Stiga Mantra - possibly the best priced tensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stiga Mantra is a fast and spin-oriented tensor Made in Japan. It comes in H, M and S hardness and it has been already reviewed by the TTD team.

Its normal price is around 40 EUR, but it can regularly be found on Amazon for around 20 EUR if you are a little patient. At that price point I believe that it would be very hard to find a better rubber in the same class. The only downside that I can find it is that the sponge is delicate and does not do well with peeling and regluing. The solution is to remove it very carefully and not try to peel the remaining glue, just apply a fresh layer or two over it.

I currently have the H and M paired with a Butterfly Primorac and it's a pretty perfect match; the feel and feedback are amazing. I also had it on a Stiga OC and Palio Energy 03 but didn't like those combinations as much, on the OC it was very very loud. I prefer the M for being easier to play at my level.

Have you tried them?

Julian

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Stiga Mantra is a fast and spin-oriented tensor Made in Japan. It comes in H, M and S hardness and it has been already reviewed by the TTD team.

Its normal price is around 40 EUR, but it can regularly be found on Amazon for around 20 EUR if you are a little patient. At that price point I believe that it would be very hard to find a better rubber in the same class. The only downside that I can find it is that the sponge is delicate and does not do well with peeling and regluing. The solution is to remove it very carefully and not try to peel the remaining glue, just apply a fresh layer or two over it.

I currently have the H and M paired with a Butterfly Primorac and it's a pretty perfect match; the feel and feedback are amazing. I also had it on a Stiga OC and Palio Energy 03 but didn't like those combinations as much, on the OC it was very very loud. I prefer the M for being easier to play at my level.

Have you tried them?

Julian

Link Amazon seller or rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Really? Sounds like the perfect rubber. What's the response characteristics? And compared to what?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I like the m very much on my bh nore than t05, and t05fx which i used for some time. Though i havent tried mantra for long with my fh but it has potential specially the h.

Well, I may agree with everything you say about Stiga Mantra, with one exception - its Not a Tensor.
So, as its Not a Tensor, the statement of it being the best priced Tensor makes no sense at all. Its the same nonsense as to call it Tenergy, and then it would be the best priced Tenergy.

So - speak about Mantra, but without mentioning the word "Tensor".

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
So - speak about Mantra, but without mentioning the word "Tensor".

Most people refer to modern elastic rubbers as "tensors". Just like they call any paper towel a kleenex. And while that may bother you for whatever reason, it is your problem, not mine.

Julian

Link Amazon seller or rubber?
It is sold but Amazon itself and other sellers. There is no particular seller that I recommend, just search for Stiga Mantra and compare prices. The lower price might only be valid for a certain color or thickness but with patience you will find a deal on the one you like.

Julian

I tried Mantra M in the past and found it quite lacking in the spin department. Fast - hell yeah, great for hitters, no doubt. But if you like to loop, especially brush loop, there are better rubbers.
Among the rubbers that I own it has the most spin, but I am not an expert. I haven't heard anyone else say it lacks spin either.

I believe that wit Euro and Japanese rubbers you are not supposed to brush, but hit through the sponge. It's a different way of engaging the rubber.

Julian

Last edited:
Most people refer to modern elastic rubbers as "tensors". Just like they call any paper towel a kleenex. And while that may bother you for whatever reason, it is your problem, not mine.

Julian

No, thats not right.
Its the same foolishness as to say that BTYs are the most expensive tensors, because "most people refer to modern elastic rubbers as "tensors".

It bothers me, but not only me, because such mistakes are not good for the public face of the forum.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
It is sold but Amazon itself and other sellers. There is no particular seller that I recommend, just search for Stiga Mantra and compare prices. The lower price might only be valid for a certain color or thickness but with patience you will find a deal on the one you like.

Julian
Julian if you are still looking to buy it and come across a deal like what you have mentioned - a posting here will be appreciated.

Julian if you are still looking to buy it and come across a deal like what you have mentioned - a posting here will be appreciated.
If I stumble upon it will do, but I already bought 3 different ones, one still unopened so won't be looking for a while :) Where are you based?

Julian

I don't know where do you get it by 20 bucks, but if you have the link you should to share it :v
Here's the proof :) This one was being sold directly by Amazon. Like I said said, keep an eye out.
ad9bd26cb0d59d18b61f7fe3648537f9.jpg

Julian

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
It bothers me, but not only me

I am with you here in principle, since Tensor is a registered trademark.

However, I think Julian has a point in saying that most people make no difference between Tensor, Butterfly´s spring sponge or any other technology (I guess Stiga´s even goes unnamed?), and that Tensor is being made the generic name.

Might as well go with that flow.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I am with you here in principle, since Tensor is a registered trademark.

However, I think Julian has a point in saying that most people make no difference between Tensor, Butterfly´s spring sponge or any other technology (I guess Stiga´s even goes unnamed?), and that Tensor is being made the generic name.

Might as well go with that flow.

So we should just call all blades hinoki then?
or all carbon blades ZLC?

I think it is important to call a spade a spade.
maybe a more correct calling would be "tensor like"

never the less, 20usd for a mantra sounds way too dodgy.
the manufacturing cost is more than that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.