Finding new fh rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
I played Rozena on my fh with Timo boll spirit and I planned to swap it to my bh to replace bluefire m2. So what should I try on my fh. I'm now considering xiom omega 7 series

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I played Rozena on my fh with Timo boll spirit and I planned to swap it to my bh to replace bluefire m2. So what should I try on my fh. I'm now considering xiom omega 7 series

Is there a reason not to use Rozena on FH and BH? There is no reason to use a different rubber unless it didn't work for you on FH. What made you want it on your BH?

Often players think that they are supposed to have different rubbers on FH and BH. If you don't know the specifics of what your FH and BH need that are different, then having the same rubber on both wings is usually more beneficial than arbitrarily having different rubbers on each side.

And if you don't know the specifics of what each wing needs, I doubt anyone on the forum could tell you if we have seen you play.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
I played it on my fh before and it has great feeling. But the bluefire m2 is too soft for fh and I decide to swap it. I have stronger bh than my fh too.i use my backhand to attack more often

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I played it on my fh before and it has great feeling. But the bluefire m2 is too soft for fh and I decide to swap it. I have stronger bh than my fh too.i use my backhand to attack more often

WHY DON'T YOU USE ROZENA FOR FH AND BH.

Again, if you are arbitrarily picking rubbers for each wing, GET THE SAME RUBBER ON EACH WING. You will improve faster and your improvement will be more balanced between wings if you are using the same rubber on both sides.

Unless you have an actual specific reason for different rubbers on each side and know exactly what you need on each side that is different, you should probably use the same rubber on each side.

So many mid level players slow their progress by getting different rubbers for FH and BH without having a clue why they are doing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
I just typed wrongly. Rozena Hard's to adapt to my style. I can't generate more spin and power with that. I tried with t05 before and it is fantastic. But the price is just too high as I still have a sister which plays more than me. She needs to play 2 Tenergy and my family is not that rich

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Try Stiga Mantra M or Nittaku Fastarc G-1 if you want something that is similar to T05. Nothing on the market is exactly like T05 but at least they come at a lower price point. I've never tried the Mizuno Q5 myself but I've heard other people saying that it's quite similar to the Mantra.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I just typed wrongly. Rozena Hard's to adapt to my style. I can't generate more spin and power with that. I tried with t05 before and it is fantastic. But the price is just too high as I still have a sister which plays more than me. She needs to play 2 Tenergy and my family is not that rich

No offense, but if money is a concern, you should be adapting to what you have rather than buying new gear. Rozena is not slow, work on leg, waist, arm and wrist cohesion to generate more racket speed. Trying new stuff would only make adapting even worse.

FYI cheaper 90% alternative is Xiom Vega Pro, but I don't think there is anything that can do the Rozena can't.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
No offense, but if money is a concern, you should be adapting to what you have rather than buying new gear. Rozena is not slow, work on leg, waist, arm and wrist cohesion to generate more racket speed. Trying new stuff would only make adapting even worse.

FYI cheaper 90% alternative is Xiom Vega Pro, but I don't think there is anything that can do the Rozena can't.

I agree with this. If you have two rubbers and money is tight, use what you have.

What you have is fine. But arbitrarily having other people pick what would go on your FH and/or BH without those people having seen you play, well, that just makes no sense. It is almost like asking people what size shoe you should use for your right foot. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Nah, the Goon Squad random algorithm sez to slap Dawei 388 on both sides, become invincible, and call it a day.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Probably the most underrated rubber on this planet. A pity that you lose a pip every time that you try hitting with it.