Z
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 550 498

User Info Menu

Mar 2019
    Germany
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by yoass
    As far as anecdotal evidence carries, I actually have heard non-Chinese players mentioning injury as a reason for suboptimal gameplay, both incidentally and as reasons for longer bouts of lower performance levels. Boll, Ovtcharov, Maze, Petrissa Solja. Waldner, Schlager, Gatien… I think almost every pro runs into injury, once or twice, and for some it's effectively the end of their career (Maze, ZJK).
    I was referring to the fanboys who jump to the players defense after a loss

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 13,490 9,152
    N
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 9,152 13,490

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RidTheKid
    Only if "holding it in" comes natural and not forced. He really could be this cool and then he's not holding anything in, really
    Koki Niwa style...
    Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 4,422 3,681
    T
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 3,681 4,422
    tbh .. I saw a little bit of waldner ... without any expression and more than normal ability to "see the ball early"
    Quote Originally Posted by NextLevel
    Koki Niwa style...

The Following User Likes ttmonster's Post:

phorkyas

Lets go Spinny Looping !

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 1,419 938
    J
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 938 1,419

User Info Menu

Nov 2018
    Singapore
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Takkyu_wa_inochi
    reeducation camp for FZD
    Well, there might be some semblances of truth to this joke. FZD has pulled out (or was pulled out of?) of National Championships alongside Ma Long, Xu Xin, Liu Shiwen and Ding Ning. The latter four cited that they need more time to rest which is understandable considering that they are the 'elderly' on the team but Fan? Clearly he's in need of other forms of help.

says Hello

Senior TTD Member 1,011 966
    D
    says Hello

Senior TTD Member 966 1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Janard
    Well, there might be some semblances of truth to this joke. FZD has pulled out (or was pulled out of?) of National Championships alongside Ma Long, Xu Xin, Liu Shiwen and Ding Ning. The latter four cited that they need more time to rest which is understandable considering that they are the 'elderly' on the team but Fan? Clearly he's in need of other forms of help.
    I saw news on some Chinese websites that there is some discussion that LGL should personally groom FZD now.

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 13,490 9,152
    N
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 9,152 13,490

User Info Menu

Well I think there is no point sending the obvious Olympics hopefuls to the Nationals. Age or not, I think FZD deserves that.
    Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 1,419 938
    J
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 938 1,419

User Info Menu

Nov 2018
    Singapore
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by drunix80
    I saw news on some Chinese websites that there is some discussion that LGL should personally groom FZD now.
    Haha yeah, but that's like over-stretching things IMO. Nonetheless, Xinhua released a Tokyo 2020 Olympics promotional video for Team China yesterday and FZD was one of the four (other three being ML, LSW and DN) to appear in it, leading some to speculate that these quartet have been guaranteed places for next year and hence the swift approvals for their withdrawals from National.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 32 59
    T
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 59 32

User Info Menu

Mar 2019
    Canada
    Read 0 Reviews
    Haha yeah, but that's like over-stretching things IMO. Nonetheless, Xinhua released a Tokyo 2020 Olympics promotional video for Team China yesterday and FZD was one of the four (other three being ML, LSW and DN) to appear in it, leading some to speculate that these quartet have been guaranteed places for next year and hence the swift approvals for their withdrawals from National.
    Strange not to see one of Wang manyu, chen meng, sun yingsha or among the female players

says Obey the Rules

Advanced TTD Member 180 459
    Z
    says Obey the Rules

Advanced TTD Member 459 180
    It's nice to see that foreigners are starting to challenge the Chinese top players and produce all of these upsets. Though I still think if ML and FZD can get back into their proper form it will be very hard for anyone to beat them. That's just my opinion though.

The Following User Likes Zaid323918's Post:

RidTheKid

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 366 271
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 271 366

User Info Menu

Jan 2019
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeoTeoTeo
    Strange not to see one of Wang manyu, chen meng, sun yingsha or among the female players
    It's a promotional video so I think they just need to use the most popular names and faces. I wouldn't draw any conclusion from it wrt who's going to Tokyo.

The Following User Likes pongfugrasshopper's Post:

Janard

This user has no status.

T
    This user has no status.

We ain't see nothing until its World Championships or Olympics... so take everything with a pinch of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaid323918
    It's nice to see that foreigners are starting to challenge the Chinese top players and produce all of these upsets. Though I still think if ML and FZD can get back into their proper form it will be very hard for anyone to beat them. That's just my opinion though.

The Following User Likes ttmonster's Post:

Zaid323918

Lets go Spinny Looping !

says Obey the Rules

Advanced TTD Member 180 459
    Z
    says Obey the Rules

Advanced TTD Member 459 180
    Quote Originally Posted by ttmonster
    We ain't see nothing until its World Championships or Olympics... so take everything with a pinch of salt.
    The World Cup should be interesting

This user has no status.

T
    This user has no status.

They don't care about that much unless somebody is targetting a grandslam .. remember the time it was held in US and the women's team did not send any ... there is a reason why non Chinese players have a better record in World Cup compared to other competitions anyways ... normally they knock off 2 or 3 of those before they start chasing the others ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaid323918
    The World Cup should be interesting
    Lets go Spinny Looping !

says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak

Master TTD Member 2,402 2,502
    says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak

Master TTD Member 2,502 2,402
    Quote Originally Posted by TeoTeoTeo
    Didn’t WMY and SYS retire in shame?

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122