T2 Diamond 2019 | Malaysia

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
As far as anecdotal evidence carries, I actually have heard non-Chinese players mentioning injury as a reason for suboptimal gameplay, both incidentally and as reasons for longer bouts of lower performance levels. Boll, Ovtcharov, Maze, Petrissa Solja. Waldner, Schlager, Gatien… I think almost every pro runs into injury, once or twice, and for some it's effectively the end of their career (Maze, ZJK).

I was referring to the fanboys who jump to the players defense after a loss

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
reeducation camp for FZD

Well, there might be some semblances of truth to this joke. FZD has pulled out (or was pulled out of?) of National Championships alongside Ma Long, Xu Xin, Liu Shiwen and Ding Ning. The latter four cited that they need more time to rest which is understandable considering that they are the 'elderly' on the team but Fan? Clearly he's in need of other forms of help.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Well, there might be some semblances of truth to this joke. FZD has pulled out (or was pulled out of?) of National Championships alongside Ma Long, Xu Xin, Liu Shiwen and Ding Ning. The latter four cited that they need more time to rest which is understandable considering that they are the 'elderly' on the team but Fan? Clearly he's in need of other forms of help.
I saw news on some Chinese websites that there is some discussion that LGL should personally groom FZD now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Well I think there is no point sending the obvious Olympics hopefuls to the Nationals. Age or not, I think FZD deserves that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I saw news on some Chinese websites that there is some discussion that LGL should personally groom FZD now.

Haha yeah, but that's like over-stretching things IMO. Nonetheless, Xinhua released a Tokyo 2020 Olympics promotional video for Team China yesterday and FZD was one of the four (other three being ML, LSW and DN) to appear in it, leading some to speculate that these quartet have been guaranteed places for next year and hence the swift approvals for their withdrawals from National.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Haha yeah, but that's like over-stretching things IMO. Nonetheless, Xinhua released a Tokyo 2020 Olympics promotional video for Team China yesterday and FZD was one of the four (other three being ML, LSW and DN) to appear in it, leading some to speculate that these quartet have been guaranteed places for next year and hence the swift approvals for their withdrawals from National.

Strange not to see one of Wang manyu, chen meng, sun yingsha or among the female players

It's nice to see that foreigners are starting to challenge the Chinese top players and produce all of these upsets. Though I still think if ML and FZD can get back into their proper form it will be very hard for anyone to beat them. That's just my opinion though.

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Strange not to see one of Wang manyu, chen meng, sun yingsha or among the female players

It's a promotional video so I think they just need to use the most popular names and faces. I wouldn't draw any conclusion from it wrt who's going to Tokyo.

Reactions: Janard
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
We ain't see nothing until its World Championships or Olympics... so take everything with a pinch of salt.

It's nice to see that foreigners are starting to challenge the Chinese top players and produce all of these upsets. Though I still think if ML and FZD can get back into their proper form it will be very hard for anyone to beat them. That's just my opinion though.

Reactions: Zaid323918
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
They don't care about that much unless somebody is targetting a grandslam .. remember the time it was held in US and the women's team did not send any ... there is a reason why non Chinese players have a better record in World Cup compared to other competitions anyways ... normally they knock off 2 or 3 of those before they start chasing the others ...
The World Cup should be interesting