Table tennis training in Japan for 12 year old girl

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Hi
Any recommendations for good club (school or professional) for a 12 year old girl to train for 6-8 months. She's been training for past 4 years and about 2300 level in USA.
Any pointers appreciated.
Thanks
C

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Does she speak Japanese ? Chinese ?
Usually Japanese people don't speak English at all

I am not familiar with the subject but I have heard that most top professional TT players are graduates from AOMORI YAMADA HIGH SCHOOL. Its a school in Aomori prefecture in the north of Japan. They have a Junior High School as well

http://www.aomoriyamada-jhs.jp/

There would be a lot of top and/or good private coaches here, but they could be quite expensive. It depends what your budget is, and what she needs ? group lessons, private lessons ? how many times a week ? a day...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Does she speak Japanese ? Chinese ?
Usually Japanese people don't speak English at all

I am not familiar with the subject but I have heard that most top professional TT players are graduates from AOMORI YAMADA HIGH SCHOOL. Its a school in Aomori prefecture in the north of Japan. They have a Junior High School as well

http://www.aomoriyamada-jhs.jp/

There would be a lot of top and/or good private coaches here, but they could be quite expensive. It depends what your budget is, and what she needs ? group lessons, private lessons ? how many times a week ? a day...

Aomori Yamada disbanded school teams a few years ago, concentrating instead to Baseball and Soccer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
to give an idea,
the TT school from Seiya Kishikawa (ex-JNT member and WTTC doubles medalist) in Ariake [Tokyo]
https://seiyatts-ariake.com/course/ has classes for juniors
the price is the second line in blue, and for 20 group lessons a week ( 5 times a week) it's 16,000 yens per month

I think the price is in line with other schools, but here is the catch:

the school is rather new ( 1 year old) and is not easily accessible (its much easier by car than by common transportation), thus at the moment they are very short of students. I know even a friend (adult) who struck a monthly group deal, but in practice he is the only one going at his time slot, so he's paying group fee for personal lessons with top coaches, sometimes Hidetoshi Oya himself (google him). Actually i do hire Oya as well, but pay the full fee (like 3x or 4x more) as I don't have time to go to Ariake, and I ask him to kindly go near where I live

I don't know how long the situation will perdure, nor how it is for junior classes, but it is probably not so crowded so your kid can receive relatively more attention.

The other very nice things about this TT school is that it is located in a big sports complex, you can also have access to showers (lacking in most TT schools !), and probably also access to gym, swimming pool, maybe an extra fee is needed, you would have to ask them.

There are many other TT schools in Tokyo, for example Yoyo Takkyu
https://www.yoyo-takkyu.com/
who has among its staff some recently retired ex-professional female players like Yuka Ishigaki (chopper), Hiroko Fujii (chopper ?), Misako Wakamiya (attack).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Why Japan? It is much more expensive to train there than in China or Taiwan. I think you need to ask Tony for a good recommendation.

because Japan is a great country to live in. No crime, no pollution, no chaos, extraordinary food, and people

Reactions: darucla
I do not disagree with that since i love the country and culture but if you want to maximize your money (unless you are rich), it has to be China or Taiwan.

QUOTE=Takkyu_wa_inochi;281188]because Japan is a great country to live in. No crime, no pollution, no chaos, extraordinary food, and people[/QUOTE]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
OP asked specifically about Japan, he must probably already be pretty much aware of this. Anyway yes, Japan is more expensive than China or Taiwan although its much much less true than 10 or 20 years ago for sure, especially if you go out of Tokyo.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few parts of China are more expensive than Japan

This user has no status.
Here is another one: https://www.shitennoji.ed.jp/stnnj/
Best girls school team the last years.

Was that for junior high school too? If she's 12, she'll be in junior high school and the website didn't list a table tennis club for junior high.

Also, I got the impression he was looking for a club, not an actual school. You'll have to enter the school and attend all their regular classes too if you choose that route.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
OP asked specifically about Japan, he must probably already be pretty much aware of this. Anyway yes, Japan is more expensive than China or Taiwan although its much much less true than 10 or 20 years ago for sure, especially if you go out of Tokyo.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few parts of China are more expensive than Japan

I’m pretty sure if you go to the best schools or simply get the best coach, and living in the big 3 cities in china, it won’t come off far from the cost in japan

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi