Confusion in deciding which rubber and blade to go with (Intermediate level)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Hello Team,
I am Akshay from India. I have been playing TT for about 5 years now, i would like to consider now, myself in the intermediate category. Since the last two years i have worked on playing a more serious game. So for my practice to get know all the different nuances of the game and get acquainted to control, spin and speed, i went ahead with a beginner bat - GKI Offensive XX. It costs about 15$. It was a heavy bat and was thick enough.

After a year and half with that, i have decided now to upgrade to a assembled racket, which would suit my play style. I play good offensive in FH along with topspins loops and flat shots. I have good speed in FH and OK control, i need something with more control in my forehand chop and block. I play good spin and have good control with my back hand, although the speed i send is not much. I aim to be a allround player, with good spin and good control over heavy speed.
Please do recommend me, the blade i can try and the rubbers that i can try.
Some of the recommendations that i have got from players watching my game play is:
blade: Stiga classic all round,
rubbers: Donic sonex/koppa.
I have researched a bit, but the confusion still exists. If you can please suggest rubbers with regards to BH/FH it would be very helpful. Thank you. I have a budget around 100$.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
The Stiga Classic Allround is a good idea and is definitely still around as it's a best seller around the world. You could also go for a Butterfly Primorac if that's easier to find in your area.

For rubbers, I would go for either Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft, Xiom Vega Europe or Butterfly Rozena. Get them in 1.9 or 2.0mm thickness, same rubber and thickness on both sides.

tabletennis11.com is a great site that sells every brand except Butterfly. It has great discounts and ships worldwide fast.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Thank you Thomas for your immediate response, but i see that primorac alone goes upto 85$ and it crosses my budget. Thank your for your suggestion. Also, i am trying in this site worldoftabletennis and its actually cheaper there. I see the rubbers you mentioned are very good. :)

Reactions: thomas.pong
I would also go with the Allround Classic from Stiga. Applegren Allplay from Donic might also work.
For the rubber it depends on what your ambitions are. I recently realized myself on the backhand that harder rubber will force you to play with the right technique. I played softer rubbers on my BH but tried the Fastarc C1 with 45°. In the beginning this really didn't work for me but with the help of a teammate I got the technique right. After that it really feels amazing and "right" to play with the harder rubber.
So I would at least for your FH suggest something down the line like Xiom Vega Intro, Gewo Neoflexx 48, Xiom Vega Pro (1.8mm!) or maybe even the Fastarc G1 in 1.8mm. I'm right now testing the G1 in 2.0 on my FH and this should be controllable in 1.8.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Stiga Allround is an excellent blade and unofficially the benchmark for all others, can;t go wrong there. For rubber, I actually recommend staying away from Rakza 7 Soft and Vega Europe but something a little harder, more linear and predictable like the original Rakza 7 and Vega Pro. But note, both of these will still be much faster than your assembled bat.

If you are looking for more control than your reassembled bat, it is going to be very difficult. Maybe 2 sheets of LKT Pro XP. High spin, medium low speed, linear control.