How to fix the Lens on Hurricane Hao?

says Ballin
Hi,

for about 2 years I am playing with my HH1 now. Since about half year it sometimes started making a off "clicky" sound when playing . I can recreate it when i tap on the handle a little harder. When I put another finger on the lens and tap again, it is quiet. My friend told me it might be that the lens is loose. He also told me that on the blades he knows the lens is put in from the inside. Does anyone know how to fix that on dhs blades? (Are the glued from the top or the inside?)
Do you have any idea else from reglueing, that wouldnt hurt the lense or spill a whole amount of glue on it?

kind regards

Toby

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Do you actually feel the lens sitting loose? Can you wiggle it about, has it sunk in where it shouldn't be?

If that's the case, you might be able to get it in place again using a little suction cup (ie a toy arrow). You'll still have to fix it in place, though. A bit of glue might do that, but you'll need to get the glue inserted where it matters, which may be hard. And it may not work on these surfaces if you don't get them clean enough for the glue to form a proper bond.

A more radical approach would be in deconstructing the handle. I've done this on occasion by removing the rubbers, applying head to the handle and gently prying the handle loose using a flexible cutting knife. If the lens is fitted from within, you'll probably need to remove that handle half only and can work from there.

Be careful when taking apart, and equally careful when putting together. If this sounds too much like art class for you, well, sorry about that.

Last edited:
says Ballin
Hi,

thanks for the reply. I already tried grip tape with same noise still there.

I dont know if its a fracture though. It doesnt feel off. It just feels like something inside hitting a wall when shaking it a little harder. I would take off the side but I dont have a clue how I should start that. And I could break my beloved Hao.

kind regards

Toby