Simon Gauzy training at the age of 11 in CHINA!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
As you do, browsing around YouTube, just stumbled across this gem! Rare footage of Simon Gauzy training at the age of 11 in China!

You can see the amount of feeling and control he had at the age of 11!

See for yourself below:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I was expecting him to be better at that age. He must have had a good developement after that.

I think he seem to have very nice feeling for spin and good technique But i think i have seen swedish players that are similar to this level around the same age and i think they Will have a hard time to reach the level gauzy is at now.

But i heard from Falcks old coach that he trained 4 trainings per week or often below that up to around the age of 14. Ans i think that must be considered little for a player that teach top ten in the world so there can be a alot alot of developement in few years i think.

It would be interesting to hear the mindset of the pros. How they thought when they were little or younger when they trained. Especially from the guys that are from somewhat Rich countries in europé where you Do not really have to become good in a sport for a good life. I think there is a different story in asian countries. I have also heard that china try to find players outside the big cities there it is still pole or very pole because they are more likely to become really good because they can really change their future and life it they become good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
He plays with chinese players so when he beat them he was more hungry for success.
Look at his Brother Paul...
The same family tree but different pressure and mentality

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Yeah Paul isn't doing bad but he was more promising a few years back.. By the way I got curious about his current rating http://www.fftt.com/pro/joueur.php?numero=319369 and apparently he is using the same Target Ultim as Akkuzu? I've never seen these in the wild, people either go Pro GT (very nice, esp 47 though I haven't tried 51) or down the classic route. Interesting.