This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
I backed the Trainerbot over a year ago on Indiegogo and I was looking at the most recent comments and someone mentioned that Joola just launched their own table tennis robot on Kickstarter.

It has all the features and more (recycle net) compared to the trainer bot and is a little more expensive but not as expensive as Newgy or Butterfly. At this point, I don't think I'm ever going to get my trainerbot but am interested in backing what Joola created since they are an established company.

What are your thoughts?

Reactions: thomas.pong
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Looks like a great robot at a good price from a trusted company. I'm interested in backing it.

Yeah, the feature list at that price point sounds like a winner. If they can keep the price even close to $1K and make it reliable it should do really well. It will have primary features that will compare to the Newgy 3050XL and the Amicus/PowerPong robots, but cost 1/2 as much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
They didn't say how many wheels it has. Is this an oversight, or does it mean it has just one wheel, so they prefer not to mention it? If it has only one wheel, you cannot separate the spin from the speed, and its usefulness is severely limited.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
They didn't say how many wheels it has. Is this an oversight, or does it mean it has just one wheel, so they prefer not to mention it? If it has only one wheel, you cannot separate the spin from the speed, and its usefulness is severely limited.

Based on the diagram and the fact that it looks like it will do underspin balls without flipping upside down, I would say it is a two wheel robot.

Another question would be the quality of the ball coming out.

Reactions: Javier Delgado
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews

There’s a section with comment and answers, and in that section it’s explained that two wheels propel the ball, and head rotation is used to create left/right side top- or underspin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
I decided to pick the iPong Trainer Motion bundle they have. I might as well get a robot for now since no words from the Chen brothers on trainerbot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
I just saw that they also made a new update with a comparison chart. I didnt realize the upper end robots are so expesnive and has less features. Is their comparison chart true?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
I just saw that they also made a new update with a comparison chart. I didnt realize the upper end robots are so expesnive and has less features. Is their comparison chart true?

Yeah, after a quick glance it looks like that chart is.... kind of close to being accurate?

I will say they should have used the Newgy 3050XL for a comparison and not the 2055. The 3050XL is around $2K and is not worth it my opinion, and yes I owned one. The Amicus with the bluetooth control is the "Prime" and not the Professional.

Other than that, if this thing works well it do well in the market. Even if it has its share of issues, it will be in the same ballpark as the Newgy 3050XL for 1/2 the cost. The Amicus robots are pretty bullet proof in comparison to the Newgy. I have the PowerPong 3000, which is basically the same as an Amicus Professional. I have had it about a year and have about 300 hours on it.

Reactions: yoass

KJA

This user has no status.

KJA

This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Do you think I control the amount of spin? Little backspin or much etc. That's my problem with most of the robots (ex Newgy 2050), it's very much topspin / backspin and no other options.