• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 22
    1. Top | #1
      burhanayan is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Turkey
      burhanayan's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Timo Boll ALC
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 Hard
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05

      Join Date
      Feb 2018
      Location
      Munich
      Posts
      29
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

      Lightbulb Cheaper T05H - T05 Combination Alternative

      Hi friends,

      Everybody asks same type of questions, now it is my turn My head is about to blow up with rubber reviews...


      I am using on my FH T05H, BH T05 with TB ALC blade. I am a two-winged looper with 1300+ TTR score, have a good technique but lack of experience. I tend to hit hard on FH, T05 stays on the soft side for my FH preference. On the other hand, T05 Hard is sometimes just a little bit hard. I have no problem with their springiness nor speed.


      I play 8hrs/week on average. Tenergies last me 5 months with cleaning rubber and sticking protector sheets.


      As everybody, I want to spend less on equipment if there are equivalent rubber options over 05 and 05H (I am looking for better ratio of (Performance + Durability) / Price ). I am OK to loose little bit arc. I may give a try to tacky rubber only on FH too but I don't want to boost it.


      Is there an equivalent rubber combination that you guys can suggest?


      Thanks in advance.

    2. Top | #2
      Amaken23 is offline
      says Left handed backhand machine
      !!
       
      TTD Member Country: Poland

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Azalea All Around
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7

      Join Date
      Jun 2018
      Location
      Poland
      Posts
      35
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts
      I can suggest Yasaka Rakza series . I've been using Rakza 7 for 2 years now and they are very durable. Great control and little grip for flicks and topspins far from table. Also, cheaper than tenergy

    3. Top | #3
      SFF_lib is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: New Zealand
      SFF_lib's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Hans Alser OC
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 (Provincial)
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 64

      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Location
      New Zealand
      Posts
      895
      Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 678 Times in 405 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by burhanayan View Post
      Hi friends,

      Everybody asks same type of questions, now it is my turn My head is about to blow up with rubber reviews...


      I am using on my FH T05H, BH T05 with TB ALC blade. I am a two-winged looper with 1300+ TTR score, have a good technique but lack of experience. I tend to hit hard on FH, T05 stays on the soft side for my FH preference. On the other hand, T05 Hard is sometimes just a little bit hard. I have no problem with their springiness nor speed.


      I play 8hrs/week on average. Tenergies last me 5 months with cleaning rubber and sticking protector sheets.


      As everybody, I want to spend less on equipment if there are equivalent rubber options over 05 and 05H (I am looking for better ratio of (Performance + Durability) / Price ). I am OK to loose little bit arc. I may give a try to tacky rubber only on FH too but I don't want to boost it.


      Is there an equivalent rubber combination that you guys can suggest?


      Thanks in advance.
      I have played with T05, T05FX, T64, T80 and T05H. To be honest the rubber with the closest "Spring" feel is Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 48 which feel close to T05H. When I played Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 48 it felt as fast and as spinny as T05H.

    4. Top | #4
      Airoc is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Germany

      Equipment:
      Blade Tibhar Custom
      Forehand Rubber Rasanter R50
      Backhand Rubber Rasanter R50

      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      908
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 653 Times in 386 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by SFF_lib View Post
      When I played Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 48 it felt as fast and as spinny as T05H.
      Quite surprising that a rubber with a nominal sponge hardness of 48 should be able to do that, would have expected it more from the newer 50 or even 53 degree rubbers (regular tenergy competing in the 47,5 range of Evolution MX-P/MX-S, bluefire/storm m/z 1, Rasanter R47 etc.)

    5. Top | #5
      SFF_lib is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: New Zealand
      SFF_lib's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Hans Alser OC
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 (Provincial)
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 64

      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Location
      New Zealand
      Posts
      895
      Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 678 Times in 405 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Airoc View Post
      Quite surprising that a rubber with a nominal sponge hardness of 48 should be able to do that, would have expected it more from the newer 50 or even 53 degree rubbers (regular tenergy competing in the 47,5 range of Evolution MX-P/MX-S, bluefire/storm m/z 1, Rasanter R47 etc.)
      The "kick" in EL 48 is stronger than in T05. That stronger "kick" is responsible for the enormous amount of spin and speed.

    6. Top | #6
      burhanayan is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Turkey
      burhanayan's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Timo Boll ALC
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 Hard
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05

      Join Date
      Feb 2018
      Location
      Munich
      Posts
      29
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by SFF_lib View Post
      I have played with T05, T05FX, T64, T80 and T05H. To be honest the rubber with the closest "Spring" feel is Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 48 which feel close to T05H. When I played Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 48 it felt as fast and as spinny as T05H.
      Thanks. What do you think about these series' durability compared with 05?

      Here 05+05H = 118€, Gewo x2 = 84€

    7. Top | #7
      burhanayan is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Turkey
      burhanayan's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Timo Boll ALC
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 Hard
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05

      Join Date
      Feb 2018
      Location
      Munich
      Posts
      29
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Amaken23 View Post
      I can suggest Yasaka Rakza series . I've been using Rakza 7 for 2 years now and they are very durable. Great control and little grip for flicks and topspins far from table. Also, cheaper than tenergy
      Thanks Amaken23. Isn't it Rakza 7 soft in compared to 05H or 05? For my preference 05 is soft for my forehand.

    8. Top | #8
      pgpg is offline
      says single setup for a year
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: United States
      pgpg's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Donic Defplay
      Forehand Rubber Palio AK47 Blue
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Dtecs OX

      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Posts
      534
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 804 Times in 362 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by burhanayan View Post
      Thanks Amaken23. Isn't it Rakza 7 soft in compared to 05H or 05? For my preference 05 is soft for my forehand.
      No offense, but your TTR translates into about 1700 USATT. Players at that level are usually in no way limited by T05 and one could even argue they are in general not that good at handling setups as hard and fast as yours.

    9. Top | #9
      yogi_bear is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Equipment Expert
      Master TTD Member Country: Philippines
      yogi_bear's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Feel AX; Stiga Nostalgia All+
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO Provincial
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Sigma II Pro; Stiga Mantra H

      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Philippines
      Posts
      2,821
      Reviews
      Read 71 Reviews
      Liked 1,325 Times in 840 Posts
      Omega 7 asia

    10. Top | #10
      burhanayan is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Turkey
      burhanayan's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Timo Boll ALC
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 Hard
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05

      Join Date
      Feb 2018
      Location
      Munich
      Posts
      29
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by pgpg View Post
      No offense, but your TTR translates into about 1700 USATT. Players at that level are usually in no way limited by T05 and one could even argue they are in general not that good at handling setups as hard and fast as yours.
      Hi pgpg, thanks for reply.

      Briefly, I started table tennis 15 years ago, with a friendship's tacky rubber and Stiga's normal rubber. After stickiness is gone in a year, I played with Bryce for 3 years on an OFF blade. Then stopped playing for 8 years. Probably getting used to it previously, I feel comfortable with quick rubbers.

      Therefore, I think this is matter of getting used to.

    11. Top | #11
      thomas.pong is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: France
      thomas.pong's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Harimoto ALC
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX

      Join Date
      Nov 2016
      Location
      France / USA
      Posts
      630
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 272 Times in 195 Posts
      Tibhar Evolution MX-P 50 and MX-P

    12. The Following User Likes thomas.pong's Post:

      sampletext (4 Weeks Ago)

    13. Top | #12
      danisius is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Bulgaria

      Equipment:
      Blade Victas Quartet AFC
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 (Provincial) /40 /2.15
      Backhand Rubber NIttaku Fastarc G-1 /2.00

      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Posts
      43
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
      FH: Omega 7 Asia
      BH: Fastarc G1

    14. Top | #13
      Amaken23 is offline
      says Left handed backhand machine
      !!
       
      TTD Member Country: Poland

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Azalea All Around
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7

      Join Date
      Jun 2018
      Location
      Poland
      Posts
      35
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by burhanayan View Post
      Thanks Amaken23. Isn't it Rakza 7 soft in compared to 05H or 05? For my preference 05 is soft for my forehand.
      From what I remember, Rakza 7 has 46 degrees sponge hardness, while Tenergy 05 has 47-48 degrees (T05 Hard 53 degrees). 1-2 degrees is not much of a difference if you ask me, but I might be wrong. From what I read, Rakza 7 is one of the first rubbers that come in different pools for Tenergy alternative.

    15. Top | #14
      thom is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      This user has been banned. Country: Canada


      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Posts
      145
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by burhanayan View Post
      Thanks. What do you think about these series' durability compared with 05?

      Here 05+05H = 118€, Gewo x2 = 84€
      you have to figure 25% discount for Gewo (or most non Bty rubbers) and none for 05+H

    16. Top | #15
      BryanY is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: United States
      BryanY's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade JOOLA Nobilis PBO-c
      Forehand Rubber JOOLA Rhyzer 48
      Backhand Rubber JOOLA Rhyzer 43

      Join Date
      Feb 2018
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      196
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 57 Times in 48 Posts

      Cheaper T05H - T05 Combination Alternative

      Xiom Omega VII Asia on FH and Rhyzer 48 on backhand. Comparable sponge hardness and performance. (Okay R48 is different from T05, but I’m a big fan).

      Maybe Omega VII Asia tour on FH if you can handle a 54 degree sponge.

    17. Top | #16
      thomas.pong is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: France
      thomas.pong's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Harimoto ALC
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX

      Join Date
      Nov 2016
      Location
      France / USA
      Posts
      630
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 272 Times in 195 Posts
      Also Nittaku Fastarc G-1 and C-1

    18. Top | #17
      Roboticsoul is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Great Britain

      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Timo Boll ALC
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO Provincial
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05

      Join Date
      Aug 2018
      Posts
      9
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
      I would definitely consider using MX-P, it's pretty much what everyone thinks of when looking at Tenergy alternatives. If you don't want to boost a Chinese tacky rubber you can maybe try Hurricane 8 as well.

    19. Top | #18
      Dr Evil is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: United States


      Join Date
      Dec 2018
      Posts
      76
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 52 Times in 37 Posts
      If you can afford it stick with Tenergy. Otherwise MX-P. I've tried and liked some of the other rubbers mentioned on this thread (Rakza, G1, H8) but they don't feel or play like T05. Neither does MX-P but it comes much closer and it's outstanding in its own right at least until the booster wears off.

    20. The Following User Likes Dr Evil's Post:

      thomas.pong (4 Weeks Ago)

    21. Top | #19
      BryanY is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: United States
      BryanY's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade JOOLA Nobilis PBO-c
      Forehand Rubber JOOLA Rhyzer 48
      Backhand Rubber JOOLA Rhyzer 43

      Join Date
      Feb 2018
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      196
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 57 Times in 48 Posts

      Cheaper T05H - T05 Combination Alternative

      I know people like to compare MX-P to T05, but he also asked about Tenergy 05 Hard. How similar is MX-P 50 to Tenergy 05 Hard? Also the MX-P 50 sponge is softer too (T05H would convert to around 53 degrees on the ESN scale). Omega VII Asia (or Tour) is still a better option.
      Last edited by BryanY; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:56 AM.

    22. Top | #20
      laistrogian is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Australia

      Equipment:
      Blade Mizutani ZLC
      Forehand Rubber Rakza 7
      Backhand Rubber Fastarc G1

      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      621
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 369 Times in 229 Posts
      Try fastarc G1 for the FH. I enjoy using it a lot especially since it has the stability when hitting hard

    23. The Following User Likes laistrogian's Post:

      thomas.pong (4 Weeks Ago)

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP