T2 Diamond 2019 | Malaysia

This user has no status.
Great win for Franziska over LJQ. He is legitimately a top tier player now, especially his BH, such high quality shots. He just needs more confidence. Franz and Dima are probably the hope for German table tennis for the next few years.
I wish Dima played better at T2.

Reactions: phorkyas
This user has no status.
Great win for Franziska over LJQ. He is legitimately a top tier player now, especially his BH, such high quality shots. He just needs more confidence. Franz and Dima are probably the hope for German table tennis for the next few years.
I wish Dima played better at T2.
The thing is we've seen it happen many times before where a player, who usually doesn't perform outstandingly well, performs above what you'd expect from him/her at a couple of tournaments (e.g Ionescu ETTC 2018) and then they go back to their normal form where they don't produce results that are as impressive. I hope i'm wrong but it's probably the same case with Franziska right now.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Maybe, but now Franz needs to work even harder. It's easy to get complacent after some success but now he really needs to step on the gas pedal with his practice and match structure. Best would be if he could get into CSL and meet world class players more often. If you don't have anyone to push you to bring out your potential it's never gonna become a real level. My old boss would always say after an employee in his group made a sell with a high order value (work in sales) that "now you've reached a new lowest level" to push us forward, and it works, for those who wanna make it work :)

The thing is we've seen it happen many times before where a player, who usually doesn't perform outstandingly well, performs above what you'd expect from him/her at a couple of tournaments (e.g Ionescu ETTC 2018) and then they go back to their normal form where they don't produce results that are as impressive. I hope i'm wrong but it's probably the same case with Franziska right now.

Reactions: JesperStef
This user has no status.
It seems that the "not in a good shape" illness occured in the CNT. Liang Jingkun knocked out maybe due to bad strategies and Chen Meng destroyed by Miyu Kato. Hopefully they can settle this problem in the future. Fan Zhendong also must recover as soon as possible.

The next bigger event this year is the World Cup in Chengdu. This event is the first indicator for the CNT who will carry the success.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I thought it'd be the ATTC and T2 CHN in Sep?

Jan 2018
The reason is that Zhu Yuling and Chen Meng will play in the World Cup.