Australian Open 2019 [Platinum]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I thought she could upset DN. That would make the second half much more interesting.
I think the fact that Ding Ning nearly lost to a tier-3 CNT player already makes the second half of the draw interesting. DN is not in that good a shape.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
G4, Hirano 6-10, 8-10, TO for Qian Tianyi, 12-10.

Another 11:7 and 11:6. Hirano upset Qian Tianyi after being down 1:2, and almost losing game 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Jan 2018
Harimoto 6:2, 10:12 WCQ. Poopy.

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Harimoto after 6-0 and 10:8 lost the first set, not looking good for him.

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Harimoto is hopeless in the longer rallies, this is a repeat from last week. Wang Chuqin is too good for him. No progress for Harimoto lately, he will lose a lot of ranking points.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Harimoto will no doubt be the 1st singles, unless he dies in an accident or becomes gravely ill, the latter of which happened to Rikako Ikee.

Mizutani has said he has only a 50% chance making the singles. Niwa also knows the risk of dropping out if he doesn't make the singles. For the 3rd spot, it depends how "adventurous" the JNT feels, as in how much they want the gold medal. The circumstances are much more dire compared to Rio. As it stands, I'd say they don't even have a realistic shot at podium. Harimoto is too volatile, with a high standard deviation. Niwa is either free-flowing or free-falling. Mizutani is surprisingly consistent given his eye condition, but like he said after the All-Japan Championships, his stamina can't really keep up anymore.

Because of the XD, Yoshimura does have a realistic chance, especially if Ishikawa makes the team.

Very accurate analysis ....

Last edited:
Reactions: zeio

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
That's a shame.. I always thought Harimoto would be the next Waldner and be the one to finally end the chinese dominance but it seems that i was wrong... Oh well, guess i'll have to wait a 100 more years for there to actually be someone like that..

It's a bit early to conclude this, Wang Chuqin is 3 years older which could have a big effect. The worrying part currently is that Harimoto didn't really improve his game from last year, maybe they should give him a tournament break. Also I wonder if the switch from Tenergy 05 to Dignics this year was a good decision. At the moment he plays one dimensional, there is no backup plan when something doesn't work. Always the same serves, where are his high toss serves from last year? They disappeared completely.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Harimoto is hopeless in the longer rallies, this is a repeat from last week. Wang Chuqin is too good for him. No progress for Harimoto lately, he will lose a lot of ranking points.
His SF result from last year's Aus. Open drop off, but he still has decent results in reserve from earlier this year so his drop won't be so dramatic. ML will leapfrog him as he should. Maybe LJK.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
It's a bit early to conclude this, Wang Chuqin is 3 years older which could have a big effect. The worrying part currently is that Harimoto didn't really improve his game from last year, maybe they should give him a tournament break. Also I wonder if the switch from Tenergy 05 to Dignics this year was a good decision. At the moment he plays one dimensional, there is no backup plan when something doesn't work. Always the same serves, where are his high toss serves from last year? They disappeared completely.
High toss serves only try to unnerve opponents psychologically in my opinion, there's nothing special in the serve

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
High toss serves only try to unnerve opponents psychologically in my opinion, there's nothing special in the serve

It definitely helped against Ma Long last year. He needs something different, he is young enough to evolve a backup in his game. He can't rely any longer for his backhand flip return because he can no longer surprise his opponents with this, they are aware of his strenght.

Jan 2018

Close to 5.

Jan 2018
Wang Chuqin 11th May 2000
Harimoto 27th June 2003

Horrible day for the Japanese men, no player in round 2.

vJLyVfq.jpg

bA0hYjs.jpg

cxdwxLx.gif