Australian Open 2019 [Platinum]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
I am really happy that Ishikawa has turned the corner and shown that she is still a force. I have been tracking her improvement since she was the "little sister" in the japanese team ten years ago. Her ability to keep raising her technical level over this extended period is really special, especially as she has had to endure so many defeats by the CNT. Last year it seemed clear that she had learned to up her tempo to play at a speed that would make her competitive, but unfortunately the CNT players seemed to have her number. If she can get another win tomorrow, then things will start to look a lot better for her.
It could be that the womens CNT may enter a worrying time coming up to 2020:- IShikawa, ITO, HIRANO and HAYATA have all gained significant wins against CNT, and DN and LSW and CM have started to look more vulnerable. Those who remember the loss to Singapore will perhaps think that the CNT will be seriously considering replacing the old guard with SYS, but will worry that the new generation CNT players are not quite ready for 2020

I still think CNT has best chance in next worlds and olympics but it doesnt seem totally outlandish that Japanese girls may have the courage to make something special happen
I cant wait to see what happens!!

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Zeio, super interview, but still waiting for Chen Meng :D
And tbh also FZD ..

It was either too late and/or they turned down the interviews. :(

Jan 2018
I would think it was safe to assume that since you're on a forum that you can use a search engine.

And the search engine turns up this.

Australia's, so true

iFKMUcR.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Everyone to beat DN now uses smashes or speed, idk if Ito was cautious or got trapped on DN's style. But you can't beat her when she - poorly saying - uses your 'force' against yourself...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
In any case, it was a game worthy of the finale ....
It is this game, not the next one .....

So...:(
Preliminary calculation of points before T-2.

D.N. - 14680/15130+t2

ISHIKAWA Kasumi - 12733 + T2

ITO Mima - 12310 + T2
SUN Yingsha - 11965/12415 + T2
CHENG I-Ching - 11790 + T2
HIRANO Miu - 11650 + T2

(for reference:)
August - Bulgaria Open and the Czech Open..
Maximum 1800 points ..
Japan announced the teams, China is not yet ....

When calculating the rating for September, there will be deductions:

ISHIKAWA Kasumi - (-1800,-1260/reserv 1170+900). ,Hereinafter, reserve points so far excluding Bulgaria and the Czech Republic, they can increase ...)
ITO Mima - (-1260/reserv 1125)
SUN Yingsha - no deductions
CHENG I-Ching -(-945/reserv 880) - (while in Bulgaria and the Czech Republic is not declared ...)
HIRANO Miu -(-1260/reserv 900)

Last edited:
Reactions: pongfugrasshopper
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Everyone got little too worked up by Ishikawa's unexpected victory. Frankly it was good for her to win but she did not do anything special.Probably CM was little tired. Ito losing to DN is more bad news for JNT when younger CNT girls (SYS/WMY) are now easily ahead of DN.
No need to minimize Ishikawa's win over CM.

Ito made poor tactical decisions against DN, going to her BH way too much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Looks like ML got some sleep, turned the Dark Night into Robin. ML received short to his FH with his BH a lot more than usual, had a few banana returns even. I guess he feels he doesn't have enough tools in his tool box. Made this match look like a routine training match.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 3 reviews
Looks like ML got some sleep, turned the Dark Night into Robin. ML received short to his FH with his BH a lot more than usual, had a few banana returns even. I guess he feels he doesn't have enough tools in his tool box. Made this match look like a routine training match.

maybe with the help or should i say the "normal" table was used

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel