Cheaper T05H - T05 Combination Alternative

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
I bought;
FH: Friendship Battle II (no boosting)
BH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1

Yesterday I did my first training with these equipments.

FH rubber is complete dead until I do Tenergy-like topspin. It has less topspin than Tenergy 05. But when rip it, it is spinning like never before.

I couldn't do training with a friend who has equal TTR points. He wasn't able to block my topspins properly.

A guy even with 1600+ TTR struggled alot. Those dipping topspins are so deadly. I was going to even win the game. On the last set I lost to him 11-9. I tried to be aggressive as much as I could to stop him doing his combinations.

Short receives ended up at net. I should adjust my receives. When I success, ball goes with more backspin that T05/H.

BH rubber is great alternative to T05. It is slower on very slow balls, when I start to do drives, it shoots faster. Maybe it is because it's a new rubber.

I have never been tired like this before(except private coaching sessions). I have never ripped that much ball in a day with high speed and spin.

I am glad to try tacky rubber on FH. :)

Sent from Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
Has anyone tried blue storm rubbers? Heard good stuff 'bout'em
I tried BS Z1 and Z2 on max. Durability was very bad. But you get more control. Less spin than G-1 and of course T05. It feels little bit dead after weeks. Ball arc is low. I remember the times on my backhand wrist snapping action felt ache while trying to generate arc.

I totally recommend you to avoid Bluestorm rubbers if you are not looking for safe shots or block.

They are light though.

Sent from Tapatalk

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Vega pro ?

Vega Pro. Fastarc-G1. Mx-P. Nanofex FT48. These might fill in for T05.

Nexxus EL Pro at 48° (and maybe at 50° as well), MX-S and Gold Arc 8 (at 50°) might sub for T05H.

These rubbers share qualities, but are not equivalent shoe-ins. Some adaptation is required, with differences in various scenarios, and YMMV anyway.

Reactions: Zeen
This user has no status.
Vega Pro. Fastarc-G1. Mx-P. Nanofex FT48. These might fill in for T05.

Nexxus EL Pro at 48° (and maybe at 50° as well), MX-S and Gold Arc 8 (at 50°) might sub for T05H.

These rubbers share qualities, but are not equivalent shoe-ins. Some adaptation is required, with differences in various scenarios, and YMMV anyway.

well said!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
I think Mantra is worth trying.
Together with a friend in the club we switched to the Stiga Mantra rubber and we are very satisfied.
Topsheet is the same for Mantra S, M and H, only the sponge has different hardness.
I have been playing with Mantra for 3 months, of course wear is visible on the rubber, but I didn't notice a significant drop in performance.
Detailed review https://ttgearlab.com/2017/07/12/stiga-mantra-series-review/