T2 Diamond 2019 | Malaysia

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Hate to be right.

ZYL isn't called "專殺熟" for nothing.

Yet, CM stuck to her nickname - Ms Open. She has never won the Asian Cup, or anything continental and beyond for that matter. WTTC 2019 will be the last straw if she wants to play at Tokyo 2020. Even reaching the final won't be enough.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
The reason is that Zhu Yuling and Chen Meng will play in the World Cup.

But LSW has lost out in a lot of ranking points with her absence in Australian Open and T2 Diamond. Perhaps the one to be replaced in ZYL since her chances are the lowest among the six candidates (DN, LSW, CM, ZYL, WMY, SYS) for Olympics.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
But LSW has lost out in a lot of ranking points with her absence in Australian Open and T2 Diamond. Perhaps the one to be replaced in ZYL since her chances are the lowest among the six candidates (DN, LSW, CM, ZYL, WMY, SYS) for Olympics.

LSW - nr.5 in the rating list for August ....13690....And these points will not change in the rating list for September ....Neither Ishikawa nor SYS will be able to bypass the LSW in September ...
(SYS - nr.7)

(But Ito has theoretically good chances to get around Ishikawa and SYS next month ....Theoretically ... How she will play in Bulgaria and the Czech Republic ....

Last edited:
Jan 2018

Oh, things are different this time. If I interpret the rules right, LSW will automatically qualify as the current World Champ per rule 1.2, and Zhu Yuling will qualify as the Asian Cup winner per rule 2.2.

https://ittf.cdnomega.com/eu/2019/02/MWC_WWC_QUAL_SYSTEM.pdf
1. PARTICIPANTS
1.2. The current World Champion shall be automatically qualified.
1.3. Seventeen (17) additional players shall qualify through the Continental Cups or an equivalent type of tournament.
1.5. If a host association player is already qualified through items 1.2 or 1.3 above, then an additional player shall be added from the Continental Cups.
1.7. There shall not be more than 2 players from an Association.

2. CONTINENTAL QUALIFICATION SYSTEM
2.2. The winner of each Continental Cup, plus the second (2nd) and third (3rd)highest finishers from Asia and Europe and the second (2nd) highest finisher from Pan America shall qualify, for a total of ten (10) players.
2.3. Seven (7) additional players shall be selected from the Continental Cups based on their order of finishing and their World Ranking:
2.3.1. The highest ranked player amongst players finishing second (2nd) in Africa and Oceania,third (3rd)in Pan America, and fourth (4th)in Asia and Europe, shall be selected.​
2.3.2. The highest ranked next player from the remaining players in the topmost place on the qualifying positions from each Continental Cup, shall be selected, and so on, until the seven (7) players are selected, or eight (8) players if the host association player has already qualified.​

3. SUBSTITUTIONS
3.2. If the World Champion is not available or withdraws, he or she shall be replaced by the remaining highest ranked and highest finisher from the Continental Cups according to the system described in item 2.3.2 above.

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Ma Long is not happy with the loss LOL. But it was not a real match and they both know it.

Yes, ML really had a hard time keeping his composure. He did, though, eventually, although I personally expected a compliment or two in LYJ’s direction. Earned, great rallies.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
It's not even about ML's state or whether he has any disturbances that shocked me, It's his play in general, I think he wasn't really cognisant of what was happening in the court and it led to the loss, majority of his serves were to the forehand and middle , Lin flicked them and he kept playing back to the forehand, The kid picked on it and when he used the chiquita, he didn't bother rushing to the backhand like other players do, he just hammered the ball back into Ma's backhand and drew so many errors. Also from the first point Ma was just blocking with the backhand, very minimal countering, started to counter in the fast 5 but that wouldn't deter the kid, Good game LYJ, very tactically astute, Honestly he could have won that match 4-1, he missed so many easy forehand kills on high receives from ML in the first two- three sets, Seems except LGY that's recently become bread and butter for ML in recent times unlike before, ML is struggling against lefties the most now XX, LJH, KK, LYJ , if only Gaoyuan didn't have too much respect

Jan 2018
Maybe it's been mentioned, but that male commentator is incredibly lousy. He knows nothing about the sport. How did he get the job??? Some kind of nepotism or favors/money owed somehow.

Believe it or not. John Burgess used to be the go-to commentator for ITTF 10 years ago. He commentates for many other sports as well.

Reactions: AndroidRX93
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
So he knows nothing about many things? Brilliant.

Believe it or not. John Burgess used to be the go-to commentator for ITTF 10 years ago. He commentates for many other sports as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
A little thought.

Parties in table tennis can be divided into two types - with the overwhelming advantage of one player, a total of 16 points or less (11-5.11-3, etc.) and with more or less equal game, 17 points or more (11-8 , 11-9 and so on).

I argue that the second type (equal game) is more interesting.

Similarly, matches. The overwhelming advantage (4-0, 4-1) and equal fight (4-2, 4-3). And again, I assert that equal fight is more interesting.

A separate intermediate case when 4-0, but in all games equal fight is 11-9 or something like that, but for now we’ll omit this option.

So, if you look from this point of view - an equal fight is more interesting - the new rules of the game at the T2 tournament reduce the time of the competition almost exclusively due to interesting games and matches, and practically do not affect less interesting games with an overwhelming advantage.

Thus, I argue that the "average interest of competition" due to these rules decreases, since everything that is boring remains, and the interesting is greatly cutted.

And that means (for me) unsuccessful rule changes.

Does anyone see flaws in these arguments?

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
And in the breaks we hear Adam Bobrow over the PA, and next to John Burgess sits Jill Parker who does know quite a bit about TT but rarely gets to put in a word.

These things I find a bit strange, but then again, many things are. Such as ML’s BH passivity, or LGY’s placement patterns. In these cases of confusement I just assume there’s something eloping me.