Looking for a new blade

This user has no status.
Hi All,

I've come back to table tennis in the last year after a 10 year hiatus, and am looking to replace my old (fast) blade with something with a little more control. I am an attacking player who tends to loop on both sides when the opportunity arises.

The existing blade in question is a Butterfly Boll Tricarbon OFF+, which i first started using some 15 years or so ago and am aware it is a very fast blade that splits opinion. I use Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft rubbers on both BH and FH side.

Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I know that Tricarbon blade and am afraid near it. I think you can pick a blade at random and still be guaranteed to have something a bit more controlled...

Some have suggested blades. There are too many out there. Some are great to many, and many are great to some. None are great to all, and none are great to none. It depends.

Do you have a club, some players to meet who'll let you hit with their blades for a while? If you get that opportunity, you just might find some that suit you better than others and that might just help you find direction.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
I know that Tricarbon blade and am afraid near it. I think you can pick a blade at random and still be guaranteed to have something a bit more controlled...

Some have suggested blades. There are too many out there. Some are great to many, and many are great to some. None are great to all, and none are great to none. It depends.

Do you have a club, some players to meet who'll let you hit with their blades for a while? If you get that opportunity, you just might find some that suit you better than others and that might just help you find direction.

Thanks yoass, I appreciate the help. I used the tricarbon blade when I was younger and playing regularly at a much higher standard than now, however due to being a bit rusty, older and slower am not finding the consistency with it I used to have.

I will ask around at my club and try a couple of others before buying an alternative. The Tricarbon can be my back up with used rubbers on for when I want a bit more fun.

Reactions: thomas.pong