Australian Open 2019 [Platinum]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Honestly, I did not watch carefully ....I know many examples when Chinese women successfully spoke for the countries of Europe, both Americas ....
But here's an example of Hamamoto, I personally know only one example, when a Japanese woman stands for another country ....

Last edited:
Guys, how do you find time to play with such a hard work in the forum?
Meanwhile I played on a new Xiom table with a shiny surface, supposedly like the Champion in Korea.
It bounced very close to BTY, had no problems at all.
But I don't like much Andro tables, which, though matt, bounce lower.

Who will get greatest benefit from the DHS tables in Australia, and who will be harmed, how do you think?

This user has no status.
@Sali

Hayata has all the shots. She has improved incredibly in the last year. Now she needs to grow mentally and work to be more consistent. Note also that she is a bit taller than Hirano or Ito, and maybe Ishikawa as well. I believe in her potential, more than Hirano or even Ito.

edit
Hayata is 166 cm
Nagasaki is 164cm
Ishikawa is 157cm
Hirano 156cm
Ito only 150 cm !

Last edited:
Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Perhaps I am mistaken ... But in one of his interviews LGL said that it was Hayata who has the greatest potential in the future .....

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
@Sali

Hayata has all the shots. She has improved incredibly in the last year. Now she needs to grow mentally and work to be more consistent. Note also that she is a bit taller than Hirano or Ito, and maybe Ishikawa as well. I believe in her potential, more than Hirano or even Ito.

edit
Hayata is 166 cm
Nagasaki is 164cm
Ishikawa is 157cm
Hirano 156cm
Ito only 150 cm !

From T.League site and Sportsnavi,
Hamamoto 174cm
Honoka Hashimoto 169cm
Hina Hayata 167cm
Miyuu Kihara 164cm
Hitomi Sato 163cm
Miu Hirano 158cm
Miwa Harimoto 152cm, just turned 11
Ito is essentially 5 foot less an inch...

2018-wttc-women-silver-japan.jpg

2016-wttc-women-silver-japan.jpg

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Miwa HM has the most potential. I love watching her play the juniors bc she is a stone-cold killa.

Jan 2018
Miwa HM has the most potential. I love watching her play the juniors bc she is a stone-cold killa.

She just took out 3 CNT players, all in straight games to win the U12 event at the East Asian Hopes a few days ago.

Japan took gold in 3 events - BS, GS, GT. Chinese Taipei took gold in BT.
ec6d-hzrevpz2255408.jpg

1b65-hzrevpz2255454.jpg

d32a-hzrevpz2255535.jpg

efa5-hzrevpz2255583.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
@Sali

!

I am not sure if this is the right word but for me she looks clumsy, stiff at the table, trying to kill all shots. You cannot play all the Time risky shots, you need versatility.
Look at Simon gauzy, he is not perfect but he can change strategy and shotse when needed, that is why he makes many upsets like XX or mizutani.
But similar thing is to Ito and Hirano, they play very risky shots, while sometimes it is enough to push the ball or Just block it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I am not sure if this is the right word but for me she looks clumsy, stiff at the table, trying to kill all shots. You cannot play all the Time risky shots, you need versatility.
Look at Simon gauzy, he is not perfect but he can change strategy and shotse when needed, that is why he makes many upsets like XX or mizutani.
But similar thing is to Ito and Hirano, they play very risky shots, while sometimes it is enough to push the ball or Just block it

I guess the real issue is that people lose to better players and then the better players or their coaches say what they think the problem is. Hayata can beat 99% of the women on the tour with her risky game so we lose perspective sometimes and focus on the 1% she can't beat. And then because everyone is looking for competition and the hope of beating China, we get enthusiastic about results that show that this is possible. Hayata pushes and blocks the bAll as well as anyone , the real issue is whether this game will beat the players she needs to beat. At a certain point, it is less about your game and more about how good you are at it. Hayata is not going to beat the CNT pushing and blocking, it is more about developing more weapons to play the point. And maybe she just doesn't have the competition to push her speed.

In the end though, we all need these narratives to enjoy the game, even the Chinese do. They need to make villains to justify their investment in TT. Everyone's game has issues, if we deploy the right tactics or if they don't have the right ball quality with quick recovery.

But the bottom line is that you aren't going to find that many people outside China who repeatedly hit a higher quality ball than Hayata. I know we sometimes make these conversations all about China but we sometimes need to bring perspective back to the conversation.

Relative to Gauzy, Ito and Hirano have done much more at a younger age. Different sexes, but let's remember that.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
...In the end though, we all need these narratives to enjoy the game, even the Chinese do. They need to make villains to justify their investment in TT. Everyone's game has issues, if we deploy the right tactics or if they don't have the right ball quality with quick recovery.
Relative to Gauzy, Ito and Hirano have done much more at a younger age. Different sexes, but let's remember that.

This reminds me of Feng Yalan's comment about Hirano in 2017.

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/...017-german-open-magdeburg-ger-nov-712#1003576
http://sports.ifeng.com/a/20171112/53182915_0.shtml?_zbs_duba_dh#p=4
冯亚兰表示她自己今天的发挥其实很一般,只是心态好一点。而平野美宇被媒体宣传的位置很高,但自己在看她录像的时候,发现她的球路并不是很顶尖,还没达到那种实力。她会有对球处理不合理的地方,所以自己今天赢了她很正常。在冯亚兰看来,平野美宇更多是媒体吹出来的,她根本就没到顶尖的水平,自己在发挥一般的情况下依然可以正常赢她!
(Feng Yalan said her performance was very typical today, just that her mind was a little better. OTOH, Hirano's position was highly regarded and widely publicized by the media. However, upon viewing her videos, Feng noticed her game was not all it's cracked up to be, that it's not there yet. Her handling of some shots are still unreasonable, so it's very normal that she won today. To Feng Yalan, Hirano is more of a media-fanned phenomenon, that her level is simply not at the very top, and she could beat her on a typical day!)

Roughly 1.5 years later, FYL actually gave Hirano a good pat on the back after the match.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Oh wow, did Nagasaki Miyu underperform? Swept 0-4 by Zhang Qiang who is IMO among the weakest players in the 1st team. I was betting on Nagasaki actually. Can someone who watched comment on the match? This is like a bitch slap to ZYL's face :confused:

Jan 2018
@Zeio

yes Hamamoto is the most model-like ! but Nagasaki will become certainly hugely popular as well, especially given her TT skills.

Watched a few seconds of it and quickly looked away. Nagasaki body language said too much I didn’t bother seeing the rest of the match

I still feel the same for Nagasaki. Comparing to Ito and Hirano at the same age, she's already behind.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...pionships-2019&p=256508&viewfull=1#post256508
On course with my prediction.
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...-Championships&p=251733&viewfull=1#post251733
At this rate, Nagazaki will drop off the radar. She's only less than 2 years younger than Ito and the likes. If CNT's experience applies as well for JNT, she will live under their shadows and fade away. Kihara has it a little better given those 2 extra years, but it will still be difficult for her.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Oh wow, did Nagasaki Miyu underperform? Swept 0-4 by Zhang Qiang who is IMO among the weakest players in the 1st team. I was betting on Nagasaki actually. Can someone who watched comment on the match? This is like a bitch slap to ZYL's face :confused:
Surprised at the result too, Maybe she's unnerved by the penhold play, At least she gave Manyu a lot of problems too last week, And it was really tight, Or it could just be this thing of players only bringing their best game out when they face the top Chinese players, That's kinda what's happened to Ovtcharov this past few months: Against LGY he'll play and block back so aggressively you'll think Gaoyuan shots were nothing and then he'll play players he's supposed to beat all day and he'll be underwhelming

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
cache.php

Oh dang. She's gonna lose so many points this month. Best case scenario, she is #5 but likely to be between #6-#8.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
XX/LSW are running away from Ito/Mizutani.