T2 Diamond 2019 | Malaysia

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Anyone know why no Korean players are participating? I would imagine some of them must have been invited as at least Jang woojin and Lee sangsu are in the top 15, and Jeoung youngsik in the top 20.
Cut off for the T2 Diamond Malaysia was the 2019 ITTF World Tour Points accumulated after the China Open. I guess those two did not have enough points by the cut-off.

This user has no status.
I really think it's stupid to have T2 so soon after a platinum world tour event.
I hope ML and WCQ withdraw from T2. Small amount of ranking points and money are not worth the injuries.
They should really rest and recover. LSW made the right call.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I really think it's stupid to have T2 so soon after a platinum world tour event.
I hope ML and WCQ withdraw from T2. Small amount of ranking points and money are not worth the injuries.
They should really rest and recover. LSW made the right call.

A billionaire is funding this, you really have to be injured not to want to play.

You know, honestly, I'm not super fussed with the packed scheduling.

Players just need to stop treating every platinum tournament as a must attend. Maybe the number of your top results counted towards your WR can/needs to be adjusted slightly down to account for this.

But players/coaching infrastructure need to do their own load management. They need to actively sit out tournaments even without an existing injury to prevent over stressing their bodies.

This might not be great financially for the tournaments themselves, if there are constantly top players missing from each tournament. But that's the tournament organisers' problem to worry about.

Players/Coaches need to worry about the well being of the players, and if they feel the players are able to handle that extra tournament, that's their individual risk to take.

It can only be a good thing that there are "too many" tournaments, but players need to be responsible for their own load management, and realise it's OK to take a rest.

Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
For FZD, the problem is mostly psychological.
For Harimoto, the problem is mostly technical.
I hope they both resolve their issues and move forward as better players.

The Roumanian gonna to play with pink rose rubber. ITTF not approved, as yet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
But players/coaching infrastructure need to do their own load management. They need to actively sit out tournaments even without an existing injury to prevent over stressing their bodies.

the mindset is that today you sit out a tournament, in a year you end up sitting out the Olympics. No one in CNT or JNT is safe, especially on the women's side. On the men's side I guess Ma Long and Tomo are almost certainly gonna be chosen, but if Ma Long slips and Xu Xin continues on and Fan Zhendong recovers to his 2017 form, then who knows. Tomo needs to chill though, his recent failures scream burn out.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The atmosphere feels like a concert.

First up we are greeted by the eye candy.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
t2 diamond's servers can't handle the traffic... maybe they should have spent some of the prize money on servers