T2 Diamond 2019 | Malaysia

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Xu Xin kind of destroyed Falck Mattias... the world championships finalist.
Just shows what form XX is in. FAN Zhendond vs XuXin now in the semis will be a joy to watch.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
*Almost* glad? You're seriously saying you'd rather see ML win this match instead of LYJ?
I'm seriously saying I want to see ML win every match. I love how he plays table tennis, coming the closest to mastering most of its intricate and power aspects.

When he is playing his best its a thing of beauty to behold. Unfortunately, he is fighting against an undefeated opponent, Father Time.

This user has no status.
I'm seriously saying I want to see ML win every match. I love how he plays table tennis, coming the closest to mastering most of its intricate and power aspects.

When he is playing his best its a thing of beauty to behold. Unfortunately, he is fighting against an undefeated opponent, Father Time.
Do you want TT to get more recognition around the world? Because as long as players like ML and other chinese players keep winning it's not gonna happen. I know i just seem like a China hater but the only reason i "hate" them is that they prevent the sport from getting the recognition it deserves. At this point i wouldn't care if they lose on purpose as long as they just lose.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Yes, certainly. They do tests and we can discuss the results, can't we?

Any discussion is premature at this point. 1st of all, many players are visibly drained after 2 months of non-stop action. Quite a few of them are also not familiar with the match format. It won't hurt to wait until the next 2 stops of T2 wrap up before making judgment.

FWIW, some of the netizens on Tieba state that they actually find the T2 match format very exciting and enjoyable.

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6200088322
另外,当初国际乒联刚改公开赛积分规则时,也是一片骂声,事实证明,改后怕两年内无论国乒还是国外都是新人辈出,赛事精彩度不断加大,上座率也爆增,对乒乓推广功劳极大。同样T2的新赛制也是一样,未来会成为国际联赛制的典范。总之说来创新中国乒协真不行,真不如国际乒联。一个国内乒超都快搞不动了
(In addition, when the ITTF changed the World Ranking system, there was also an outcry. As it turns out, both CNT and foreign countries have seen newcomers crop up in the past 2 years, the popularity of the events continues to rise and the attendance rate has also increased, playing a huge role in promoting table tennis. The same is true for the new T2 tier, which will become a model for the international league system in the future. All in all, the CTTA pales in innovation, miles behind the ITTF. The CTTSL is now on life support)

Last edited:
Reactions: phorkyas
This user has no status.
Do you want TT to get more recognition around the world? Because as long as players like ML and other chinese players keep winning it's not gonna happen. I know i just seem like a China hater but the only reason i "hate" them is that they prevent the sport from getting the recognition it deserves. At this point i wouldn't care if they lose on purpose as long as they just lose.
What kind of recognition are you talking about? Do you think that table tennis would be recognized around the world if the chinese lost? Why do you want table tennis to be popular at all costs? Why we can't just play the game and enjoy it without thinking about its popularity?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
So China should revert to "friendship first" of the 1970s and give others a chance? How will purposefully losing matches make a sport more popular globally? It's an interesting perspective but match fixing is not an answer.

Jan 2018
Mizutani said after his 1st round loss to LYJ that he's gotten weaker such that his strike zone is so narrow, but he will bounce back from here on out as he will work with a new private coach starting this August, rumored to be a friend he made when he played in the TTBL years ago.

https://hochi.news/articles/20190719-OHT1T50297.html
https://hochi.news/articles/20190719-OHT1T50217.html
 水谷は現状を冷静に受け止めた。初戦で台湾のホープにストレート負け。「凡ミスが昔に比べて格段に多くなった。ストライクゾーンがものすごく狭くなっていて、単純に自分が弱くなってきてるなというのを感じる」と自己分析した。

五輪代表選考レースの前半戦は不完全燃焼で終えたが、6月に30歳を迎えた年齢ゆえではなく「五輪を勝ち取るんだという気持ちがまだまだ弱い」と分析。逆襲に向け、手も打った。「8月から新しくプライベートコーチが就くので、転機になると思う」と明かした。

リオ五輪前の3年間は邱建新氏と専属コーチ契約を結び、銅メダルに輝いた。その後はコーチ不在だったが「邱さんがすごく力になってくれたので、そういう人がいてくれた方がプラス。悔いなく卓球人生を終えるためにも、やれるだけのことはやりたい」。あえて名は伏せたが、関係者によるとドイツ留学時からの旧知の間柄だという。「必ずここから復活する。そのために少し休んで切り替えて、また頑張りたい」。新コーチと二人三脚で巻き返す。

This user has no status.
What kind of recognition are you talking about? Do you think that table tennis would be recognized around the world if the chinese lost? Why do you want table tennis to be popular at all costs? Why we can't just play the game and enjoy it without thinking about its popularity?
Because when players from other countries will see that the Chinese are beatable, it will give them motivation to train harder and then everyone will be on the same playing level. This is the problem and the thing that me the most, that the difference of level between China and the rest of the world is so vast. It's what makes matches between a Chinese player and a Non Chinese player so frustrating to watch. Thankfully we do have a few players like LYJ and Harimoto for example, who's level are at least somewhat closer to the Chinese, but the ideal thing would be that most non chinese players be in the same level at least as LYJ and Harimoto.

Jan 2018
...It's what makes matches between a Chinese player and a Non Chinese player so frustrating to watch. Thankfully we do have a few players like LYJ and Harimoto for example, who's level are at least somewhat closer to the Chinese, but the ideal thing would be that most non chinese players be in the same level at least as LYJ and Harimoto.

It frustrates me even MOAR to see 2 ethnic Chinese being cited as examples. So friggin' frustrating that the world has to turn to the Chinese to beat THE Chinese!

If you can't beat them, join them, or ban them like the 'Murica!

This user has no status.
It frustrates me even MOAR to see 2 ethnic Chinese being cited as examples. So friggin' frustrating that the world has to turn to the Chinese to beat THE Chinese!

If you can't beat them, join them, or ban them like the 'Murica!
I don't consider Harimoto and LYJ as Chinese. One is a Japanese with Chinese parents and the other is Taiwanese.

Reactions: mrk
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I don't consider Harimoto and LYJ as Chinese. One is a Japanese with Chinese parents and the other is Taiwanese.

And all I here is blah blah nation blah blah nation blah talk. Apparently arbitrary lines on the map matter to some.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yes but it is not a real match. I know you love the boy but that is the bottom line. When there is no deuce, it changes the match dynamics significantly.

Lin outplayed Ma Long. But it is not a real match.

If it is not a real match, then why is Ma Long so upset?
You seem to know something more than Ma Long himself lol

I guess you need to be in the shoes of a pro more.
These guys are all professional. If they enter a tournament, what ever the rules are, they are fully committed and serious
Look at all the upsets - do you think they are sad about it, or all don't care attitude because its not a real match?

Ma Long should of won 4-0, before the 5s comes into play. Its 1 level different, not same level players
Facts NL, facts, got nothing to do with who I love or who I don't love.

Last edited:
Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Don't both have Chinese Ancestry influence from coaches ?

wow, if that is the logic, then half of European non ethnic Chinese players are all part of the this Chinese ancestry influence from Coaches.

let me bring in North America too.

South American is more Japanese, while Australia is mix of Chinese and Korean.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
And all I here is blah blah nation blah blah nation blah talk. Apparently arbitrary lines on the map matter to some.

hahaha yeah

Its like some calling Lily Zhang of USA Chinese.
I don't go around calling a white Australian or a white American a Brit
its 21st century, the human race has been migrating for generations already.
a high percentage of the world is Han Chinese, a high percentage of the world is Indian. So its normal if every few people you come across on this planet, 1 will be Han Chinese, the other being an Indian

For any Han Chinese decedents who does well in Table Tennis, they have been labeled as Chinese.
These people really need to catch up as how the other ethnic groups are labeled correctly

Last edited:
Reactions: phorkyas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
If it is not a real match, then why is Ma Long so upset?
You seem to know something more than Ma Long himself lol

I guess you need to be in the shoes of a pro more.
These guys are all professional. If they enter a tournament, what ever the rules are, they are fully committed and serious
Look at all the upsets - do you think they are sad about it, or all don't care attitude because its not a real match?

Ma Long should of won 4-0, before the 5s comes into play. Its 1 level different, not same level players
Facts NL, facts, got nothing to do with who I love or who I don't love.

I am a good friend of a national level coach so there is no need to patronize and just about everyone in my circle has connections of some sort to what goes on on the Nigerian national team. I was the first person to point out that Ma Long was upset and I have said he was outplayed by Lin Yin Ju. So my assessment is that the match had rules that that more easily upset Ma Long (alternate serving, no deuce) than Lin. Are you disputing this?

Ma Long should have won sure but I think his inexperience with Lin's improvement hurt him badly and the alternate serving games are unlike anything in TT. Ma Long has been struggling recently with players below Lin's level. These are facts. If you don't acknowledge them then you simply just think that everyone has to agree with you.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I am a good friend of a national level coach so there is no need to patronize and just about everyone in my circle has connections of some sort to what goes on on the Nigerian national team. I was the first person to point out that Ma Long was upset and I have said he was outplayed by Lin Yin Ju. So my assessment is that the match had rules that that more easily upset Ma Long (alternate serving, no deuce) than Lin. Are you disputing this?

Ma Long should have won sure but I think his inexperience with Lin's improvement hurt him badly. Ma Long has been struggling recently with players below Lin's level. These are facts. If you don't acknowledge them then you simply just think that everyone has to agree with you.

The same "fake match" rules that you are debating that affected Ma Long also affected Lin
So I can't understand why alternative serving is now a problem for a grand slam wold champion that some call the GOAT

If you say Ma Long is just in bad form, then i'm cool
But making all these excuses is just really an insult to Ma Long. The GOAT needs a deuce to win? He can't work with alternate serving in 5s?

Ma Long took it very serious but he just had no answer to Lin BH winners and Lin's close to table off the bounce attacks
It has nothing to do with this "fake" match, or "special" rules.
He lost it in the first 2 games.

ITTF is calling this fake/not real thing a real match, real enough that it counts to the World Ranking.
So how ever fake/not real people think it is, it is serious stuff, thus it deserved to be called Real

Last edited: