Cheaper T05H - T05 Combination Alternative

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
Hi friends,

Everybody asks same type of questions, now it is my turn:) My head is about to blow up with rubber reviews...

I am using on my FH T05H, BH T05 with TB ALC blade. I am a two-winged looper with 1300+ TTR score, have a good technique but lack of experience. I tend to hit hard on FH, T05 stays on the soft side for my FH preference. On the other hand, T05 Hard is sometimes just a little bit hard. I have no problem with their springiness nor speed.

I play 8hrs/week on average. Tenergies last me 5 months with cleaning rubber and sticking protector sheets.

As everybody, I want to spend less on equipment if there are equivalent rubber options over 05 and 05H (I am looking for better ratio of (Performance + Durability) / Price ). I am OK to loose little bit arc. I may give a try to tacky rubber only on FH too but I don't want to boost it.

Is there an equivalent rubber combination that you guys can suggest?

Thanks in advance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hi friends,

Everybody asks same type of questions, now it is my turn:) My head is about to blow up with rubber reviews...

I am using on my FH T05H, BH T05 with TB ALC blade. I am a two-winged looper with 1300+ TTR score, have a good technique but lack of experience. I tend to hit hard on FH, T05 stays on the soft side for my FH preference. On the other hand, T05 Hard is sometimes just a little bit hard. I have no problem with their springiness nor speed.

I play 8hrs/week on average. Tenergies last me 5 months with cleaning rubber and sticking protector sheets.

As everybody, I want to spend less on equipment if there are equivalent rubber options over 05 and 05H (I am looking for better ratio of (Performance + Durability) / Price ). I am OK to loose little bit arc. I may give a try to tacky rubber only on FH too but I don't want to boost it.

Is there an equivalent rubber combination that you guys can suggest?

Thanks in advance.

I have played with T05, T05FX, T64, T80 and T05H. To be honest the rubber with the closest "Spring" feel is Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 48 which feel close to T05H. When I played Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 48 it felt as fast and as spinny as T05H.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
When I played Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 48 it felt as fast and as spinny as T05H.

Quite surprising that a rubber with a nominal sponge hardness of 48 should be able to do that, would have expected it more from the newer 50 or even 53 degree rubbers (regular tenergy competing in the 47,5 range of Evolution MX-P/MX-S, bluefire/storm m/z 1, Rasanter R47 etc.)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Quite surprising that a rubber with a nominal sponge hardness of 48 should be able to do that, would have expected it more from the newer 50 or even 53 degree rubbers (regular tenergy competing in the 47,5 range of Evolution MX-P/MX-S, bluefire/storm m/z 1, Rasanter R47 etc.)

The "kick" in EL 48 is stronger than in T05. That stronger "kick" is responsible for the enormous amount of spin and speed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
I have played with T05, T05FX, T64, T80 and T05H. To be honest the rubber with the closest "Spring" feel is Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 48 which feel close to T05H. When I played Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 48 it felt as fast and as spinny as T05H.

Thanks. What do you think about these series' durability compared with 05?

Here 05+05H = 118€, Gewo x2 = 84€

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Thanks Amaken23. Isn't it Rakza 7 soft in compared to 05H or 05? For my preference 05 is soft for my forehand.

No offense, but your TTR translates into about 1700 USATT. Players at that level are usually in no way limited by T05 and one could even argue they are in general not that good at handling setups as hard and fast as yours.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
No offense, but your TTR translates into about 1700 USATT. Players at that level are usually in no way limited by T05 and one could even argue they are in general not that good at handling setups as hard and fast as yours.

Hi pgpg, thanks for reply.

Briefly, I started table tennis 15 years ago, with a friendship's tacky rubber and Stiga's normal rubber. After stickiness is gone in a year, I played with Bryce for 3 years on an OFF blade. Then stopped playing for 8 years. Probably getting used to it previously, I feel comfortable with quick rubbers.

Therefore, I think this is matter of getting used to.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Thanks Amaken23. Isn't it Rakza 7 soft in compared to 05H or 05? For my preference 05 is soft for my forehand.

From what I remember, Rakza 7 has 46 degrees sponge hardness, while Tenergy 05 has 47-48 degrees (T05 Hard 53 degrees). 1-2 degrees is not much of a difference if you ask me, but I might be wrong. From what I read, Rakza 7 is one of the first rubbers that come in different pools for Tenergy alternative.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Thanks. What do you think about these series' durability compared with 05?

Here 05+05H = 118€, Gewo x2 = 84€
you have to figure 25% discount for Gewo (or most non Bty rubbers) and none for 05+H

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
If you can afford it stick with Tenergy. Otherwise MX-P. I've tried and liked some of the other rubbers mentioned on this thread (Rakza, G1, H8) but they don't feel or play like T05. Neither does MX-P but it comes much closer and it's outstanding in its own right at least until the booster wears off.

Reactions: thomas.pong