 2013. I still use one of them. They are good but there are cheaper alternatives that can do the same thing. I now have H2 Neo on the paddles that originally had T25 on them. The N2 Neos are not as fast but when playing close to the table, fast rubbers are not needed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I've never tried the rubber myself but the description really sounds like it would suit the modern womens game quite well. Thinking of players like Mima Ito who hits fairly flat. Are there no pros at all using it?

Koki Niwa was using it when he was using Butterfly equipment. But I don't know any current pros using it. Guess 05 is so popular Butterfly could sell only that and no one would notice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Guess 05 is so popular Butterfly could sell only that and no one would notice.

On pro level, that seems almost certainly true, with the exception of Mizutani using T80, but then?

On amateur level, I think 05 FH and 64 BH is still a popular combination, as is 05/05FX, and there are certainly people playing with 80.

But 25, I don´t think I have ever known anyone who used it, on any level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
The guy who sells butterfly here, who is also a high level player, always used 25 both sides.
So the rubber became quite popular locally, cause many people when they went to buy wanted to copy his setup.
I'm not sure if he still uses it or he changed.

I used it for some time.

I think for the medium level amateur it's probably the best tenergy.
05 is great for looping but for nothing else.

If you watch timo boll, all he does is loop, every single ball.

If you watch a match between amateurs, there is not that much looping.
For everything that is not looping the 25 is the best tenergy.

For looping, well it has a very low arc, so you need to do it close to the table.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
I play with t25 1.9 mm. I got one from a colegue, almost 4 years old and still good. The block is very easy, topspin is ok as long as you won't hit hard, flick sometimes goes out of the table, could be my technique. Chop is easier then Tibhar superdefence 40, or any other rubber I tried. Push is very good. Serves are super. I played with t05, Tibhar super defence 40 0.9 mm, 1.3 mm, 1.5 mm, goldarc 5 2.0, xiom Vega asia, max, 2.0, Vega asia df 2.1, rozena 1.7, donic acuda s3 2.0, palio ak 47, blue, yellow, red, cj8000, best anti nittaku, 2.0, medium pips galaxy pluto 1.5, 1.8, 802-40, max, Rakza po, Rakza 7 soft, joola 4 you, rhyzm p.
I hope I remembered all of them, but for backhand the best were Tibhar super defence 40, 0.9mm, Rakza 7 soft 1.9mm, and tenergy 25. I play with t25 about 1 month and allready I can make all the shots with ease.
I forgot when I block passive play all the balls land on the table, is like magic. Active block also easy. Far from table also easy as long as you open the angle a little more and don't force it. Much better then t05, for backhand. On forehand I play with Sanwei T88III, the blade palio energy 03.
But the best overall is Rakza 7 soft for backhand, that depends on your playing stile.
I have a shoulder problem so t25 is very good for me, I don't topspin on backhand, block and push, punch and sometime short and swift drive over the table, I even chop close to the table or even far from table. I try to finish the point with forhand smash, or hard drive.
I hope to be helpful.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk