Jupiter II Max Tense

I'm currently testing the Jupiter II rubber on one of my blades. When I bounce the ball on it at low speed the bounces are short as expected for a Chinese rubber, when I put more speed there is a noticeable spring effect.

The packaging lists something called Max Tense, anybody knows what that is? Some sort of factory tuning? Can I expect it to wear off and after how long? I had the rubber glued for about a month but used it very little.

Julian

Last edited:
Marketing gimmick to sound like a tensor. The crossbow effect something was even funnier as a description. Anyway, Jupiter 3 is much better.
That still doesn't answer my main question though. And when was Jupiter 3 released, I'm not seeing it listed or reviewed anywhere.

Julian

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Max tense is something similiar to tensor but Its not playing like tensor.
Hard sponge soft topsheet and you have your max tense.
Yogi has his rights
Jupiter 3 looks very very promising.
THere is one YouTube review

Yeah, so?

Julian

Oh I am SOOOOO sorry that I didn't answer your question directly :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was pointing in the direction of these rubber reviews as a way to explain what the rubber does and how it performs. I thought that the post by NDH might give you an idea that it is "like" an ESN style, but not so bouncy, but not so flat as a typical Chinese hard rubber style.

so to be more "on-point"... (and straight from the Yinhe Catalogue that my friend gave me, so please take the translation loosely)

MAX TENSE means "Deep-strain". It is R&D by Yinhe especially or the post-internal-energy era without power glue. The high energy 'Arbalest sponge' matched with high performance gum and a series of appropriate chemical processes assure that MAX TENSE technology could completely surpass the common stretchen before.

To me it means...
Boosted
Tensioned (catapult effect as I have seen written on various suppliers :))

The packaging lists something called Max Tense, anybody knows what that is? Some sort of factory tuning? Can I expect it to wear off and after how long? I had the rubber glued for about a month but used it very little.

Julian

I have never tried Yinhe's jupiter personally, but there's this Yinhe Jupiter 2 for Japanese and Korean market (WRM and tak9 as main distributor) where they use spring sponge like the one in tensor rubber but the topsheet is chinese tacky.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?18622-Yinhe-Jupiter-2-Blue-Sponge

This user has no status.
Let me know your impressions.

Julian

Hey, I've been using 38 degrees Jupiter II on FH for close to 9 months now.
I play 3 times a week, 90 minutes per session. For me, the factory tuning lasts about 3 months.
Even though Jupiter II is factory tuned, you can still boost it for better performance.
I recommend adding one layer of falco long booster. I've started doing this recently.
But the rubber is still very good without additional boosting.
I recommend changing to a new sheet every 3 to 4 months if you play as much as I do.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Words like tense or tensor are just marketing words to fool the gullible.
Tensor is a mathematical term that has to do with matrices. It has nothing to do with tension.
Tension doesn't help with TT anyway. It is all marketing.

I don't understand cross bow effect or catapult effect. Both cross bows and catapults need energy before they can launch anything. A cross bow or catapult can store that energy until the projectile is launched. I think trampoline effect is much better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
I've used the Jupiter 2 in 39 degrees for quite some time now too, it plays like a softer, easier to use hurricane rubber. It reminds me never to buy hurricane again haha.

The max tense technology seems to be just softer topsheet as mentioned, and some factory tuning. 3 months seem like a long time - in my experience, the effect started to go after 3 weeks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Yeah.. agreed.

I use jupiter 2 38 degree best so far
factory tuned indeed like other said is correct. After 1 month you need to use booster like seamoon or falco and it will be miracle cheap forehand rubber

I have never tried Yinhe's jupiter personally, but there's this Yinhe Jupiter 2 for Japanese and Korean market (WRM and tak9 as main distributor) where they use spring sponge like the one in tensor rubber but the topsheet is chinese tacky.

Tensors do not use Spring Sponge.
Tenergy use Spring Sponge.
Tensors have absolutely different concept than the Spring Sponge.