• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 157
    1. Top | #1
      JulianTT is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      This user has been banned. Country: Switzerland

      Equipment:
      Blade 1990s Stiga OC | Palio Energy 03 | Butterfly Primorac
      Forehand Rubber 729-02 | Jupiter II | Mantra H
      Backhand Rubber 729-02 | AK-47 Yellow | Mantra M

      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Posts
      122
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts

      Stiga Mantra - possibly the best priced tensor

      Stiga Mantra is a fast and spin-oriented tensor Made in Japan. It comes in H, M and S hardness and it has been already reviewed by the TTD team.

      Its normal price is around 40 EUR, but it can regularly be found on Amazon for around 20 EUR if you are a little patient. At that price point I believe that it would be very hard to find a better rubber in the same class. The only downside that I can find it is that the sponge is delicate and does not do well with peeling and regluing. The solution is to remove it very carefully and not try to peel the remaining glue, just apply a fresh layer or two over it.

      I currently have the H and M paired with a Butterfly Primorac and it's a pretty perfect match; the feel and feedback are amazing. I also had it on a Stiga OC and Palio Energy 03 but didn't like those combinations as much, on the OC it was very very loud. I prefer the M for being easier to play at my level.

      Have you tried them?



      Julian

    2. Top | #2
      dominus7 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Chile
      dominus7's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Viscaria
      Forehand Rubber Yinhe/Galaxy Jupiter 2
      Backhand Rubber Yinhe/Galaxy Saturn Pro

      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Posts
      611
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 92 Times in 82 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by JulianTT View Post
      Stiga Mantra is a fast and spin-oriented tensor Made in Japan. It comes in H, M and S hardness and it has been already reviewed by the TTD team.

      Its normal price is around 40 EUR, but it can regularly be found on Amazon for around 20 EUR if you are a little patient. At that price point I believe that it would be very hard to find a better rubber in the same class. The only downside that I can find it is that the sponge is delicate and does not do well with peeling and regluing. The solution is to remove it very carefully and not try to peel the remaining glue, just apply a fresh layer or two over it.

      I currently have the H and M paired with a Butterfly Primorac and it's a pretty perfect match; the feel and feedback are amazing. I also had it on a Stiga OC and Palio Energy 03 but didn't like those combinations as much, on the OC it was very very loud. I prefer the M for being easier to play at my level.

      Have you tried them?



      Julian
      Link Amazon seller or rubber?

    3. Top | #3
      lasta is online now
      says Wa?
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Canada
      lasta's Avatar

      Join Date
      Jul 2018
      Posts
      362
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 179 Times in 119 Posts
      Really? Sounds like the perfect rubber. What's the response characteristics? And compared to what?

    4. Top | #4
      Yamaguchi is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Philippines


      Join Date
      Jul 2017
      Posts
      18
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
      I like the m very much on my bh nore than t05, and t05fx which i used for some time. Though i havent tried mantra for long with my fh but it has potential specially the h.

    5. Top | #5
      langel is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Bulgaria

      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Vega Tour
      Forehand Rubber Xiom Omega VII Asia 2.0, Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Omega VII Asia 2.0, Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0

      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Posts
      1,744
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 823 Times in 572 Posts
      Well, I may agree with everything you say about Stiga Mantra, with one exception - its Not a Tensor.
      So, as its Not a Tensor, the statement of it being the best priced Tensor makes no sense at all. Its the same nonsense as to call it Tenergy, and then it would be the best priced Tenergy.

      So - speak about Mantra, but without mentioning the word "Tensor".

    6. The Following User Likes langel's Post:

      UpSideDownCarl (08-01-2019)

    7. Top | #6
      vvk1 is offline
      says I compete, therefore I am
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: UK
      vvk1's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Nexy Qabod
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar Hybrid K2
      Backhand Rubber Andro Hexer Grip

      Join Date
      May 2013
      Posts
      694
      Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 529 Times in 273 Posts
      I tried Mantra M in the past and found it quite lacking in the spin department. Fast - hell yeah, great for hitters, no doubt. But if you like to loop, especially brush loop, there are better rubbers.

    8. The Following User Likes vvk1's Post:

      UpSideDownCarl (08-01-2019)

    9. Top | #7
      JulianTT is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      This user has been banned. Country: Switzerland

      Equipment:
      Blade 1990s Stiga OC | Palio Energy 03 | Butterfly Primorac
      Forehand Rubber 729-02 | Jupiter II | Mantra H
      Backhand Rubber 729-02 | AK-47 Yellow | Mantra M

      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Posts
      122
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by langel View Post
      So - speak about Mantra, but without mentioning the word "Tensor".
      Most people refer to modern elastic rubbers as "tensors". Just like they call any paper towel a kleenex. And while that may bother you for whatever reason, it is your problem, not mine.

      Julian

    10. Top | #8
      JulianTT is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      This user has been banned. Country: Switzerland

      Equipment:
      Blade 1990s Stiga OC | Palio Energy 03 | Butterfly Primorac
      Forehand Rubber 729-02 | Jupiter II | Mantra H
      Backhand Rubber 729-02 | AK-47 Yellow | Mantra M

      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Posts
      122
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by dominus7 View Post
      Link Amazon seller or rubber?
      It is sold but Amazon itself and other sellers. There is no particular seller that I recommend, just search for Stiga Mantra and compare prices. The lower price might only be valid for a certain color or thickness but with patience you will find a deal on the one you like.

      Julian

    11. Top | #9
      JulianTT is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      This user has been banned. Country: Switzerland

      Equipment:
      Blade 1990s Stiga OC | Palio Energy 03 | Butterfly Primorac
      Forehand Rubber 729-02 | Jupiter II | Mantra H
      Backhand Rubber 729-02 | AK-47 Yellow | Mantra M

      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Posts
      122
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by lasta View Post
      Really? Sounds like the perfect rubber. What's the response characteristics? And compared to what?
      I'm not sure what you mean by that. Just search the TTD video review for more information.

      Julian

    12. Top | #10
      JulianTT is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      This user has been banned. Country: Switzerland

      Equipment:
      Blade 1990s Stiga OC | Palio Energy 03 | Butterfly Primorac
      Forehand Rubber 729-02 | Jupiter II | Mantra H
      Backhand Rubber 729-02 | AK-47 Yellow | Mantra M

      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Posts
      122
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by vvk1 View Post
      I tried Mantra M in the past and found it quite lacking in the spin department. Fast - hell yeah, great for hitters, no doubt. But if you like to loop, especially brush loop, there are better rubbers.
      Among the rubbers that I own it has the most spin, but I am not an expert. I haven't heard anyone else say it lacks spin either.

      I believe that wit Euro and Japanese rubbers you are not supposed to brush, but hit through the sponge. It's a different way of engaging the rubber.

      Julian
      Last edited by JulianTT; 07-17-2019 at 05:33 PM.

    13. Top | #11
      d3ss3n is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Mauritius
      d3ss3n's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Donic Epox Carbotec
      Forehand Rubber Andro Rasant Powergrip
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution EL-S

      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Mauritius Island
      Posts
      213
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 54 Times in 32 Posts
      That rubber makes wonders on the backhand side...well at least for me that rubber is a winner..The Mantra M

      Sent from my SM-A700H using Tapatalk

    14. Top | #12
      langel is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Bulgaria

      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Vega Tour
      Forehand Rubber Xiom Omega VII Asia 2.0, Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Omega VII Asia 2.0, Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0

      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Posts
      1,744
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 823 Times in 572 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by JulianTT View Post
      Most people refer to modern elastic rubbers as "tensors". Just like they call any paper towel a kleenex. And while that may bother you for whatever reason, it is your problem, not mine.

      Julian

      No, thats not right.
      Its the same foolishness as to say that BTYs are the most expensive tensors, because "most people refer to modern elastic rubbers as "tensors".

      It bothers me, but not only me, because such mistakes are not good for the public face of the forum.

    15. The Following 3 Users Like langel's Post:

      thomas.pong (07-21-2019),Tony's Table Tennis (07-17-2019),vvk1 (07-17-2019)

    16. Top | #13
      thom is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Canada


      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Posts
      145
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by JulianTT View Post
      It is sold but Amazon itself and other sellers. There is no particular seller that I recommend, just search for Stiga Mantra and compare prices. The lower price might only be valid for a certain color or thickness but with patience you will find a deal on the one you like.

      Julian
      Julian if you are still looking to buy it and come across a deal like what you have mentioned - a posting here will be appreciated.

    17. Top | #14
      yogi_bear is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Equipment Expert
      Master TTD Member Country: Philippines
      yogi_bear's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Offensive S; Tmount T540; Xiom Vega Euro
      Forehand Rubber Kokutaku 007 Pro; Hurricane 3; Tibhar MX-S
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Omega 7 Hyper; Stiga DNA H; Joola Maxxx 500

      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Philippines
      Posts
      3,297
      Reviews
      Read 77 Reviews
      Liked 1,603 Times in 1,009 Posts
      Mantra H is very good both fh or bh. Technically it is not a tensor since it is not made by ESN.

    18. The Following User Likes yogi_bear's Post:

      UpSideDownCarl (08-01-2019)

    19. Top | #15
      JulianTT is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      This user has been banned. Country: Switzerland

      Equipment:
      Blade 1990s Stiga OC | Palio Energy 03 | Butterfly Primorac
      Forehand Rubber 729-02 | Jupiter II | Mantra H
      Backhand Rubber 729-02 | AK-47 Yellow | Mantra M

      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Posts
      122
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by thom View Post
      Julian if you are still looking to buy it and come across a deal like what you have mentioned - a posting here will be appreciated.
      If I stumble upon it will do, but I already bought 3 different ones, one still unopened so won't be looking for a while Where are you based?

      Julian

    20. Top | #16
      dominus7 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Chile
      dominus7's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Viscaria
      Forehand Rubber Yinhe/Galaxy Jupiter 2
      Backhand Rubber Yinhe/Galaxy Saturn Pro

      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Posts
      611
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 92 Times in 82 Posts
      I don't know where do you get it by 20 bucks, but if you have the link you should to share it :v

    21. Top | #17
      JulianTT is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      This user has been banned. Country: Switzerland

      Equipment:
      Blade 1990s Stiga OC | Palio Energy 03 | Butterfly Primorac
      Forehand Rubber 729-02 | Jupiter II | Mantra H
      Backhand Rubber 729-02 | AK-47 Yellow | Mantra M

      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Posts
      122
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by dominus7 View Post
      I don't know where do you get it by 20 bucks, but if you have the link you should to share it :v
      Here's the proof This one was being sold directly by Amazon. Like I said said, keep an eye out.

      Julian

    22. Top | #18
      thom is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Canada


      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Posts
      145
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by JulianTT View Post
      If I stumble upon it will do, but I already bought 3 different ones, one still unopened so won't be looking for a while Where are you based?

      Julian
      Canada

    23. Top | #19
      Airoc is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Germany

      Equipment:
      Blade Treiber CO
      Forehand Rubber Rasanter R47
      Backhand Rubber Rasanter R47

      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      1,005
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 700 Times in 416 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by langel View Post

      It bothers me, but not only me
      I am with you here in principle, since Tensor is a registered trademark.

      However, I think Julian has a point in saying that most people make no difference between Tensor, Butterfly´s spring sponge or any other technology (I guess Stiga´s even goes unnamed?), and that Tensor is being made the generic name.

      Might as well go with that flow.

    24. The Following 3 Users Like Airoc's Post:

      Astorix (07-19-2019),NextLevel (07-22-2019),UpSideDownCarl (08-01-2019)

    25. Top | #20
      Tony's Table Tennis is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Verified Pro Coach
      Master TTD Member Country: South Africa


      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      3,496
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 2,395 Times in 1,288 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Airoc View Post
      I am with you here in principle, since Tensor is a registered trademark.

      However, I think Julian has a point in saying that most people make no difference between Tensor, Butterfly´s spring sponge or any other technology (I guess Stiga´s even goes unnamed?), and that Tensor is being made the generic name.

      Might as well go with that flow.
      So we should just call all blades hinoki then?
      or all carbon blades ZLC?

      I think it is important to call a spade a spade.
      maybe a more correct calling would be "tensor like"

      never the less, 20usd for a mantra sounds way too dodgy.
      the manufacturing cost is more than that
      Last edited by Tony's Table Tennis; 07-18-2019 at 10:35 AM.
      BYE BYE

    26. The Following 4 Users Like Tony's Table Tennis's Post:

      langel (07-18-2019),thomas.pong (07-21-2019),UpSideDownCarl (08-01-2019),vvk1 (07-18-2019)

    Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP