Back to Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1. LucasMcCaine is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 36 200
    LucasMcCaine's Avatar
    LucasMcCaine is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 200 36
    #1

    Choosing between Nittaku 40+ premium or Butterfly's 40+

    Hi guys ,its that time already ( to buy balls) but the list is overwhelming ,so i norrowed it down to these two , any help would be apreciated ,thanks

  2. mart1nandersson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 751 1,085
    mart1nandersson's Avatar
    mart1nandersson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,085 751
    #2
    Both balls are not very popular around here. Especially the BTY S/G40+ are horrible.

    Buy the DHS D40+ if you’re on a tight budget or the Stiga Perform which is a bit more expensive. Both balls are made in the same factory and play very similar but the Stiga balls seem to undergo a more strict QA process thus being a bit more consistent.

    The Following 5 Users Like mart1nandersson's Post:

    LucasMcCaine, sampletext and 3 others


  3. Carl05 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 44 51
    Carl05's Avatar
    Carl05 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 51 44

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2018
    Spain
    51
    44
    233
    Read 0 Reviews
    #3
    Nittaku and DHS (the new one) are the best for my taste.

    The Following User Likes Carl05's Post:

    LucasMcCaine


  4. suds79 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 1,170 851
    suds79's Avatar
    suds79 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 851 1,170
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mart1nandersson
    Both balls are not very popular around here. Especially the BTY S/G40+ are horrible.

    Buy the DHS D40+ if you’re on a tight budget or the Stiga Perform which is a bit more expensive. Both balls are made in the same factory and play very similar but the Stiga balls seem to undergo a more strict QA process thus being a bit more consistent.
    I wish people around here felt that way. Here in the states, a lot (not all) of USATT tournaments are played with the Nittaku ball and for that reason, I think some players here just automatically assume it's vastly superior like it's gospel. I also think that stupid price also aids in that. Honestly, there are a lot of people out there who will assume something is of higher quality partially because it's more expensive.

    Anyways, from what I've seen, the DHS D40+ ball is vastly superior. It's softer & flexes every so slightly more. So I think it spins better and for sure has less breaks & cracks.

    You run any hardbat tournament using those Nittaku balls and I feel sorry for your tournament organizers who see a lot of cash going out the window.

    The Following 3 Users Like suds79's Post:

    deams59, LucasMcCaine and 1 other


  5. Shifu is offline
    says CHO!
     
    Senior TTD Member 600 756
    Shifu's Avatar
    Shifu is offline
    says CHO!
     
    Senior TTD Member 756 600

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2017
    Europe
    756
    600
    2217
    Read 2 Reviews
    #5
    The Nittaku ball IS vastly superior. The QA is two levels better. Not saying that there are no good DHS balls, it’s just that you sometimes get a bad batch. Never had that with Nittaku. Those are always 100% round for me.

    The Following 2 Users Like Shifu's Post:

    LucasMcCaine and thomas.pong


  6. suds79 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 1,170 851
    suds79's Avatar
    suds79 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 851 1,170
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian
    The Nittaku ball IS vastly superior. The QA is two levels better. Not saying that there are no good DHS balls, it’s just that you sometimes get a bad batch. Never had that with Nittaku. Those are always 100% round for me.
    And I'm good with you feeling that way. I guess what gets me, and not saying this is you, but to me it seems there are a lot of Nittaku snobs out there. We live in an age where there's several plastic balls. To some level, we all have to adapt and be willing to play with a different ball.

    Here in the states for example, I believe it's the Joola ball, the butterly ball and the Nittaku ball approved for USATT events. So some of these people might have to play with a different ball than what they want if they show up to "X" tournament.

    But there's this one guy at our club who will not play a match, practice, whatever unless we do it with the Nittaku ball and it just irks me I suppose given our club pays to supply DHS balls. He brings his 1 ball and we're chasing, bending down and picking up that one ball after every point. I'm 40 and mindful of wear & tear on my knees & back.

    He's not the only one who feels this way. For one reason or another, there are those Nittaku ball snobs out there. Just my impressions.

    The Following User Likes suds79's Post:

    LucasMcCaine

    Last edited by suds79; 07-11-2019 at 02:36 PM.

  7. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,739 5,840
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,840 2,739
    #7
    Sanwei 40+ is worth it unless you really have a lot to spend then Nittaku Premium.

    The Following 3 Users Like yogi_bear's Post:

    chuckjordan2, LucasMcCaine and 1 other


  8. vik2000 is offline
    says Spin for life
     
    Advanced TTD Member 227 406
    V
    vik2000 is offline
    says Spin for life
     
    Advanced TTD Member 406 227
    #8
    Nittaku premium is top notch, but I can't justify the price. I stick with DHS. I have played with Joola as well and they are great also.

    Many people might not be aware but XuShaoFa makes very high quality balls at great prices. We use that here in our league sometimes. I actually prefer XSF slightly more than DHS and will likely start using them once my DHS batch runs out.

    The Following User Likes vik2000's Post:

    LucasMcCaine


  9. mart1nandersson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 751 1,085
    mart1nandersson's Avatar
    mart1nandersson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,085 751
    #9
    The Nittaku is very consistent but most people around here don’t like the bounce and the way it behaves in general. Go to anywhere you have elite level players training and you will very rarely find anything other than the two balls that I mentioned (unless the club/team is sponsored by Butterfly).

    The Following 2 Users Like mart1nandersson's Post:

    LucasMcCaine and thomas.pong


  10. Brs is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 630 605
    B
    Brs is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 605 630

    User Info Menu


    Oct 2015
    Christmas Island
    605
    630
    1893
    Read 0 Reviews
    #10
    One thing most players can agree on is that the Bty G40+ is horrible. If thise two are your choices go with the NP3* every time.

    The Following User Likes Brs's Post:

    LucasMcCaine


  11. mart1nandersson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 751 1,085
    mart1nandersson's Avatar
    mart1nandersson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,085 751
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Brs
    One thing most players can agree on is that the Bty G40+ is horrible. If thise two are your choices go with the NP3* every time.
    And the S40+ is even worse. It plays in one way for about 30 minutes until the white powder has rubbed off and then it starts behaving like the G40+. Unplayable. That factory should focus on their core business which is balls for roll-on deodorant.

    The Following 2 Users Like mart1nandersson's Post:

    LucasMcCaine and thomas.pong


  12. RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,140 1,662
    R
    RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,662 1,140
    #12
    This is hands down the best ball I've ever played with: https://www.prott.vip/Product-Detail...ctcode=D40ITTF

    DHS has clearly improved upon their manufacturing process or QC compared to regular D40+. It leaves very little residue on the rubber compared to other balls, and the price is a joke. I've purchased 5 boxes but gonna get more. With with price this should also be the ball to do multiball with. Why practice with a lesser ball?

    The Following User Likes RidTheKid's Post:

    LucasMcCaine


  13. JHB is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 207 431
    JHB's Avatar
    JHB is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 431 207
    #13
    Every Butterfly 40+ ball I've used has been awful, they haven't made a decent ball since the celluloid days - although I've not tried the S40+ yet. Nittaku Premium are excellent so long as you bin them once they start to go shiny, otherwise Sanwei ABS 40+ Pro or DHS D40+ are the best way to go.
    Second/spare blade: Joola K7 with Tibhar Evolution MX-P (forehand) and MX-S (backhand)

  14. symbat is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 23 84
    S
    symbat is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 84 23
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by mart1nandersson
    And the S40+ is even worse. It plays in one way for about 30 minutes until the white powder has rubbed off and then it starts behaving like the G40+. Unplayable. That factory should focus on their core business which is balls for roll-on deodorant.
    I experienced this same thing with the A40+ ball. I bought a batch of the DoubleFish V40+ and they play a lot like the A40+, but they do not lose their texture like the A40+. I got a bunch from Aliexpress.
    I have only been playing for about a year, so please take that into consideration when considering any advice I try to give you. Thanks.

  15. Amaken23 is offline
    says Left handed backhand machine !!
     
    TTD Member 18 40
    A
    Amaken23 is offline
    says Left handed backhand machine !!
     
    TTD Member 40 18
    #15
    I have played with both DHS 40+, Nittaku 3* Premium, Andro 3*, etc. and I can say without any doubt, worst ones were DHS 40+ 3* balls. I bought 12 of those and 3 broke during the same training session. 2 more broke 2 weeks later. I never had such bad batch of balls. Bought Nittaku 3* Premium after this and I'm never changing from that The best balls by far from my experience.

  16. thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 760 1,608
    thomas.pong's Avatar
    thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,608 760
    #16
    I have played with almost all 3-stars plastic balls out there and the Nittaku Premium is by far the best: always round, good bounce and the best spin of any plastic ball.

    Now if you play at a facility where the flooring and tables are good and bouncy, the D40+ are a fine choice, although they used to be a lot better in quality when they first came out than nowadays, they also get hella dirty and don't stay white now which is bothersome. I use to order them for my club for training but I've now switched to the Nittaku J-Top which behaves like a good 3-star ball although it's a training ball.

    Stay away from all Butterfly balls, they're terrible, except for the A40+ which is actually fine but very expensive and not as good nor as durable as the NP.

    The Following User Likes thomas.pong's Post:

    Amaken23

    Last edited by thomas.pong; 07-11-2019 at 08:48 PM.

  17. RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,140 1,662
    R
    RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,662 1,140
    #17
    Strange, never had any issues with DHS D40+. Have you tried the World Tour version?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amaken23
    I have played with both DHS 40+, Nittaku 3* Premium, Andro 3*, etc. and I can say without any doubt, worst ones were DHS 40+ 3* balls. I bought 12 of those and 3 broke during the same training session. 2 more broke 2 weeks later. I never had such bad batch of balls. Bought Nittaku 3* Premium after this and I'm never changing from that The best balls by far from my experience.

  18. RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,140 1,662
    R
    RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,662 1,140
    #18
    A40+ is good, it's made by DHS as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas.pong
    I have played with almost all 3-stars plastic balls out there and the Nittaku Premium is by far the best: always round, good bounce and the best spin of any plastic ball.

    Now if you play at a facility where the flooring and tables are good and bouncy, the D40+ are a fine choice, although they used to be a lot better in quality when they first came out than nowadays, they also get hella dirty and don't stay white now which is bothersome. I use to order them for my club for training but I've now switched to the Nittaku J-Top which behaves like a good 3-star ball although it's a training ball.

    Stay away from all Butterfly balls, they're terrible, except for the A40+ which is actually fine but very expensive and not as good nor as durable as the NP.

    The Following User Likes RidTheKid's Post:

    thomas.pong


  19. Amaken23 is offline
    says Left handed backhand machine !!
     
    TTD Member 18 40
    A
    Amaken23 is offline
    says Left handed backhand machine !!
     
    TTD Member 40 18
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by RidTheKid
    Strange, never had any issues with DHS D40+. Have you tried the World Tour version?
    Those were the ones I bought :
    https://revspin.net/balls/dhs-40-plus-3-star.html

    I am not buying DHS balls again. Nittaku 3* Premium are the best for me, I recently bought Nittaku J-Top training ball and it is good.

  20. thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 760 1,608
    thomas.pong's Avatar
    thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,608 760
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by RidTheKid
    Strange, never had any issues with DHS D40+. Have you tried the World Tour version?
    Yea, it's very strange indeed, they get very dirty and lose their white shine very quickly. I've bought so many boxes of D40+ for my club over the past 2 years, didn't use to get this problem the first year but I do now. This doesn't happen with the Nittakus, the crappy G40+, Tibhar etc. which all stay relatively white ans shiny even if dirty.

    I haven't tried the World Tour version, I'm sure those are fine, but they're quite a bit more expensive than the regular D40+ 3* for training so I'm gonna stick to the J-Top for that and the Premium for competition.
    Last edited by thomas.pong; 07-11-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.