Stiga Mantra - possibly the best priced tensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
This is a good suggestion. The term "tensioned rubber" is both generally understandable and technically correct--appropriate for any and all situations.

Yes "tensioned" or "tension" is a simple, correct and common way. In France, they also referred to these types of rubbers as "stocking energy" to explain it simply.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
There's one big difference between the ESN rubbers and the Japanese made. The ESN rubbers die quite fast if you put in some serious training hours. You can quite often reboost ESN rubbers but they will never play as new. This is more true for the newer generations like Rasanter and less for the older ones like Fastarc and Rakza 7.

And you’d include the Butterfly gear in the ‘Japanese’ category?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
It's made in Japan and also quite different from ESN rubbers in sponge, topsheet and feel.

PS: I'm not saying you can't do the same things with an Tensor than with Tenergy just that they are quite different.

I need to use a different technique when using Mantra or Rozena/Tenergy compared to the ESN rubbers that I've tried (R47/42, EL-S, FX-P and a few others). The Fastarc series is the first ESN rubbers that I've tried which works with the same contact as spring sponge type rubbers. I think it's better to make a difference between European and Japanese made rubbers as they play differently in general due to the different technology (which has been explained in detail earlier in this thread).

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I need to use a different technique when using Mantra or Rozena/Tenergy compared to the ESN rubbers that I've tried (R47/42, EL-S, FX-P and a few others). The Fastarc series is the first ESN rubbers that I've tried which works with the same contact as spring sponge type rubbers. I think it's better to make a difference between European and Japanese made rubbers as they play differently in general due to the different technology (which has been explained in detail earlier in this thread).

Same here.

I used C-1 3 years ago and quite liked it although I didn't know any better then. I just ordered a sheet which should arrive this week to give it a well deserved comparison test. I have a good feeling I will like it but we'll see!

This user has no status.
Yep, as I said, if it wasn't for his uncivilized behavouier and rude posts, I would of just ignored him
I guess you okay with people talking to you very rudely.

I can agree with someone's message without agreeing with his/her communication style.
I thought the first sentence of my last post made that clear. I guess not... :rolleyes:

This user has no status.
I too am of the same opinion that I wanna bunch all of the rubbers with tensor like properties into the term "tensor", because it simplifies what type of rubber we're talking about. It doesn't matter to me who manufactures it, only what characteristics it has. Are we tt players or business owners? I know what I am anyway.

I sincerely agree with you here. If this were a table tennis equipment manufacturing forum (I definitely would not be on this forum in that case), then I would totally encourage the precise usage of technical terms on different types of rubbers. As this is mostly a forum for tt hobbyists, I don't feel the obligation to be totally right in my usage of the term "tensor".

For those experts who wants to diligently make the distinction between ESN tensor, Bty spring spongs, etc., please feel free to do so. Just don't force me to abide by your standards when it comes to rubber jargons. As long as you understand what I'm talking about, please don't make a huge fuss about the exact term I'm using. Like I said, I'm here to learn about rubbers' playing characteristics and prices, not their development history or naming conventions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Sorry folks I have to go back to the OP. Continue correcting us all you like but you all know very well what we mean when we use the term "tensor", correct? If you insist on its accuracy then by all means keep correcting us ha ha...

I was looking into Amazon for this tensor (sic) Mantra but still find the price was a bit high. Other on-line sites showed ~ $45-$70. Where exactly can I find the 20 Euro Mantra?

In your dreams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
What is the best term for these type rubber/sponge that you come up with after 100 posts?
Sent from Tapatalk

Any term you like, as long as people understand what you are talking about.
Isn't this the whole point of any conversation? To convey meaning to others.

Reactions: RidTheKid
Status
Not open for further replies.