Australian Open 2019 [Platinum]

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Everyone got little too worked up by Ishikawa's unexpected victory. Frankly it was good for her to win but she did not do anything special.Probably CM was little tired. Ito losing to DN is more bad news for JNT when younger CNT girls (SYS/WMY) are now easily ahead of DN.

Any win over China deserves recognition for Ishikawa. Her record against the top Chinese before this was 1/64(Guo Yue who has retired for so long), 3/64 if you count Zhu Yuling as one but that was so long ago.

IIRC, DN has never lost to SYS. WMY has yet to prove herself against DN in a big event.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
In any case, despite the opposition of the huge Chinese coaching machine, Mima Ito continues to strain the Chinese coaches ....Features of her playing style Chinese coaches literally laid out into atoms ....
And yet .... Today, Ding Ning, in my opinion, maybe I am mistaken, barely gone from defeat ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
WCQ beating LJK, didn't see this one coming either

WCQ is on his way up. A few years back he was low on power and footwork. Now, he is so consistent and devastating from both sides. This kid surely has a bright career ahead. Reminds me of young FZD !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
In any case, despite the opposition of the huge Chinese coaching machine, Mima Ito continues to strain the Chinese coaches ....Features of her playing style Chinese coaches literally laid out into atoms ....
And yet .... Today, Ding Ning, in my opinion, maybe I am mistaken, barely gone from defeat ...
Mima Ito let this one slip away as I felt she took perhaps a little too much risk when it wasn't necessary. There are definitely some cracks in Ding Ning's armor. She's starting to show her age in loss of power and reaction time. I wonder if LGL would be so bold as to do what he's always has done and select the senior, DN, for Olympic Singles. IMHO, that would be a mistake. Yes, she has the most experience, is highly venerated, is the defending Olympic champion, and LGL trusts her. But aside from ZYL, who has no chance now, DN is the weakest of the top tier CNT and imho most susceptible to a loss to Japanese opposition. Being partial to the Japanese trio (Mima, Kasumi, Miu), I hope DN does get selected as I think that would be Japan's best chance at an upset in at least one half of the draw. I think Tokyo 2020 is ripe for an upset as long as SYS is not selected (she's just playing downright scary ... I call her The Terminator).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Mima Ito let this one slip away as I felt she took perhaps a little too much risk when it wasn't necessary. There are definitely some cracks in Ding Ning's armor. She's starting to show her age in loss of power and reaction time. I wonder if LGL would be so bold as to do what he's always has done and select the senior, DN, for Olympic Singles. IMHO, that would be a mistake. Yes, she has the most experience, is highly venerated, is the defending Olympic champion, and LGL trusts her. But aside from ZYL, who has no chance now, DN is the weakest of the top tier CNT and imho most susceptible to a loss to Japanese opposition. Being partial to the Japanese trio (Mima, Kasumi, Miu), I hope DN does get selected as I think that would be Japan's best chance at an upset in at least one half of the draw. I think Tokyo 2020 is ripe for an upset as long as SYS is not selected (she's just playing downright scary ... I call her The Terminator).

Seems like both national associations want the same thing – for either side's female team captain to be chosen :cool:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Everyone got little too worked up by Ishikawa's unexpected victory. Frankly it was good for her to win but she did not do anything special.Probably CM was little tired. Ito losing to DN is more bad news for JNT when younger CNT girls (SYS/WMY) are now easily ahead of DN.

You are so wrong here, have you seen the match?
Kasumi played on fire, she played as good as it gets!
I would say just - she was not ready to play today, the mindset for today was to go home.. She didnt expect to play..

Reactions: PatriciaPinheiro
Jan 2018
Too poor to pay for the trip for Rosskopf.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
One few more of experience and Calderano would beat XX today. He could control correctly Xu Xin's game.

Last edited:
Reactions: akoozab
Jan 2018
No...

Fa6kpft.jpg