Bernadette Szocs playing with the NEW PINK RUBBER!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey everyone,

So recently it was announced that after the Tokyo Olympics new colour rubbers will be introduced into table tennis. This week at the T2 Diamond Malaysia event which an ITTF innovation lab tested the pink rubber with Bernadette Szocs. See for yourself below, Szocs using the pink rubber in the round of 16 match against Ding Ning.

Are you for this? Let us know in the comments.

bernadetteszocspinkrubber1.jpg

bernadetteszocspinkrubber2.jpg

bernadetteszocspinkrubber3.jpg

Here's our recent talking table tennis video looking at the new colour rubbers:

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
I love it. I remember advocating for this change about 10-15 years ago, but didn't think it would actually ever materialize. I can't wait to see when new colored rubbers become commercially available.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Pink / black does not really make much difference to red / black.

But I thought this rule change did not come into effect yet?
This is T2's event, not ITTF's event though there is some collaboration wrt ranking points. ITTF has said in the past that they are using T2 events as a laboratory of elements they may use in ITTF events.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Sometimes, she looks like a more beautiful version of Scarlet Johansson.

Have you seen scarlet johansson ? She's very beautiful and not comparable with bernie . Coming to topic I really dont like this colorful rubbers , The feeling of _ table tennis is not a sport _ comes to my mind and it feels like table tennis is not serious . Its just my opinion but I guess we will see more colors in women side

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Let's have meanings for colours

I love it. I remember advocating for this change about 10-15 years ago, but didn't think it would actually ever materialize. I can't wait to see when new colored rubbers become commercially available.

I proposed a rainbow of colours a few years ago - but for more than variety. They can be a great help to understanding when table tennis is shown on TV.

Few if any TV viewers understand at the moment what is really happening because they can't see the characteristics of the rubber that is used - e.g. fast, slow, spinny or anti-loop, long or short pimples.

I proposed that playing characteristics shouild be clearly colour coded. Brighter colours would show more reactive rubber, dark colours less reactive. And each of the types of surface has a different colour associated with it. E.g. orange for spin, blue for long pimples.

This is brilliant for the audience, who can appreciate the player's skill in using a particular rubber for service. And they can learn a lot. How do long pimples fare against anti-loop, for instance? Or against loop rubber? But this would also be brilliant for manufacturers - because each rubber only needs to be made in one colour, the colour that defines it.

What do you think?